Demi Lovato Responds to Rumors About Her Recovery
"Otherwise people stop writing about my recovery, because it's no one's business but mine. I am sober and grateful to be alive and taking care of ME."
Demi Lovato left rehab three months ago after an OD in July, and ever since she has been keep a low profile (and voting!).
But it looks like while Demi has been taking this time to focus on her sobriety and heal, others are busy making up and selling fake stories about her (remember when someone accused her team of being "rotten"?), and Demi has had enough.
I love my fans, and hate tabloids. Dont believe what you read. People will literally make up stuff to sell a story. Sickening.
If I feel like the world needs to know something, I will tell them MYSELF. Otherwise people stop writing about my recovery, because its no ones business but mine. I am sober and grateful to be alive and taking care of ME...
"Someday Ill tell the world what exactly happened, why it happened and what my life is like today.. but until Im ready to share that with people please stop prying and making up shit that you know nothing about," she wrote. "I still need space and time to heal.."
She wrapped up her message by thanking fans for their support.
"I'm so blessed I get to take this time to be with family, relax, work on my mind, body and soul and come back when I'm ready," she said. "I have my fans to thank for that. I'm so grateful, truly. I love you guys so f-----g much."
Lovato who had celebrated six years of sobriety in March was reportedly released from a rehab facility in early August, at which time she issued another statement via a since-deleted Instagram post thanking fans for their love and support and vowing to "keep fighting." The "Sorry Not Sorry" singer also wrote that she needed "time to heal and focus on my sobriety and road to recovery."
- 22.05.2019 Selena Gomez at Cannes 2019
- 22.05.2019 Here Are the Lyrics to Taylor Swift's 'ME!,'
- 22.05.2019 Why Gwyneth Paltrow Has Worked Hard'
- 20.05.2019 Netherlands wins Eurovision
- 22.05.2019 Julia Roberts Reveals Why Shes Never Watched Game of Thrones
- 22.05.2019 Elton John: 'Being a performer saved my life'
- 22.05.2019 Shakira and Carlos Vives beat plagiarism case
- 20.05.2019 Taylor Swift admits strange shower habit
- 19.05.2019 Sam Smith & Normani's 'Dancing With a Stranger' Hits No. 1
- 19.05.2019 Michael Jackson's Eldest Child Prince Graduates
- 15.05.2019 Taylor Swift Reacts to YouTubers' 'ME!'
- 19.05.2019 Unfinished Prince memoir gets publication date
- 15.05.2019 'Daisy Jones & the Six' goes behind the music
- 15.05.2019 P!nk and Stormzy Continue U.K. Chart Reigns
- 15.05.2019 Halsey Announces New Single 'Nightmare'
- 14.05.2019 Grandmaster Flash wins Polar Music Prize
- 14.05.2019 New releases from Amanda Palmer, Stella Donnelly
- 19.05.2019 Hozier talks about new album 'Wasteland, Baby!'
- 14.05.2019 Myspace loses 50 million songs
- 14.05.2019 Kanye West gets booed at Bonnaroo
Back to news