Beyonce 'Homecoming' documentary comes with surprise live album
"She created an entire world to encompass the music that she's put out over the last two decades of her career. "
Beyonce fans staying awake to catch her documentary drop on Netflix, "Homecoming: A Film by Beyonce," were gifted another treat in the form of a huge live album.
Released at midnight, Queen Bey dropped the 40-track album with no advance warning. The majority of "Homecoming: The Live Album" takes fans track by track through her instantly iconic Coachella performance from last year, which quickly become the most-viewed live music festival performance ever on YouTube, per TMZ.
The new album features the original instrumentations used for the showwhich, as Beyoncé explains during her new documentary, looked to honor Black culture and included a Black marching band orchestra as an ode to Historically Black Colleges and Universities. In total, fans can now listen to 40 tracks from the show, for a total of one hour and 49 minutes. The record also features a cover of Frankie Beverly & Maze's "Before I Let Go," a 1981 track that's become a staple at Black family events and gatherings, yet another nod to Black culture that's resulted from Homecoming.
The artist absolutely dominated the scene a year ago when she became the first black woman to headline the festival. Her performances took over the social media conversation for two weeks and fans have been clamoring for more ever since.
Now, they get to not only enjoy Beyonce's documentary treatment of her groundbreaking performance, but they can relive it at any time through the massive album release the singer announced herself via Twitter.
The album is available for purchase via iTune, or streaming on multiple platforms including Tidal, Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon Music and YouTube Music. Bey was even kind enough to provide all the links on her official website, along with samples of all 40 tracks.
Check out the full track list below:
- Crazy In Love
- Lift Every Voice and Sing
- So Much Damn Swag
- Kitty Kat
- Bow Down
- I Been On
- Drunk in Love
- Flawless / Feeling Myself
- Top Off
- Bug a Boo Roll Call (Interlude)
- Don't Hurt Yourself
- I Care
- Mi Gente (feat. J Balvin)
- Baby Boy
- You Don't Love Me (No, No, No)
- Hold Up
- Check On It
- Deja Vu (feat. JAY-Z)
- The Bzzzz Drumline (Interlude)
- Run the World (Girls)
- Lose My Breath (Beyoncé, Kelly Rowland & Michelle Williams - Destiny's Child)
- Say My Name (Beyoncé, Kelly Rowland & Michelle Williams - Destiny's Child)
- Soldier (Beyoncé, Kelly Rowland & Michelle Williams - Destiny's Child)
- Get Me Bodied
- Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)
- Lift Every Voice and Sing (Blue's Version - Beyoncé & Blue Ivy Carter)
- Love On Top
- Shining (Thank You)
- Before I Let Go (Bonus Track)
- I Been On (Bonus Track)
- 22.05.2019 Selena Gomez at Cannes 2019
- 22.05.2019 Here Are the Lyrics to Taylor Swift's 'ME!,'
- 22.05.2019 Why Gwyneth Paltrow Has Worked Hard'
- 20.05.2019 Netherlands wins Eurovision
- 22.05.2019 Julia Roberts Reveals Why Shes Never Watched Game of Thrones
- 22.05.2019 Elton John: 'Being a performer saved my life'
- 22.05.2019 Shakira and Carlos Vives beat plagiarism case
- 20.05.2019 Taylor Swift admits strange shower habit
- 19.05.2019 Sam Smith & Normani's 'Dancing With a Stranger' Hits No. 1
- 19.05.2019 Michael Jackson's Eldest Child Prince Graduates
- 15.05.2019 Taylor Swift Reacts to YouTubers' 'ME!'
- 19.05.2019 Unfinished Prince memoir gets publication date
- 15.05.2019 'Daisy Jones & the Six' goes behind the music
- 15.05.2019 P!nk and Stormzy Continue U.K. Chart Reigns
- 15.05.2019 Halsey Announces New Single 'Nightmare'
- 14.05.2019 Grandmaster Flash wins Polar Music Prize
- 14.05.2019 New releases from Amanda Palmer, Stella Donnelly
- 19.05.2019 Hozier talks about new album 'Wasteland, Baby!'
- 14.05.2019 Myspace loses 50 million songs
- 14.05.2019 Kanye West gets booed at Bonnaroo
Back to news