Megan Fox Thought She Wouldnt Be A Sympathetic Victim For #MeToo
"I dont want to say this about myself, but lets say that I was ahead of my time and so people werent able to understand.."
Megan Fox said she worried she wouldnt be seen as a sympathetic victim so she kept quiet about quite a few stories during the heat of the #MeToo movement.
I didnt speak out for many reasons. I just didnt think based on how Id been received by people, and by feminists, that I would be a sympathetic victim, the 32-year-old actress revealed to the New York Times in an article published Friday.
Fox said that she has "quite a few stories" she could have told as legions of women and men in Hollywood were inspired to come forward about their own experiences within the industry after accusations against Harvey Weinstein opened the floodgates in the fall of 2017.
Fox has previously opened up about uncomfortable moments in her career. In a 2009 interview with Wonderland magazine, she said she became frustrated with Transformers director Michael Bay when he directed her to "be hot" or to "be sexy" on set. In that same interview, Fox said that Bay "wants to be like Hitler on his sets," which drew controversy and overshadowed her comments about Bay's questionable directives.
Later that year, Fox said in an interview with Jimmy Kimmel that on the set of Bad Boys II, when she was only 15 years old, that Bay ordered her to dance under a waterfall while wearing a bikini and six-inch heels.
Because of how her comments were received nearly a decade ago, Fox said she was scared to be an active participant in today's cultural climate charged with female empowerment. She also suggested that her previous statements might have been "ahead of my time."
"I dont know if there will ever be a time where Im considered normal or relatable or likable."
- 18.02.2019 Emma Stone & Haim Recreated Spice Girls Video
- 18.02.2019 Maren Morris Holds Her Head High In New GIRL Video
- 26.01.2019 Missy Elliott, John Prine, Yusuf/Cat Stevens Among 2019 Songwriters
- 26.01.2019 Justin Timberlake Surprises Atlanta Crowd With T.I.
- 25.01.2019 Kelly Rowland Talks 2019 Album
- 14.01.2019 NFL Confirms Maroon 5, Travis Scott & Big Boi to Perform at Super Bowl
- 25.01.2019 Demi Lovato Responds to Rumors About Her Recovery
- 14.01.2019 GRLwood Serves Up Kentucky Fried Queer Punk
- 23.01.2019 Miley Cyrus Updated The Santa Baby Lyrics For The
- 14.01.2019 JoJo Re-Recorded Her Debut Album
- 14.01.2019 Nicki Minaj Is Being Compared To Lil Kim In New Vogue
- 09.01.2019 Two Beyoncé Albums Were Leaked On Spotify
- 23.01.2019 The Biggest Music Releases To Get Excited About In 2019
- 09.01.2019 Kathy Griffin Calls Out No Women Among Top-Paid Comedians
- 25.12.2018 Gwen Stefani heading to demo about concert stampede
- 25.12.2018 Jennifer Lopez understands Alex Rodriguez marriage speculation
- 25.12.2018 Megan Fox Thought She Wouldnt Be A Sympathetic Victim For #MeToo
- 25.12.2018 Please Dont Let Miley Cyrus Make Another Hip-Hop Album
- 23.12.2018 Taylor Swift and Joe Alwyn Might Get Engaged Soon
- 23.12.2018 Britney Spears Meets Nine Inch Nails On Betta Lemmes New Track
Back to news