Anyone know any sites for teardowns of controllers?

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: Anyone know any sites for teardowns of controllers?Reply
Anyone know any sites for teardowns of controllers?
Posted on: 22.09.2013 by Olimpia Briden
Hi All, I've just had a hercules dj control mp3 donated to me, the jog wheels feel pretty stiff, my mate who donated it said they've always been like that but I'd still like to see if it's just 6 or 7 years of crud build up.

So, does anyone know of any decent resources for taking these things apart? I know it's probably a handful of screws on the bottom but it's always good to read information before you dive into something.
Olimpia Briden
Hi All, I've just had a hercules dj control mp3 donated to me, the jog wheels feel pretty stiff, my mate who donated it said they've always been like that but I'd still like to see if it's just 6 or 7 years of crud build up.

So, does anyone know of any decent resources for taking these things apart? I know it's probably a handful of screws on the bottom but it's always good to read information before you dive into something.
Olimpia Briden
Thanks for the advice, generally, I would just take it apart but this was given to me for free for my son, I just want to clean it up and give it to him without breaking it if possible :-) I thought as it was a relatively popular unit that someone might have hacked one.

I do already own a mixtrack pro II and I'm building a midifighter classic, so no worries about a controller for myself.
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
just get out a screwdriver and start pulling it apart, jogs are usually attached to the main board with three screws. If you have trouble this putting things back together just take some photos before you remove anything. once you have everything apart blow the jog out with compressed air and put in a drop of fader lube which you can usually pick up at toy model shops pretty cheap. If you screw it up another herc rmx will only set you back a hundred or so dollars and there is definitely better controllers out there for two hundred. The reloop beatmix, stanton djc4, behringer CMD4-A or numark mixtrack pro come to mind as great value beginner controllers. I would go with the stanton personally as it has the best features and a 4 in 4 out soundcard just like the rmx although might be a little more money... but not much

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy