Deadmau5 helping Nokia's comeback
After a year, deadmau5 returns to promote Nokia's comeback effort. With the emergence of smartphones, Nokia's been struggling to cope in the market dominated by Apple and Samsung. They've been trying to change that with the Nokia Lumia series. The release of Lumia 800 was a success and largely because the most famous dead rodent jumped in to promote the launch with a huge show (check it out here).
This time, Nokia rigged every piece of surface in the Flat Iron Square in Southwark to make the architecture come alive as deadmau5 plays his set. Adam Johnson, Head of Consumer Marketing (UK & Ireland) at Nokia said: "We wanted to do something as innovative as our products to celebrate the launch of the new Nokia Lumia range. The show took its inspiration from the vibrant colours of the range. The Nokia Lumia 920 has extraordinary low light capabilities and we wanted to create an event that would showcase this fantastic feature and still show that our products stand out from the current sea of faceless black handsets".
deadmau5 said: "Playing Millbank Tower was an incredible experience, so it's great to be back in London to team up with Nokia again. The new show was a totally different concept from last year, but equally inspiring and technically challenging."
So Nokia released Lumia 920, a smartphone with Windows Phone 8 in hoping to achieve greatness on the ruthless smartphone market. At the same time deadmau5 got to show off and go home with pockets full of cash. We'll see if Nokia's comeback attempt is a success. Also, if deadmau5 reaches the Forbes 11,5 million dollar mark (although, in a recent interview he told he's about 9 millions short).
Check out some amateur footage of the show!
- 22.05.2019 Selena Gomez at Cannes 2019
- 22.05.2019 Here Are the Lyrics to Taylor Swift's 'ME!,'
- 22.05.2019 Why Gwyneth Paltrow Has Worked Hard'
- 20.05.2019 Netherlands wins Eurovision
- 22.05.2019 Julia Roberts Reveals Why Shes Never Watched Game of Thrones
- 22.05.2019 Elton John: 'Being a performer saved my life'
- 22.05.2019 Shakira and Carlos Vives beat plagiarism case
- 20.05.2019 Taylor Swift admits strange shower habit
- 19.05.2019 Sam Smith & Normani's 'Dancing With a Stranger' Hits No. 1
- 19.05.2019 Michael Jackson's Eldest Child Prince Graduates
- 15.05.2019 Taylor Swift Reacts to YouTubers' 'ME!'
- 19.05.2019 Unfinished Prince memoir gets publication date
- 15.05.2019 'Daisy Jones & the Six' goes behind the music
- 15.05.2019 P!nk and Stormzy Continue U.K. Chart Reigns
- 15.05.2019 Halsey Announces New Single 'Nightmare'
- 14.05.2019 Grandmaster Flash wins Polar Music Prize
- 14.05.2019 New releases from Amanda Palmer, Stella Donnelly
- 19.05.2019 Hozier talks about new album 'Wasteland, Baby!'
- 14.05.2019 Myspace loses 50 million songs
- 14.05.2019 Kanye West gets booed at Bonnaroo
Back to news