A Sit Down With DJ Morgan Page
He was born Morgan Wolf Page in Burlington, Vermont. Morgan got his start early by interning while in grade school at German record label Plastic City. While attending Champlain Valley Union High School Morgan became a DJ on the University of Vermonts college radio station Wruv 90.1FM. Morgan attended Emerson College in Boston, MA.
Versatility remains the key to longevity. Any artist must be able to deliver regardless of the setting, whether its in the studio or on stage. For producer Morgan Page, it doesnt matter where he is. His number one concern is sharing quality music.
"I think the hardest part is that I think every song is going to be amazing and be a hit record. Sometimes that is not the case, and other times some songs have done better than I thought it would."
When did you first start DJing?
I first started DJing on college radio at the University of Vermont, while in high school. They didnt require you to be a student, so I started filling in for DJs that werent showing up for their slots.
Who or what is the most musically influenced to you? If so, why is that?
My biggest influence is probably a mix of various singer-songwriters, and Daft Punk. I like fusing together two different sounds that can complement each other well.
How did you get into being a DJ, being from an area famous for producing maple syrup and the band Phish?
The University of Vermont had a local DJ show, If I hadnt heard that on the radio I wouldnt be playing. We actually have a maple tree and a small ski lodge.
Do you do a lot of producing when youre touring, or do you tend to really work in the studio?
Pretty much I save it for when Im back with big speakers back in the studio. I do get to do some stuff on the road, but more like edits and mash-ups and the radio show.
With over a decade of performances, whats been your favorite or most memorable performance so far?
Playing Coachella was a big highlight also EDC and Burning Man. Ill never forget those shows. I really like festivals that have unique locations and arent just a parking lot outside a stadium.
Tell us about Dont Give Up. What is the message that youre putting across?
A big part of the song is about having the faith to keep pushing in a relationship and overcome those everyday obstacles you encounter. Every good relationship has its share of conflict and resolution.
- 24.03.2019 MIGOS AND DJ MUSTARD TAKE OVER A WAREHOUSE
- 24.03.2019 SOMEONE ASKED BEBE REXHA TO COVER HER STRETCH MARKS
- 07.03.2019 Rita Ora channels Britney Spears as she shows downfall
- 28.02.2019 Ryan Adams guitarist Todd Wisenbacker
- 28.02.2019 Jenny Lewis is deeply troubled by Ryan Adams sexual misconduct allegations
- 07.03.2019 Red Hot Chili Peppers Flea entertains crowd with handstands
- 28.02.2019 Lady Gaga slept through Oscar nomination announcement
- 28.02.2019 Can We Please Talk About Katy Perry's Engagement Ring?
- 19.02.2019 Sam Smith Is Reclaiming His "Curves" And Fighting "The Fuck Back"
- 07.03.2019 Mariah Carey Thought The Chainsmokers Were One Direction
- 19.02.2019 Ciara's New Song "Greatest Love" Is Perfect And Really Personal
- 28.02.2019 Pornhub Released A Valentine's Day Album, And It's Not Great
- 07.03.2019 BLACKPINK Finally Has Tour Dates Across North America
- 18.02.2019 Emma Stone & Haim Recreated Spice Girls Video
- 18.02.2019 Maren Morris Holds Her Head High In New GIRL Video
- 28.02.2019 Teyana Taylors Ballroom Take On Cinderella
- 28.02.2019 Bebe Rexha Calls Out Designers
- 28.02.2019 Chris Brown Plans To Sue Rape Accuser For Defamation
- 26.01.2019 Missy Elliott, John Prine, Yusuf/Cat Stevens Among 2019 Songwriters
- 26.01.2019 Justin Timberlake Surprises Atlanta Crowd With T.I.
Back to news