Akai mpd18 or Akai lpd8 Need buying advice

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: Akai mpd18 or Akai lpd8 Need buying adviceReply
Akai mpd18 or Akai lpd8 Need buying advice
Posted on: 16.09.2013 by Illa Giesken
I intend to buy a pad controller to start DJing in Traktor Pro 2, finger drumming and/or sample launching in Ableton Live 9. I narrowed down my choices to the akai mpd18 and the akai lpd8 because they're both fairly cheap and are small enough to fit in my bag. I heard that the akai mpd18 has superior pads to the lpd8. But then again the lpd8 has 8 knobs but only 8 pads instead of the 16 that the mpd18 offers. I also realised that there are no existing mappings for the akai mpd18 on traktorbible but there seem to be some decent ones for the akai lpd8.
Illa Giesken
I intend to buy a pad controller to start DJing in Traktor Pro 2, finger drumming and/or sample launching in Ableton Live 9. I narrowed down my choices to the akai mpd18 and the akai lpd8 because they're both fairly cheap and are small enough to fit in my bag. I heard that the akai mpd18 has superior pads to the lpd8. But then again the lpd8 has 8 knobs but only 8 pads instead of the 16 that the mpd18 offers. I also realised that there are no existing mappings for the akai mpd18 on traktorbible but there seem to be some decent ones for the akai lpd8.
Illa Giesken
if anybody's wondering I took the lpd8, because it's about half the price, has led feedback, many traktor mappings already existing and 8 knobs

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy