A Sit Down With DJ Noisecontrollers
Noisecontrollers is a hard-dance act run by Bas Oskam. For nearly a decade, Noisecontrollers has been one of the leading acts in the Hardstyle genre hitting all major stages around the world. From an intense passion for music the producer behind Noisecontrollers, Bas Oskam, produces new music at convener belt pace. His success is built on his unusual talent for producing music with a creativity and passion that is incomparable to anything else.
"Producing good music requires a dedication that one can't bring up if he is not behind it."
How did you first get your start in dance music?
My first passion for electronic music started around age 4 while listening to a synthesizer compilation. My passion for EDM came around 14 when listening to a d-trance compilation with German Hard-trance. I loved the combination of synthesizers and dance music. It was also in that time I started making music on the computer. My biggest passion was born.
How would you describe your sound?
My sound is the result of my studio mixing, sound design and of course creative ideas/taste. All three will change and develop but nevertheless there is some kind of basis that is responsible for the sound. I cant describe it. You'll have to hear it I guess.
I know you enjoy a wide range of music away from dance music, who are more of the pop artists you enjoy listening to?
Really so many. In the end good music is good music. No matter what genre. Thats why I listen to all kinds of music from all kinds of artists.
There are more and more Hardstyle artists that experiment with artist of different genres. You probably have a lot of connections, so has this happened yet or will it ever happen?
I have something planned right now with a very big artist, its really one of the biggest! But that all happened very naturally and I cant say anything about it yet. If I have some kind of connection with someone things like this just happen and youll see what comes out of it.
Has your style evolved at all since you started making and playing music? What are some of your musical influences that your fans would be surprised to hear about?
Of course the style has changed, but that also goes for Hardstyle in general. Besides that the whole genre leveled up from a small underground sound to a mature sound. I have also developed as a producer over the years, which causes the music to change. As for the influences, I can be triggered by all kind of things - a good movie, different genres of music or a mood Im in.
Your tracks are well received. How do you distinguish yourself from others? Which releases can we expect in the coming months? Is there still surprising cooperation on the planning?
Last months we worked very hard in the studio. We have completed our new release on which no less than 4 tracks will be shown; "The Yellow Minute", "Sanctus", "Attack again" and "Revolution is here". We have chosen 4 tracks to make this vinyl as diverse as possible. A 4 tracker is quite unique for a Hardstyle release. The reactions are incredibly good. In addition, we did the Anthem for In Qontrol, a remix for Wildstylez and finally we went into the studio with Wildstylez and Headhunterz, which also includes a release in the planning.
What are your ambitions for the next 10 years? Is there something in particular you want to achieve?
To keep doing what we love the most producing music! To be honest, we are living our dream at the moment so if we can continue doing this, well sign up for it. We also have some great things planned in the future. I cant tell you what exactly, but we will very soon so stay tuned.
You are embarking on a US mini tour in February. How do you feel about touring alone?
It will be the first tour Ill do alone, which is a totally different experience. Ill miss Arjans company, but am highly motivated to bring the Noisecontrollers fans new music with the Noisecontrollers sound. Im really looking forward to it!
- 26.01.2019 Missy Elliott, John Prine, Yusuf/Cat Stevens Among 2019 Songwriters
- 26.01.2019 Justin Timberlake Surprises Atlanta Crowd With T.I.
- 25.01.2019 Kelly Rowland Talks 2019 Album
- 14.01.2019 NFL Confirms Maroon 5, Travis Scott & Big Boi to Perform at Super Bowl
- 25.01.2019 Demi Lovato Responds to Rumors About Her Recovery
- 14.01.2019 GRLwood Serves Up Kentucky Fried Queer Punk
- 23.01.2019 Miley Cyrus Updated The Santa Baby Lyrics For The
- 14.01.2019 JoJo Re-Recorded Her Debut Album
- 14.01.2019 Nicki Minaj Is Being Compared To Lil Kim In New Vogue
- 09.01.2019 Two Beyoncé Albums Were Leaked On Spotify
- 23.01.2019 The Biggest Music Releases To Get Excited About In 2019
- 09.01.2019 Kathy Griffin Calls Out No Women Among Top-Paid Comedians
- 25.12.2018 Gwen Stefani heading to demo about concert stampede
- 25.12.2018 Jennifer Lopez understands Alex Rodriguez marriage speculation
- 25.12.2018 Megan Fox Thought She Wouldnt Be A Sympathetic Victim For #MeToo
- 25.12.2018 Please Dont Let Miley Cyrus Make Another Hip-Hop Album
- 23.12.2018 Taylor Swift and Joe Alwyn Might Get Engaged Soon
- 23.12.2018 Britney Spears Meets Nine Inch Nails On Betta Lemmes New Track
- 23.12.2018 Ariana Grande Honors A Simple, Beautiful Love On New Track Imagine
- 14.12.2018 Women Dominated The 2019 Grammy Nominations
Back to news