Traktor Pro 2 + Live Saxophone

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: Traktor Pro 2 + Live SaxophoneReply
Traktor Pro 2 + Live Saxophone
Posted on: 07.03.2013 by Trula Willadsen
For a party I've been asked to set up a DJ act with live saxophonist. I will do the dj'ing, but have never played with a live saxophonist. Sadly, I really can't find any info on whether or not this is easy to achieve with Traktor.

I have found THIS for basic information. It talks about how easy it is with DJM mixers, however I will be using a Pioneer DDJ-T1.

The general idea is that the sax tells me what songs he normally likes to play so music itself shouldn't be the problem. I'm just there to mix the songs through basically, I won't do much regarding fx for example.

What do I need to look for? Can he simply play over the mic input or should I route his music differently? Can anyone get me started a bit? Thanks a lot
Trula Willadsen
Originally Posted by MixiM
Please refer to common sense and good community practice. When you figured it out, please add the answer in here too. That way i wouldn't have to create a new thread or search further when I have the same issue =)
Pardon me! Here is the simple solution; make sure the live sax has a specific sax-microphone attached and plug that one in to the mic-in on the front or the aux-in on the back (single jack or rca left and right). In Traktor put deck C or D to Live Input mode.

Some extra tips; I keep effect bank 2 fully dedicated to the sax. Adding Reverb T3 will make it blend it more with the music and putting a Delay T3 over it once in a while sounds pretty awesome as well. Do figure out how it sounds in the crowd because with the sax near you you might get a wrong impression on the volume of your music compared to the volume of the sax.

Good luck!
Isa Erik
Please refer to common sense and good community practice. When you figured it out, please add the answer in here too. That way i wouldn't have to create a new thread or search further when I have the same issue =)
hey, if you're having a similar problem you can check out this article: http://www.digitaldjtips.com/2012/10...ive-musicians/

only thing they haven't mentioned is the hardware but that is pretty basic stuff.
Princess Creaven
Originally Posted by Student
Already figured it out. Can you lock this mod?

Trula Willadsen
For a party I've been asked to set up a DJ act with live saxophonist. I will do the dj'ing, but have never played with a live saxophonist. Sadly, I really can't find any info on whether or not this is easy to achieve with Traktor.

I have found THIS for basic information. It talks about how easy it is with DJM mixers, however I will be using a Pioneer DDJ-T1.

The general idea is that the sax tells me what songs he normally likes to play so music itself shouldn't be the problem. I'm just there to mix the songs through basically, I won't do much regarding fx for example.

What do I need to look for? Can he simply play over the mic input or should I route his music differently? Can anyone get me started a bit? Thanks a lot
Trula Willadsen
Pardon me! Here is the simple solution; make sure the live sax has a specific sax-microphone attached and plug that one in to the mic-in on the front or the aux-in on the back (single jack or rca left and right). In Traktor put deck C or D to Live Input mode.

Some extra tips; I keep effect bank 2 fully dedicated to the sax. Adding Reverb T3 will make it blend it more with the music and putting a Delay T3 over it once in a while sounds pretty awesome as well. Do figure out how it sounds in the crowd because with the sax near you you might get a wrong impression on the volume of your music compared to the volume of the sax.

Good luck!
Isa Erik
hey, if you're having a similar problem you can check out this article: http://www.digitaldjtips.com/2012/10...ive-musicians/

only thing they haven't mentioned is the hardware but that is pretty basic stuff.
Princess Creaven
Originally Posted by Student

Trula Willadsen

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy