Ciara's New Song "Greatest Love" Is Perfect And Really Personal
Valentine's Day is just two days away, but Ciara has already started the celebrations early. The 33-year-old put on quite the sexy performance in her music video for new single, Greatest Love.
Pushing about the love she has for her husband, Ciara sang, "I shouldve known when you took my son as your own / I aint saying I aint like all the carats and the stone / Its just your love that I want / Now its you and me against, gainst the entire world, the entire world / I see our love when I look at our baby girl, Im a lucky girl.
The song, produced by Jasper and Rod Cameron, is the kind of slow bop I'll be body rolling into spring with; It picks up right where 2013's "Body Party" left off. But "Greatest Love" is, first and foremost, a love song for Ciara's husband Russell Wilson. Lines like "I should've known when you took my son as your own" and "I see our love when I look at our baby girl, I'm a lucky girl" are direct references to their blended family. Ciara's oldest son is with rapper Future and, speaking of him, I couldn't help but wonder if this line was about their breakup: "Ask God to take out everything toxic in my life and baby, he did."
The video comes after the Grammy winning singer announced another endeavor last week, her Beauty Marks Entertainment company - a company where music intersects with fashion, tech, film and philanthropy.
Speaking at the 2019 MAKERS conference, she couldn't help but gush about her man Russell and his ongoing support.
'I'm a strong woman but I need a strong man by my side, and I know I can do anything that I put my mind to,' she told Yahoo Lifestyle.
'But I think at some point in time its good to let somebody also do some stuff for you too. The best thing is when you have a man thats strong. A strong man thats smart and wise and also loves you and has your back and lifts you up and empowers you.'
- 22.05.2019 Selena Gomez at Cannes 2019
- 22.05.2019 Here Are the Lyrics to Taylor Swift's 'ME!,'
- 22.05.2019 Why Gwyneth Paltrow Has Worked Hard'
- 20.05.2019 Netherlands wins Eurovision
- 22.05.2019 Julia Roberts Reveals Why Shes Never Watched Game of Thrones
- 22.05.2019 Elton John: 'Being a performer saved my life'
- 22.05.2019 Shakira and Carlos Vives beat plagiarism case
- 20.05.2019 Taylor Swift admits strange shower habit
- 19.05.2019 Sam Smith & Normani's 'Dancing With a Stranger' Hits No. 1
- 19.05.2019 Michael Jackson's Eldest Child Prince Graduates
- 15.05.2019 Taylor Swift Reacts to YouTubers' 'ME!'
- 19.05.2019 Unfinished Prince memoir gets publication date
- 15.05.2019 'Daisy Jones & the Six' goes behind the music
- 15.05.2019 P!nk and Stormzy Continue U.K. Chart Reigns
- 15.05.2019 Halsey Announces New Single 'Nightmare'
- 14.05.2019 Grandmaster Flash wins Polar Music Prize
- 14.05.2019 New releases from Amanda Palmer, Stella Donnelly
- 19.05.2019 Hozier talks about new album 'Wasteland, Baby!'
- 14.05.2019 Myspace loses 50 million songs
- 14.05.2019 Kanye West gets booed at Bonnaroo
Back to news