Ryan Adams guitarist Todd Wisenbacker
"This Is Us star Mandy Moore against the musician sickening and embarrassing."
Adams was accused of abuse by several women in a New York Times report published last week. It featured interviews with multiple women accusing Adams of behavior ranging from emotional manipulation to sexual misconduct, including accounts from his ex-wife Mandy Moore, Phoebe Bridgers, singer-songwriter Courtney Jaye, and others. Adams denied the allegations, addressing the Times report on Twitter.
Todd Wisenbaker, Adams guitarist, also shared a statement about Adams. In a post on Instagram, he wrote, this is incredibly hard for me to do but Ryan please get help. There were times when I chose to believe his insane version of the truth because it was easier than believing that anyone is capable of being this much of a monster, Wisenbaker continued. Ive recently learned that pretty much everything hes ever told me is a lie upon a lie upon a lie. There are excuses and denials for everything. Read Wisenbakers statement in full below.
None of them held him accountable, she said. They told him, by what they said or by what they didnt, that what he was doing was okay. They validated him. He couldnt have done this without them. Guys, if your friend is acting fucked up, call them out. If theyre actually your friend, theyll listen. Thats the way this all gets better.
He continued: Ive recently learned that pretty much everything hes ever told me is a lie upon a lie. There are excuses and denials for everything.
Some time ago, I told him to get help and he asked me to help him. I dont regret and will never regret trying to help someone in real need. I believe in forgiveness, redemption and recovery, but my life has become a complete shitstorm of someone elses utter delusion.
Weisenbackr added: I didnt want to say anything because Im actively afraid for the safety of my family, but I do realise that I have a responsibility to speak up. The women that spoke up are brave beyond words.
- 22.05.2019 Selena Gomez at Cannes 2019
- 22.05.2019 Here Are the Lyrics to Taylor Swift's 'ME!,'
- 22.05.2019 Why Gwyneth Paltrow Has Worked Hard'
- 20.05.2019 Netherlands wins Eurovision
- 22.05.2019 Julia Roberts Reveals Why Shes Never Watched Game of Thrones
- 22.05.2019 Elton John: 'Being a performer saved my life'
- 22.05.2019 Shakira and Carlos Vives beat plagiarism case
- 20.05.2019 Taylor Swift admits strange shower habit
- 19.05.2019 Sam Smith & Normani's 'Dancing With a Stranger' Hits No. 1
- 19.05.2019 Michael Jackson's Eldest Child Prince Graduates
- 15.05.2019 Taylor Swift Reacts to YouTubers' 'ME!'
- 19.05.2019 Unfinished Prince memoir gets publication date
- 15.05.2019 'Daisy Jones & the Six' goes behind the music
- 15.05.2019 P!nk and Stormzy Continue U.K. Chart Reigns
- 15.05.2019 Halsey Announces New Single 'Nightmare'
- 14.05.2019 Grandmaster Flash wins Polar Music Prize
- 14.05.2019 New releases from Amanda Palmer, Stella Donnelly
- 19.05.2019 Hozier talks about new album 'Wasteland, Baby!'
- 14.05.2019 Myspace loses 50 million songs
- 14.05.2019 Kanye West gets booed at Bonnaroo
Back to news