A Sit Down With DJ Alex Kenji
lessandro Bacci aka Alex Kenji, is an internationally renowned and respected DJ/producer with over 10 years experience of producing, DJing, and performing. As well as Alex Kenji, he has released records under host of pseudonyms including: Yoshie Chandler, Combo, Green Sugar, HouseLovers, D.L.D., Orange Love, Kaiko, Itchy Bit and many others.
"Ive never imagined one day my passion for music and that it would become a real job. I still think the best is yet to come."
Alex Kenji is just one of your pseudonyms that you have recorded under, Yoshie Chandler, Combo, Green Sugar how many in total was it the last time you counted?
I have no idea haha! For instance, myself and Manuel have just made a new project called Chuva Speaks Arab where we make chill-out, we have just released a track on Beatport called Airplanes. It was long time ago that I was not using an alias, those names you mentioned I used a long time ago, there is always a new name around the corner!
When did you realise that music was a passion of yours?
I think when I was 14 years old Since then I started learning how to play drums and the synthesizer. I wanted to be part of a band because in 1994 all the recording devices were really expensive and computers were as expensive as cars. However it didnt work out with bands, so in 1997 I switched to Hard Disk recordings.
Where do you get inspiration from when producing music?
Well as a studio owner sometimes it comes when I just switch on all the gear I have in my studio! I own an Arp 2600, Minimoog, EMS Synthi Aks, RSF Kobol and many other vintages and modern synths.
Tell us about your studio setup?
My studio setup is quite large. I have 2 DAWs but I mostly use one of them which is composed by Mac Pro with Logic pro,MOTU soundcard, UAD dspcard, TC electronics dspcard, tons of plugins, analog and modular synthesizers.
What do you think are your greatest qualities as a producer?
Im good at copying and pasting layers on my sequencer. I dont know really I think that people should be able to judge my qualities , not me.
If you could teach your younger self anything regarding music production, what would it be?
Actually nothing. All the songs you listen la younger self anything regarding music production, what would it be?belled under my name are 100% my products. I write, compose, edit, mix and master all the music I make. Ive spent many sleepless nights in the past years understanding how to produce, mix and master music. I love the journey and the experience.
- 22.05.2019 Selena Gomez at Cannes 2019
- 22.05.2019 Here Are the Lyrics to Taylor Swift's 'ME!,'
- 22.05.2019 Why Gwyneth Paltrow Has Worked Hard'
- 20.05.2019 Netherlands wins Eurovision
- 22.05.2019 Julia Roberts Reveals Why Shes Never Watched Game of Thrones
- 22.05.2019 Elton John: 'Being a performer saved my life'
- 22.05.2019 Shakira and Carlos Vives beat plagiarism case
- 20.05.2019 Taylor Swift admits strange shower habit
- 19.05.2019 Sam Smith & Normani's 'Dancing With a Stranger' Hits No. 1
- 19.05.2019 Michael Jackson's Eldest Child Prince Graduates
- 15.05.2019 Taylor Swift Reacts to YouTubers' 'ME!'
- 19.05.2019 Unfinished Prince memoir gets publication date
- 15.05.2019 'Daisy Jones & the Six' goes behind the music
- 15.05.2019 P!nk and Stormzy Continue U.K. Chart Reigns
- 15.05.2019 Halsey Announces New Single 'Nightmare'
- 14.05.2019 Grandmaster Flash wins Polar Music Prize
- 14.05.2019 New releases from Amanda Palmer, Stella Donnelly
- 19.05.2019 Hozier talks about new album 'Wasteland, Baby!'
- 14.05.2019 Myspace loses 50 million songs
- 14.05.2019 Kanye West gets booed at Bonnaroo
Back to news