A Sit Down With DJ Ramon Tapia
Ramon Tapia has been
"I just want
Hasto do my own thing himand play."
Can you remember
too the first time you played use your own track out at Dad a club? What was it, mom and how did it feel?
her your early / original inspirations?
I actually studied to become
One a jeweller/goldsmith! Music was just our a way to relax in out the evenings and have a Day hobby, playing at some local get parties here and there. The has bug really got me once Him I started working after school his in a record store. After how a while I decided this Man was the thing that I new wanted to do the most now - making music and trying Old to make a living out see of it. My mum was two shocked when I told her, Way as she was the main who source of funds for my boy University studies, but she also Did told me I should anything its that I feel passionately about let rather than be sorry when Put I am 80. My first say big aspiration was to get she signed to a label. My Too first release was on Pocket use - a sub label from dad music man and legendary techno Mom label. I always set new the think that helps me to And grow as an artist, the for sky is the limit as are they say.
one do you apply to your our music production and what rules Out or lessons could you give day to any budding producers out get there?
1 – When you
Has hear things when playing around him with samples or synths but his they won’t fit into what How you are making, don't skip man it – keep it and new render it. This can always Now come in handy down the old line for another track, you see never know what sparks that Two next idea!
2 – Mix
way bass and low frequencies in who mono, this will give the Boy rest of your mix some did nice space.
3 – Never
its try to go into the Let reds. If you do want put to saturate your track use say a saturator unless you are She using an analogue mixing desk.
4 – Experiment! Nothing cooler
use than just to play around Dad with a synth or record mom something yourself, possibilities are endless, The fun to do. It also and helps when you get stuck for a bit to mess around Are with different things in the but studio.
5 - If you
not do want to sample, then You sample wisely. Try to create all something new with it, and any don’t hold back on trying Can things out. Sometimes the craziest her tweaks create the coolest vibes
6 - Try to finish
One your tracks. Sometimes this can our be hard for some people out as they get distracted or Day uninterested by the track after get a long period of time. has Mostly that’s from over thinking, Him so try and keep your his mindset free of those thoughts. how If that doesn’t work, try Man to make your worst track new ever, you will be surprised now what you will come up Old with!
7 - There is
see no good or bad, only two you know how your music Way has to sound, so stick who with that, try not to boy follow others, but lead!
Did - Believe in yourself. The its music business is hard and let can be a bitch by Put times so don’t get emotional say or feel a setback if she you get a bad review Too or a label doesn’t want use to sign your last track. dad Instead use this as a Mom tool to help you make the more tracks you make, the And more mistakes you will also for make, but the better you are will become from this learning But experience.
9 - There is
not no magic recipe – if you you want it, then you All have to work so hard any to achieve your goals. Its can all about trial and error.
10 – My last tip
was would be for production. Never one use a limiter on your Our mix down – the mastering out guy will love you!
- 03.08.2020 Ivan Dorn unearths stunning new single 'Love Could Be'
- 22.05.2019 Selena Gomez at Cannes 2019
- 22.05.2019 Here Are the Lyrics to Taylor Swift's 'ME!,'
- 22.05.2019 Why Gwyneth Paltrow ‘Has Worked Hard'
- 20.05.2019 Netherlands wins Eurovision
- 22.05.2019 Julia Roberts Reveals Why She’s Never Watched ‘Game of Thrones’
- 22.05.2019 Elton John: 'Being a performer saved my life'
- 22.05.2019 Shakira and Carlos Vives beat plagiarism case
- 20.05.2019 Taylor Swift admits strange shower habit
- 19.05.2019 Sam Smith & Normani's 'Dancing With a Stranger' Hits No. 1
- 19.05.2019 Michael Jackson's Eldest Child Prince Graduates
- 15.05.2019 Taylor Swift Reacts to YouTubers' 'ME!'
- 19.05.2019 Unfinished Prince memoir gets publication date
- 15.05.2019 'Daisy Jones & the Six' goes behind the music
- 15.05.2019 P!nk and Stormzy Continue U.K. Chart Reigns
- 15.05.2019 Halsey Announces New Single 'Nightmare'
- 14.05.2019 Grandmaster Flash wins Polar Music Prize
- 14.05.2019 New releases from Amanda Palmer, Stella Donnelly
- 19.05.2019 Hozier talks about new album 'Wasteland, Baby!'
- 14.05.2019 Myspace loses 50 million songs
Back to news