SOMEONE ASKED BEBE REXHA TO COVER HER STRETCH MARKS
"Last Hurrah is about vices, but its not that deep its just about having a good time."
Bebe Rexha is on the up and up. The internationally-acclaimed musician had an incredible 2018 in June, she dropped, Expectations, her long-awaited debut album which skyrocketed up the charts shortly after its release and helped earn her two Grammy nominations and this year is already gearing up to be another one for the books.
Shes also channeling a new sound in her music. Explaining that everybody's in like this 90s vibe right now she decided that shes going into punk and will be switching things up and heading in a different direction from the crowd. Shes also very in control of the creative decisions every little part, I know what I want and I know what I like, shes not going to be letting anyone dim her shine or try to take over her creative process, and were so here for it.
'And I think my dad always looks at me like his daughter. And it's like, I understand. I tried to explain, like, "Please don't hate me. It's art."'
30 years ago, the 60-year-old Queen of Pop got into hot water with then-sponsor Pepsi and Pope John Paul II over her Catholic-inspired video with burning crosses, stigmata, and interracial kissing.
In the making of the video, Rexha describes what the song means to her: Last Hurrah is about vices, but its not that deep its just about having a good time.
The Say My Name songstress even started to research New Jersey real estate in a bid to buy her disappointed father's approval after the row.
'I'm not going to lie, I was looking at homes,' Rexha confessed
'I was like, I know they want to move to New Jersey. No, I'm not going to buy them the whole thing. I was like, I'll put a down payment, let's be real. I was like what do I gotta do?
- 22.05.2019 Selena Gomez at Cannes 2019
- 22.05.2019 Here Are the Lyrics to Taylor Swift's 'ME!,'
- 22.05.2019 Why Gwyneth Paltrow Has Worked Hard'
- 20.05.2019 Netherlands wins Eurovision
- 22.05.2019 Julia Roberts Reveals Why Shes Never Watched Game of Thrones
- 22.05.2019 Elton John: 'Being a performer saved my life'
- 22.05.2019 Shakira and Carlos Vives beat plagiarism case
- 20.05.2019 Taylor Swift admits strange shower habit
- 19.05.2019 Sam Smith & Normani's 'Dancing With a Stranger' Hits No. 1
- 19.05.2019 Michael Jackson's Eldest Child Prince Graduates
- 15.05.2019 Taylor Swift Reacts to YouTubers' 'ME!'
- 19.05.2019 Unfinished Prince memoir gets publication date
- 15.05.2019 'Daisy Jones & the Six' goes behind the music
- 15.05.2019 P!nk and Stormzy Continue U.K. Chart Reigns
- 15.05.2019 Halsey Announces New Single 'Nightmare'
- 14.05.2019 Grandmaster Flash wins Polar Music Prize
- 14.05.2019 New releases from Amanda Palmer, Stella Donnelly
- 19.05.2019 Hozier talks about new album 'Wasteland, Baby!'
- 14.05.2019 Myspace loses 50 million songs
- 14.05.2019 Kanye West gets booed at Bonnaroo
Back to news