Best Headphones?

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: Best Headphones?Reply
Best Headphones?
Posted on: 03.09.2013 by Isela Retano
What are the best dj headphones for a price range of 50-75$ and they can be cheaper too!
Rolanda Clodfelder
Originally Posted by Balmain
Guys what should I get for
Anibal Hoormann
Rolanda Clodfelder
Anibal Hoormann
Rolanda Clodfelder
Anibal Hoormann
Anibal Hoormann
Originally Posted by deevey
well I saw this topic so I gave a shot on this thread without opening a new one/looking through bazilllion thread and for some of them a bit out of date, but thanks for your sharing.
Rolanda Clodfelder
Anibal Hoormann
Rolanda Clodfelder
Originally Posted by KarbonNY
What is the TMA's
AIAIAI's TMA-1 - lots of folk round here seem to love 'em
Isela Retano
I believe you'll be happy with the Sony's, Industry standard kit, and they will last freaking years if you need them too. As I mentioned though headphones are subjective items.

I tried the TMA's and while they sounded decent they (a) Fitted my head horribly - ears were cosy though (b) had possibly IMHO THE most uncomfortable headband in the universe.

There is no substitute for try before you buy. If I bought headphones based on the opinions of the internet I'd have 50 pairs of headphones that I genuinely did not like on my desk right now.

What is the TMA's and worst comes to worst i just return the headphones or sell them
Isela Retano
Originally Posted by dripstep
Save for 2 more weeks while you decide, and push that budget over 100$. Good headphones make all the difference in the world when mixing. If you can't though, i started on one of the Behringer HPX pairs, and liked them, but moved to aiaiais shortly after.
I know I was believeing that but I don't want to blow alot of money on headphones I bought those Sony ones but I am believeing about the v-moda ones, the only thing that held me back from getting them was the price and that a piece on it consistently broke otherwise the headphones style are crazy cool and the structure of them are great.
Isela Retano
Originally Posted by shr3dder
To be fair most headphones in that price range will be plastic and (more) prone to breakage. It's probably one of the biggest issues with cheaper headphones.
I know but that one i just posted the link to has supposedly a lot of metal supporting it.
Ara Tima
I really like the design and specs of those v-moda but that whole breaking thing isnt doing it for me supposedly they fixed the issue, anyone else know what anyother good headphones

To be fair most headphones in that price range will be plastic and (more) prone to breakage. It's probably one of the biggest issues with cheaper headphones.
Santos Lezcano
I have a pair ultrasone pros will probably get a pair of the dj versions soon
Anibal Hoormann
well I saw this topic so I gave a shot on this thread without opening a new one/looking through bazilllion thread and for some of them a bit out of date, but thanks for your sharing.
Rolanda Clodfelder
Anibal Hoormann
Rolanda Clodfelder
What is the TMA's
AIAIAI's TMA-1 - lots of folk round here seem to love 'em
Isela Retano
I believe you'll be happy with the Sony's, Industry standard kit, and they will last freaking years if you need them too. As I mentioned though headphones are subjective items.

I tried the TMA's and while they sounded decent they (a) Fitted my head horribly - ears were cosy though (b) had possibly IMHO THE most uncomfortable headband in the universe.

There is no substitute for try before you buy. If I bought headphones based on the opinions of the internet I'd have 50 pairs of headphones that I genuinely did not like on my desk right now.

What is the TMA's and worst comes to worst i just return the headphones or sell them
Rolanda Clodfelder

Save for 2 more weeks while you decide, and push that budget over 100$. Good headphones make all the difference in the world when mixing. If you can't though, i started on one of the Behringer HPX pairs, and liked them, but moved to aiaiais shortly after.

Isela Retano
Originally Posted by dripstep
I know I was believeing that but I don't want to blow alot of money on headphones I bought those Sony ones but I am believeing about the v-moda ones, the only thing that held me back from getting them was the price and that a piece on it consistently broke otherwise the headphones style are crazy cool and the structure of them are great.
Yong Aptekar
Romaine Zoretic
How about beats by dre ,Sensaihaier?
Rolanda Clodfelder
I'm just gonna chime in once more and say that NOTHING is a substitute for going to a headphone / hifi shop and testing as many pairs as you can - you dont have to buy them there but FFS try some first.

Ordering something as subjective as headphones based off the internet based on the opinions of others is about as silly as letting someone else deciding on what shoes you are going to wear every day or randomly picking what prescription glasses are right.

Virtually ANY (closed back) set of cans will allow you to DJ so long as they are loud enough that you can hear them over monitors, what it really boils down to is durability & comfort and if you intend using them for other purposes e.g. Mixdowns, mixing in your headphones, Mastering etc .. you need somthing reasonably flat so you can EQ properly.

And while myself (and thousands of others) love the sony's, bear this in mind....

• Everyones hearing is different
  • everyones head size is different
  • everyones frequency range is different
  • Everyones ear size is different

Theres also a TON of other threads started in the past few months asking almost exactly the same question, everyone has their own opinion on headphones and what their needs are.

My 2 cents
Giselle Giffels
Can anyone make a comment on the ATH-M50's in regards to using them to mix?
Isela Retano
The v-moda headphones price keeps going up every hour lol just my luck, believeing about getting the sonys
Isela Retano
Anyone else have a final opinion?
Latoria Kavulich
Senheiser HD-205's, brilliant for the price
Isela Retano
Originally Posted by shr3dder
I know but that one i just posted the link to has supposedly a lot of metal supporting it.
Ara Tima
I really like the design and specs of those v-moda but that whole breaking thing isnt doing it for me supposedly they fixed the issue, anyone else know what anyother good headphones

Isela Retano
Isela Retano
I have to make a decision, tough choices, they all look amazing.
Isela Retano
"Bump up to $90 and get some V-Moda Crossfade LPs: http://www.amazon.com/Crossfade-Over...ords=v-moda+lp"

i read reviews saying that that will break over time with the plastic, I am weary of buying those for that reason.
Douglass Yapo
Bump up to $90 and get some V-Moda Crossfade LPs: http://www.amazon.com/Crossfade-Over...ords=v-moda+lp
Hellen Mindrup
Originally Posted by calibre
Not sure how much they are anymore, but I got a pair of sennheiser hd280's after hearing how much people love them. And I love mine! I wanna say they're in the ~$80 range if you wouldn't mind stretching for them!
Vouch, I loved mine when I had them.
Lakeesha Storman
MDR 7506's are really nice. I recently ordered to replace some Pioneer HDJ 500's. Both have good sound, although I definitely prefer the MDR's, and the comfort of the MDR's blows the Pioneer's away. For $75, that's a helluva headphone.
Stella Raatz
Not sure how much they are anymore, but I got a pair of sennheiser hd280's after hearing how much people love them. And I love mine! I wanna say they're in the ~$80 range if you wouldn't mind stretching for them!
Hank Guidas
Stanton DJ-Pro 2000. I've had them for 3 years. Very solid and a nice sound for the price
Rolanda Clodfelder
$78 (if you can stretch the $3) just bought a new pair to replace my old 14yr old pair ... they LAST !

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR7506-P...&keywords=7506

Of course I got hit on sales tax though (grrr).

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy