A Sit Down With DJ Merk & Kremont
Merk & Kremont need no introduction in the house music scene. Hailing from Italy, the boys have worked vigorously to establish themselves as a top talent in the dance music industry. Their signature groovy basslines and catchy melodies energize and captivate listeners worldwide! Tracks such as Get Get Down and their remix of Clean Bandits Rather Be have been streamed millions of times and are played at festivals all around the globe!
"We prefer to use real sounds in our productions!"
You are from Milan - the second-most populous city in Italy. What can you tell us about clubbing and nightlife there? Do you have any nightlife related suggestions for first-time visitors?
Milan is a very cool city right now, we have a lot clubs and a lot of emerging DJs/producers. If its your first time you definitely want to go to Fabrique.
How do you feel about club scene in the United States compared to the club scene in Italy?
It is different. We learned a lot from the US scene! You need to play with cuts and fast mixes. In Italy, this style of mixing is now getting popular and has been getting good reaction from all the crowds!
We know both of you originally produced your own records separately, how has combining forces helped you excel in this industry?
We come from different worlds: Merk is more from the more Electro side of House music and Kremont stems more from UK Deep House it actually did not take long to start collaborating since we both love and respect the kind of music that shows originality and refinement of the detailsour combination of styles really complement each other well which has resulted in great tunes!
Additionally, you guys have been making some great remixes, your remix of Years & Years King is one of our favorites; do you have any additional remixes in the works?
2015 for us was about remixes; we made five, ranging from the more happier sounds to the more experimental. Its a good opportunity to show your skills and to challenge yourself, we are happy with the outcome but for this year we are planning to give less space to remixes and to make more room to original mixes.
How was it to play Ultra Music Festival Miami for your first festival in the United States?
A dream come true! Since we started this journey in the music scene, playing at Ultra Music Festival was something we wished for! It was so much fun, we uploaded our set on Soundcloud and it has since got thousands of streams!
In January you produced the free download "41 Days". What's behind the title?
"41 Days" is a video that we have published to promote the track: In the video we show how we have produced the track in 41 days and explain in detail how the track was created.
What are some things you like to do in spare time when not making music?
We recently launched our own fashion brand, we have a new logo and the project is a mix between merchandise and an actual new clothing line. We've always been into fashion and this felt right, hopefully people will like it too.
We really like the Swedish House Mafia because according to us they are very cool both in making songs until every appearance is very remarkable.
What do you like to include in your sets? How do you cater for different scenes?
We love to experiment a lot with new tracks in our sets, we play at least three or four tracks every time and it is always nice to see the reactions. As we said, our sets are mostly based on tracks that feature lot of energy and intense grooves so thats what you should expect!
Do you manage to produce whilst on tour? How do you juggle the workload? It must be tiring!
It is indeed tiring to face the workload when you are touring (especially during summer), gigs take a lot of energy away. Even if it doesnt seem so, you have to stay healthy and fresh when you are making music.
- 19.02.2019 Sam Smith Is Reclaiming His "Curves" And Fighting "The Fuck Back"
- 19.02.2019 Ciara's New Song "Greatest Love" Is Perfect And Really Personal
- 18.02.2019 Emma Stone & Haim Recreated Spice Girls Video
- 18.02.2019 Maren Morris Holds Her Head High In New GIRL Video
- 26.01.2019 Missy Elliott, John Prine, Yusuf/Cat Stevens Among 2019 Songwriters
- 26.01.2019 Justin Timberlake Surprises Atlanta Crowd With T.I.
- 25.01.2019 Kelly Rowland Talks 2019 Album
- 14.01.2019 NFL Confirms Maroon 5, Travis Scott & Big Boi to Perform at Super Bowl
- 25.01.2019 Demi Lovato Responds to Rumors About Her Recovery
- 14.01.2019 GRLwood Serves Up Kentucky Fried Queer Punk
- 23.01.2019 Miley Cyrus Updated The Santa Baby Lyrics For The
- 14.01.2019 JoJo Re-Recorded Her Debut Album
- 14.01.2019 Nicki Minaj Is Being Compared To Lil Kim In New Vogue
- 09.01.2019 Two Beyoncé Albums Were Leaked On Spotify
- 23.01.2019 The Biggest Music Releases To Get Excited About In 2019
- 09.01.2019 Kathy Griffin Calls Out No Women Among Top-Paid Comedians
- 25.12.2018 Gwen Stefani heading to demo about concert stampede
- 25.12.2018 Jennifer Lopez understands Alex Rodriguez marriage speculation
- 25.12.2018 Megan Fox Thought She Wouldnt Be A Sympathetic Victim For #MeToo
- 25.12.2018 Please Dont Let Miley Cyrus Make Another Hip-Hop Album
Back to news