Ariana Grande Honors A Simple, Beautiful Love On New Track Imagine
"I wanted to mix up the energy a lil bit as both of those themes are equally prevalent on the album / in my life rn."
Grande wrote of the track on Wednesday, I would say if Thank U, Next = acceptance Imagine = denial. Hope that makes sense. She continued in response to a fan, Kind of like pretending it never ended. Denial. But I look forward to you hearing it and having your own experience with it. You may take away something totally different and specific to your life! Love u.
Knew you were perfect after the first kiss / Took a deep breath like 'Oooh' / Feels like forever, baby, I never / Thought that it would be you / Tell me your secrets, all of the creep s--t / That's how I know it's true," the lyrics continue.
"A lot of this album mourns failed yet important, beautiful relationships in my life (as well as celebrates growth / exploring new independence)," Grande wrote on Instagram Stories. "But for those of you asking about 'Imagine': I would say if 'Thank U, Next' = acceptance... 'Imagine' = denial. Hope that makes sense."
Grande had revealed on Twitter on Thursday that her Thank U, Next album contains 13 tracks. The title song, which references her past relationships with the likes of the late Mac Miller and most recently, ex-fiancé Pete Davidson, dropped in early November. At the end of that month, she released a music video for it. The clip parodies four hit early '00s filmsMean Girls, Legally Blonde, Bring It On and 13 Going on 30.
Grande's Thank U, Next album, her fifth major record, is expected to be released next year.
"We're finalizing these mixes and arrangements now," Grande tweeted on Wednesday. "I'm very happy with all of it. Lots of strings so. You know me. My heart meltssss."
- 22.05.2019 Selena Gomez at Cannes 2019
- 22.05.2019 Here Are the Lyrics to Taylor Swift's 'ME!,'
- 22.05.2019 Why Gwyneth Paltrow Has Worked Hard'
- 20.05.2019 Netherlands wins Eurovision
- 22.05.2019 Julia Roberts Reveals Why Shes Never Watched Game of Thrones
- 22.05.2019 Elton John: 'Being a performer saved my life'
- 22.05.2019 Shakira and Carlos Vives beat plagiarism case
- 20.05.2019 Taylor Swift admits strange shower habit
- 19.05.2019 Sam Smith & Normani's 'Dancing With a Stranger' Hits No. 1
- 19.05.2019 Michael Jackson's Eldest Child Prince Graduates
- 15.05.2019 Taylor Swift Reacts to YouTubers' 'ME!'
- 19.05.2019 Unfinished Prince memoir gets publication date
- 15.05.2019 'Daisy Jones & the Six' goes behind the music
- 15.05.2019 P!nk and Stormzy Continue U.K. Chart Reigns
- 15.05.2019 Halsey Announces New Single 'Nightmare'
- 14.05.2019 Grandmaster Flash wins Polar Music Prize
- 14.05.2019 New releases from Amanda Palmer, Stella Donnelly
- 19.05.2019 Hozier talks about new album 'Wasteland, Baby!'
- 14.05.2019 Myspace loses 50 million songs
- 14.05.2019 Kanye West gets booed at Bonnaroo
Back to news