VCI-400 vs Xone 4D

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: VCI-400 vs Xone 4DReply
VCI-400 vs Xone 4D
Posted on: 15.09.2013 by Rudolph Biland
Hey everyone,

Longtime lurker around here at DJ TT. I was wondering what controller to get next and I've narrowed it down to the Vestax VCI 400 and the Xone 4D. The Pioneer DDJ-SX was excellent, having owned one for a bit, but it was simply too large and thus I found that I wasn't using it as often as I'd like. I was wondering if any of you had input on these two devices. Features that I value highly include rock-solid construction, sound quality (very impartial to true analog hardware), moderate footprint, and programmability. I will be using this with Traktor, and I mainly play techno, trance, electrohouse, and mainstream EDM, so scratching isn't something I'm looking for.

Thanks so much for your input!
Armando Waithour
When you only use Traktor, why buy a complete mixer with midi as add on?

The 4D is excellent, no question. And when you have turntables, cdjs, etc and want to hook them up into your setup then buy the 4D.
But when you only use traktor then go for the VCI! You can also line in limited audio sources. It
Armando Waithour

The 4D is excellent, no question. And when you have turntables, cdjs, etc and want to hook them up into your setup then buy the 4D.
But when you only use traktor then go for the VCI! You can also line in limited audio sources. It
Armando Waithour

Armando Waithour

Armando Waithour

Armando Waithour

Armando Waithour

Armando Waithour

Armando Waithour

Armando Waithour

Armando Waithour

Armando Waithour

Armando Waithour

Armando Waithour

Rudolph Biland
Hey everyone,

Longtime lurker around here at DJ TT. I was wondering what controller to get next and I've narrowed it down to the Vestax VCI 400 and the Xone 4D. The Pioneer DDJ-SX was excellent, having owned one for a bit, but it was simply too large and thus I found that I wasn't using it as often as I'd like. I was wondering if any of you had input on these two devices. Features that I value highly include rock-solid construction, sound quality (very impartial to true analog hardware), moderate footprint, and programmability. I will be using this with Traktor, and I mainly play techno, trance, electrohouse, and mainstream EDM, so scratching isn't something I'm looking for.

Thanks so much for your input!
Delena Katherman
I have a DB2 with an X1 and F1, and two Technics 1200s with DVS. It is an AMAZING setup and I highly recommend it. I have access to Traktor's effects via the F1, plus the effects on the DB2 (which I find to be more smooth and subtle, in general, so they complement each other well).

You'll love the option to use the 1200s, but the pair of X1s won't let you down with the DB2.
Rudolph Biland
After further research, another possibility has also emerged:

Does anyone have any thoughts on using two X1 Mk2's for 4 deck control and an Allen and Heath DB2 for mixing? I figure the DB2 is a little more up to date than the 4D, and the X1s should provide seamless integration with controlling Traktor. I found myself really not NEEDING jogwheels and I found the needlesearch function immensely useful. I'd hope to get CDJ's down the line one day, but that's not happening any time soon. I do have some Technics 1200s that I occasionally also play with on occasion, so having a physical mixer would be useful. However, my main rig would still be the X1s and the DB2 in this case. Would this combination work?
Armando Waithour

Vito Chesnut
I love my VCI 400, haven't played with the other one, but I have yet to find one thing bad about the VCI.
Nga Mcquarter
If size matters, the 4D is bigger than the DDJ-SX, however it has better sound options and mixer features, whereas the VCI is just a controller. If you NEED jogwheels, VCI all the way. But my weapon of choice would be the 4D, it's a beast combo between controller and mixer and has a lot of controls, for instance, if you want to use for example remix decks the Xone would be epic for that purpose. It also has FX send/return, MIDI in/out... It's way more complete (but way more expensive xD). The VCI is also epic in the 4deck controller market, one of the best there if not the best. The pads have 4 modes (just like the Pioneer) and jogs and knobs and faders feel awesome. Just choose your path carefully!

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy