Megan Fox Thought She Wouldnt Be A Sympathetic Victim For #MeToo
"I dont want to say this about myself, but lets say that I was ahead of my time and so people werent able to understand.."
Megan Fox said she worried she wouldnt be seen as a sympathetic victim so she kept quiet about quite a few stories during the heat of the #MeToo movement.
I didnt speak out for many reasons. I just didnt think based on how Id been received by people, and by feminists, that I would be a sympathetic victim, the 32-year-old actress revealed to the New York Times in an article published Friday.
Fox said that she has "quite a few stories" she could have told as legions of women and men in Hollywood were inspired to come forward about their own experiences within the industry after accusations against Harvey Weinstein opened the floodgates in the fall of 2017.
Fox has previously opened up about uncomfortable moments in her career. In a 2009 interview with Wonderland magazine, she said she became frustrated with Transformers director Michael Bay when he directed her to "be hot" or to "be sexy" on set. In that same interview, Fox said that Bay "wants to be like Hitler on his sets," which drew controversy and overshadowed her comments about Bay's questionable directives.
Later that year, Fox said in an interview with Jimmy Kimmel that on the set of Bad Boys II, when she was only 15 years old, that Bay ordered her to dance under a waterfall while wearing a bikini and six-inch heels.
Because of how her comments were received nearly a decade ago, Fox said she was scared to be an active participant in today's cultural climate charged with female empowerment. She also suggested that her previous statements might have been "ahead of my time."
"I dont know if there will ever be a time where Im considered normal or relatable or likable."
- 24.03.2019 MIGOS AND DJ MUSTARD TAKE OVER A WAREHOUSE
- 24.03.2019 SOMEONE ASKED BEBE REXHA TO COVER HER STRETCH MARKS
- 07.03.2019 Rita Ora channels Britney Spears as she shows downfall
- 28.02.2019 Ryan Adams guitarist Todd Wisenbacker
- 28.02.2019 Jenny Lewis is deeply troubled by Ryan Adams sexual misconduct allegations
- 07.03.2019 Red Hot Chili Peppers Flea entertains crowd with handstands
- 28.02.2019 Lady Gaga slept through Oscar nomination announcement
- 28.02.2019 Can We Please Talk About Katy Perry's Engagement Ring?
- 19.02.2019 Sam Smith Is Reclaiming His "Curves" And Fighting "The Fuck Back"
- 07.03.2019 Mariah Carey Thought The Chainsmokers Were One Direction
- 19.02.2019 Ciara's New Song "Greatest Love" Is Perfect And Really Personal
- 28.02.2019 Pornhub Released A Valentine's Day Album, And It's Not Great
- 07.03.2019 BLACKPINK Finally Has Tour Dates Across North America
- 18.02.2019 Emma Stone & Haim Recreated Spice Girls Video
- 18.02.2019 Maren Morris Holds Her Head High In New GIRL Video
- 28.02.2019 Teyana Taylors Ballroom Take On Cinderella
- 28.02.2019 Bebe Rexha Calls Out Designers
- 28.02.2019 Chris Brown Plans To Sue Rape Accuser For Defamation
- 26.01.2019 Missy Elliott, John Prine, Yusuf/Cat Stevens Among 2019 Songwriters
- 26.01.2019 Justin Timberlake Surprises Atlanta Crowd With T.I.
Back to news