Bebe Rexha Calls Out Designers
"You go to any big designer. I had my team hit out a lot of designers, and a lot of them do not want to dress me because I'm 'too big.' Literally, I'm 'too big.'"
Bebe Rexha is speaking out. The pop songstress called out designers on Monday for refusing to dress her for the 61st Annual Grammy Awards on February 10.
The 29-year-old "Meant to Be" singer, who earned her first Grammy nomination in December, posted a video on Instagram about the matter at hand. She explained how her team reached out to multiple designers, but they rejected the opportunity to create a custom red carpet outfit for her because she's "too big." She elaborated on the issue further in the post's caption.
"If you don't like my fashion style or my music thats one thing. But don't say you cant dress someone that isnt a runway size," Rexha wrote. "Empower women to love their bodies instead of making girls and women feel less than by their size. We are beautiful any size! Small or large! Anddddd My size 8 ass is still going to the Grammys."
In the short clips caption on Twitter, Rexha said the rude designers wont hold her back, My size 8 a** is still going to the Grammys.
Rexha is nominated for both Best New Artist and Country Duo/Performance for her collab with Florida Georgia Line.
Since her post, a number of designers have apparently reached out to the singer to volunteer their services. Designers such as August Getty, Tanya Taylor and Elizabeth Kennedy all replied that they would love to outfit Rexha for the event.
Fellow singer Demi Lovato praised Rexha in the comments section of her video. F**king preach!!! Lovato wrote. "Love this and you for speaking your mind and using your voice!"
"We are beautiful any size! Small or large!" she added. "Anddddd my size 8 ass is still going to the Grammys. #LOVEYOURBODY.
- 24.03.2019 MIGOS AND DJ MUSTARD TAKE OVER A WAREHOUSE
- 24.03.2019 SOMEONE ASKED BEBE REXHA TO COVER HER STRETCH MARKS
- 07.03.2019 Rita Ora channels Britney Spears as she shows downfall
- 28.02.2019 Ryan Adams guitarist Todd Wisenbacker
- 28.02.2019 Jenny Lewis is deeply troubled by Ryan Adams sexual misconduct allegations
- 07.03.2019 Red Hot Chili Peppers Flea entertains crowd with handstands
- 28.02.2019 Lady Gaga slept through Oscar nomination announcement
- 28.02.2019 Can We Please Talk About Katy Perry's Engagement Ring?
- 19.02.2019 Sam Smith Is Reclaiming His "Curves" And Fighting "The Fuck Back"
- 07.03.2019 Mariah Carey Thought The Chainsmokers Were One Direction
- 19.02.2019 Ciara's New Song "Greatest Love" Is Perfect And Really Personal
- 28.02.2019 Pornhub Released A Valentine's Day Album, And It's Not Great
- 07.03.2019 BLACKPINK Finally Has Tour Dates Across North America
- 18.02.2019 Emma Stone & Haim Recreated Spice Girls Video
- 18.02.2019 Maren Morris Holds Her Head High In New GIRL Video
- 28.02.2019 Teyana Taylors Ballroom Take On Cinderella
- 28.02.2019 Bebe Rexha Calls Out Designers
- 28.02.2019 Chris Brown Plans To Sue Rape Accuser For Defamation
- 26.01.2019 Missy Elliott, John Prine, Yusuf/Cat Stevens Among 2019 Songwriters
- 26.01.2019 Justin Timberlake Surprises Atlanta Crowd With T.I.
Back to news