Djm-500

Djm-500
Posted on: 02.12.2010 by Dana Ordinario
I have been looking for a decent 3-4 Channel mixer. I would love to pick up a Pioneer 800 but don't have the money I will have about 300 in christmas bonus money and I recently found a DJM-500 on Amazon for about 400 bucks.

Do any of you own one? Would it be a good beginner mixer? I am a huge fan of Pioneer build quality and resale value. My other option is a DDM4000 which I would be happy with but call me a fan boy I love Pioneer products. SO what's your opinion should I get the DDM4000 or save a little more and get the DJM-500 or save a few more months and get a DJM-600? Thoughts?
Dana Ordinario
I have been looking for a decent 3-4 Channel mixer. I would love to pick up a Pioneer 800 but don't have the money I will have about 300 in christmas bonus money and I recently found a DJM-500 on Amazon for about 400 bucks.

Do any of you own one? Would it be a good beginner mixer? I am a huge fan of Pioneer build quality and resale value. My other option is a DDM4000 which I would be happy with but call me a fan boy I love Pioneer products. SO what's your opinion should I get the DDM4000 or save a little more and get the DJM-500 or save a few more months and get a DJM-600? Thoughts?
Petra Arra
there are only 2nd hand pioneers, vestax and behringers here. other than that, a lot of mix track pros.

Don't want to get numark mixers and A&H here are super expensive. Other brands I have to import and TAXES are crazy.
Hanna Ridenbaugh
Check out ecler mixers, can be found for similar prices as second hand pioneers. Great quality, sound and crossfader curve to.
Petra Arra
well, okay then. though the owner give it at $200 for the last price. still keeping my options open.
Augustine Mitzen
get a new djm 250 imo
Petra Arra
Sorry to bump this up. but I do not want to start a new thread and annoy a lot of you. I just found a djm 500 for $300. do you believe its worth 3 bills for a beginner like me? or should i get a djm 250 or dj tech dif-1s instead?
Shay Wyche
I have a Pioneer 500 mixer and I have done for many years. The only gripe I have is the fact that it only has 3 line inputs. This means if you want to control 4 decks then you might be struggling, depending on your set up. Otherwise it's a good bit of kit.

I've heard a few people say the sound isn't as good as some of the other pioneer products, but I've not had any issues with mine. Also it's not MIDI assignable.
Teresia Janusch
a cheap djm500 or 600 would probably do the job. not crossfader curve adjust on the 500 though
Kiyoko Wellisch
I dunno. A mixer with effects seems a bit pointless for anyone using controllers in my opinion. The software already has plenty and you have much better control over them.

I'd go for the Ecler nuo2 if you want 2 channels and another with a rotary and a 2 band EQ or the nuo3 if you prefer a full 3 deck mixer. No effects but the build is fantastic, the price is lower and the knobs are nice and chunky.
Cristian Carmona
pick up a djm-400 mixer, its a 3 ch. mixer, most people dont know this...but it has a AUX input.

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy