New VOXOA M70 VDJ/TRAKTOR mixer worth taking a look at!

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: New VOXOA M70 VDJ/TRAKTOR mixer worth taking a look at!Reply
New VOXOA M70 VDJ/TRAKTOR mixer worth taking a look at!
Posted on: 09.07.2012 by Erlene Esquerra
hey lads and ladettes,

I'm DJ from New Zealand, and I'm living in China. I see a lot of really, really crap DJ gear on a daily basis... (no really... its really crap lol.)

BUT, once and a while I find some gems, Like the new M70.

I was buying some gear for the Skullcandy office when I came across the Voxoa brand. They are a company that operate out of HongKong, and they make OEM products for a bunch of other very popular European and USA brands that a lot of you already own.

I liked some of their up-and-coming projects and they seemed to be serious about making quality, serious pro gear.
They asked me to review some of the new gear and give them feedback, and I must say I will be looking forward to some great new stuff coming from these guys.
Their gear is aimed at the mid-market range... not cheap crap, not rip-off expensive, but quality, affordable and professional features and build.

So, the M70. Its a basic 2 channel mixer suitable for scratch DJ's.
The key thing is that it has a bunch of midi controls all over it (a bit like the Pio. DJM-T1) and can be used with Traktor pro or VDJ.

Great for us creative controllerists!

Anyway... they let me borrow this mixer for a few gigs and it was great to use. I recommend it! so I will post it here.
i don't want to give my demo unit back yet!.. but I am testing out their C60 traktor scratch controller/mixer next.

The downside! Oh yea... if you want to buy one they currently do not sell in stores on the US or UK due to their contracts with the other dj gear brands... however there are some popping up private sale on-line (ebay etc...)
If anyone is interested let me now .. I am considering taking advantage of my discounted price and selling a few my self... but only if you guys are keen to check them out.

http://www.voxoa-pro.com/products.ph...kind=12&pid=78
Kristofer Krauel
Originally Posted by blindmosquito
Standard Innofader works like a charm. Showin off my DIY cue point controller aswell. Used to be a Nanokontrol2. Attachment 16208
Are they VOXOA turntables as well?
Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50
Hmm. For some reason I always see controllers and mixers marketed in terms of stereo output, not mono.

http://www.amazon.com/Denon-MC3000-P.../dp/B006T3HGAO

2 out, although they do say stereo and 4 channel mixer.

Learn something new every day.
http://www.amazon.com/Hercules-DJ-47...Hercules+RMX+2

Built-in Audio Interface With Specialized DJing Audio Features

As an expert in the design of audio interfaces, Hercules determined that the integration of an audio interface featuring 4 inputs and 4 outputs on the Hercules DJConsole RMX 2 was both obvious and essential. The RMX 2 offers 2 balanced XLR outs and 2 RCA outputs. 4 RCA inputs allow you to mix 2-channel audio from two separate sources.
http://www.native-instruments.com/en...aktor-audio-6/

Get ready to unleash the full sonic potential of your tracks with TRAKTOR AUDIO 6, the high-gain audio interface for DJs who demand premium sound quality and extra-loud output. TRAKTOR AUDIO 6 boasts six inputs and six outputs and is destined to be the centerpiece of your live or studio setup.
It's a pretty common convention these days, at least in the DJ world anyway
Doreen Schurle
I thought they're always counted as stereo pairs?
Nope, a 2x Stereo output audio interface is usually called a 4-out, not a 2-out.
Gaynell Rydberg
Originally Posted by mdcdesign
Holy shit... they don't make it obvious in the specs, but it looks like it's got a 4-in/4-out audio interface built into it. Says 2 in 2 out on their site, but they're counting them as stereo pairs :O
Diogo Dj Dragão
IMO they are a dj company through opportunity not history so no their not in the league of vestax, numark/akai and the others I mentioned, but they still make damn fine products now, although their first generation of gear is pretty bad.
They have TONS of history making DJ gear, including products for the brands you mentioned. 3 or 4 factories make 80% of ALL of the DJ gear you're likely to run across.
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
IMO they are a dj company through opportunity not history so no their not in the league of vestax, numark/akai and the others I mentioned, but they still make damn fine products now, although their first generation of gear is pretty bad. Some of the current generation is

reloop TM2/4, contour, Jockey 3
stanton djc4 OEM of the C50
DJ Tech Dragon Two
VOXOA C50/60
ZOMO MC-1000
Alphonso Deitchman
They are still a big brand that does not use Hanpin, I did originally word it as "high-end" but changed it to include NI.

Are they making the Terminal Mix controllers for Reloop then? I can't believe of any other high quality products they might be manufacturing.
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
They manufacture gear for reloop, stanton and dj tech.. all of their newer generations of controllers are of a very high quality. I don't know why you have grouped N.I. in with Denon, Pioneer and Allen & Heath. I would put NI's gear well below hanpin's products, only above the mixtrack and other cheap plastic controllers.
Alphonso Deitchman
Other than their turntables, are there any other "high quality" products they put out?

And as far as I know, they don't manufacture gear for the big DJ brands like Denon, Pioneer, A+H, NI etc.
Diogo Dj Dragão
VOXOA is the "house brand" for the Hanpin Electron company based in Taiwan. Hanpin makes gear for most of the DJ brands out there. Their SuperOEM turntables are well known, and their products are generally of high quality. Definitely my favorite OEM/ODM from a quality and pedigree standpoint.
Kathyrn Struzik
do you know what brands they producing OEM products for?

I work for the Thai distributors of Rane and Serato...
VOXOA have contacted us about distributing the brand out here.... i'm very interested in the m70 and the T80 turntable..
Dortha Kenowski
Turntables are hd4.5 , The mixer kicks ass , Like a mixer with a Kontrol X1 built in and 4 channel sound card as well with a DVS switch aswell.
Roselyn Farkash
Where is the best place is the USA to get the M70? what is the warranty and how would I get service if needed (since I am in the USA). Also, are there any videos on this mixer? I could not find much...

Thanks ....
Kristofer Krauel
Standard Innofader works like a charm. Showin off my DIY cue point controller aswell. Used to be a Nanokontrol2. Attachment 16208
Are they VOXOA turntables as well?
Doreen Schurle
Hmm. For some reason I always see controllers and mixers marketed in terms of stereo output, not mono.

http://www.amazon.com/Hercules-DJ-47...Hercules+RMX+2

Built-in Audio Interface With Specialized DJing Audio Features

As an expert in the design of audio interfaces, Hercules determined that the integration of an audio interface featuring 4 inputs and 4 outputs on the Hercules DJConsole RMX 2 was both obvious and essential. The RMX 2 offers 2 balanced XLR outs and 2 RCA outputs. 4 RCA inputs allow you to mix 2-channel audio from two separate sources.
http://www.native-instruments.com/en...aktor-audio-6/

Get ready to unleash the full sonic potential of your tracks with TRAKTOR AUDIO 6, the high-gain audio interface for DJs who demand premium sound quality and extra-loud output. TRAKTOR AUDIO 6 boasts six inputs and six outputs and is destined to be the centerpiece of your live or studio setup.
It's a pretty common convention these days, at least in the DJ world anyway
Gaynell Rydberg

Doreen Schurle
Nope, a 2x Stereo output audio interface is usually called a 4-out, not a 2-out.
Gaynell Rydberg
Originally Posted by mdcdesign
Holy shit... they don't make it obvious in the specs, but it looks like it's got a 4-in/4-out audio interface built into it. Says 2 in 2 out on their site, but they're counting them as stereo pairs :O
Jordon Atterholt
Saw this over at DJF,gotta say,looks pretty damn nice.There are some reviews up on youtube too,checked them aswell.Can i get one in Europe?
Doreen Schurle
Ralph Alderette
Standard Innofader works like a charm. Showin off my DIY cue point controller aswell. Used to be a Nanokontrol2.
Dude. Do a mini review!
Can the filters be used on external inputs, or is it a MIDI control only? How do they sound?
Dortha Kenowski
Standard Innofader works like a charm. Showin off my DIY cue point controller aswell. Used to be a Nanokontrol2.
Xenia Gorin
Man as soon as I can sell this Stanton DJC.4 I'm placing my order!!
Erlene Esquerra
Actually mapping in Traktor is pretty easy, and you can really get carried away personalizing with it,
however Serato mapping is not so kind.
I have been try to get DELETE HOTCUE working but nothing seems to work... i believe serato deliberately have disabled it for 'other' controllers. Have found some info on how to get around it but nothing seems to work.
We have the M70 setup with Serato in our lounge, with the old technics, and it would be nice to have this feature so the laptop keyboard/mousepad would be redundant.

I also find the ASIO drivers vary a lot with latency from PC to PC (with Traktor and M70 ASIO). My i5 Acer gets a shabby 20+ ms, while my older gateway runs as low as 12. The frankenstein desktop I have does as low as 8ms without lagging.

Anyway - the new INNOFADER is coming.. can't wait to try this out in the M70. Also got one coming for the C60 as well... working on a MINI INNOFADER for it.
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by Nimbus
Wish I was better at mapping my self.. trying to get creative with the sample decks on Traktor using all the cue/sample buttons & fx knobs. (there goes another day or 3 of tinkering!)..
Mapping sample decks is pretty simple. Try visiting mapping community and post your questions there or PM me.
Erlene Esquerra
Well I decided to make myself useful while im stuck over-seas. I set up a small voxoa product based store on line. I need help finding a warehouse though.. in case any of you guys know any importers/exporters that deal with dj gear?
Brunilda Kora
This has got my attention big time...
Erlene Esquerra
Wish I was better at mapping my self.. trying to get creative with the sample decks on Traktor using all the cue/sample buttons & fx knobs. (there goes another day or 3 of tinkering!)..

I wish Ean would let me send him one for a couple of weeks!
Kenya Zaretsky
i really like the concept of this controller/mixer.
Kellie Myrum
Really nice! Both units are equipped with large amount of controls, creative mappings will love it. I like C60's double 4x4 button grid, it's badass controller.
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
Yeah I have the American Audio version, same motor but it's phono unlike the stanton st150 and the reloop ones.

I have never used or know of anyone using a real hanpin mixer, is the eq nice? any specs on the frequency bands and do the eq knobs also transmit midi aswell? I'd read the manual but don't have adobe reader on my tablet
Erlene Esquerra
The cross-fader is pretty loose.. it bounces back half way when you flick it across. Its replaceable also. The curve control is a dial so you can get it just right.

I am extremely happy with the C60 I have been using as well. Not to mention the turntables they do that are the first turntables I have enjoyed using since technics. (same as reloops tt's). All-in-all I hope they have plans for releasing their gear globally.
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
Yeah I really like the feel of hanpin's current gear that reloop sell, the C70 also looks much better than stantons version although the online price from Asia to Australia was almost double just to get prettier leds lol, I assume the QC and parts will be better on their own branded gear if they are wanting to hit the world market, not that there is anything wrong with the dj3 or contour.

Has this got the nice loose crossfader from the digital jockey 3?
Erlene Esquerra
I get the impression from them that they are intending to establish some pro gear under their own brand. They are already very popular across asia in just their first year using the brand VOXOA.
The M70 is the perfect unit to launch this idea, its really a serious piece of kit.
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
If I had the cash I'd buy that without a doubt to sit between my tables for VDJ Pro. Are they looking at selling it to stanton or reloop at all in the future? What price point are they/you looking at?
Erlene Esquerra
Well im just working out shipping to NZ, but i guess the shipping to USA/UK would be similar.

We're looking at around $500-$600 including shipping.. maybe I can get lower shipping (nearly $100).

Thats USD price
Erlene Esquerra
Well im just working out shipping to NZ, but i guess the shipping to USA/UK would be similar.

We're looking at around $500-$600 including shipping.. maybe I can get lower shipping (nearly $100).
Johnetta Olewine
what price are they?

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy