Kontrol S4 mk2 -new features walkthrough

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: Kontrol S4 mk2 -new features walkthroughReply
Kontrol S4 mk2 -new features walkthrough
Posted on: 03.10.2013 by Larita Smaga
I got my hands on a Traktor Kontrol S4 mk2 for a few hours, and took a look at the new hardware features. A more detailed walkthrough of the S2 mk2 coming soon!

Many Farnsley
Originally Posted by MBHaakonsson
Great video, but this has made me more confused, should i upgrade to a S4 mk2 or should i get myself a Z2 and some turntables instead?
I have my S4 mk1 for sale and there has been some guys interested in it, but i'm also believeing of just keeping my old S4.
If i am going to upgrade to a S4 mk2, it's going to cost me 1800 dkk (danish krone) and for a Z2 its going to cost me 4000 dkk. I am really lost, and want to keep my budget down, so can someone please give my a second opinion or and some good advisees?
Not sure why anyone would upgrade to the s4 mk2 if you have the s4 mk1 unless you intend on using it with an ipad. Other then that I would be content with your old s4 if i were you.
Many Farnsley
Originally Posted by Mojaxx
Thanks for watching the video guys, sorry I haven't responded before.

makar1 has got it right, the pots are still plastic.

I was under the impression they'd been upgraded, but that might be wrong then.

My S2 mk2 arrives today so I'll be looking much more closely at that.

One thing is pretty clear, unless you're crazy about the iOS stuff, it would seem that this one is not a massively compelling upgrade if you own the first gen model. But a worthy investment if you don't.
So with that being said If I am probably not going to be djn with a ipad anytime soon, would the s4 mk2 even be worth it at all? Or would just picking up the s4 mk1 for like half the price make more sense for me. I am pretty torn..
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by dfinch805
The rotary pots are metal now

don't know how to make the pic bigger because i never really post pictures, but here is an iphone pic nonetheless.

IMG_2723.jpg
Thanks for reply.

My question was addressed to rotary pots (EQ, FX) and not rotary encoders

I believe the encoders are metal in S4 mkI too. Probably same as for an X1.
Michell Wehrmeyer
Originally Posted by Stewe
Nice vid man. Can you please let me know what material are rotary pots build out? I really wish they have moved from plastic

don't know how to make the pic bigger because i never really post pictures, but here is an iphone pic nonetheless.

IMG_2723.jpg
Michell Wehrmeyer
Originally Posted by eggy
Thanks for the vid. Do you believe the mk2 is worth it to buy over the first gen??
I picked one up today and I believe if you have a first gen already, there isn't a reason to upgrade. But the buttons feel a lot better, the jogs feel better, sound quality and max volume output are improved, among other small things. If you are looking at buying an s4 and deciding between a mk1 or mk2, I would put the mk2 as worth it assuming you aren't on a super tight budget.
Larita Smaga
I got my hands on a Traktor Kontrol S4 mk2 for a few hours, and took a look at the new hardware features. A more detailed walkthrough of the S2 mk2 coming soon!

Many Farnsley
Originally Posted by MBHaakonsson
Great video, but this has made me more confused, should i upgrade to a S4 mk2 or should i get myself a Z2 and some turntables instead?
I have my S4 mk1 for sale and there has been some guys interested in it, but i'm also believeing of just keeping my old S4.
If i am going to upgrade to a S4 mk2, it's going to cost me 1800 dkk (danish krone) and for a Z2 its going to cost me 4000 dkk. I am really lost, and want to keep my budget down, so can someone please give my a second opinion or and some good advisees?
Not sure why anyone would upgrade to the s4 mk2 if you have the s4 mk1 unless you intend on using it with an ipad. Other then that I would be content with your old s4 if i were you.
Pandora Viviano
Many Farnsley
Originally Posted by Mojaxx

One thing is pretty clear, unless you're crazy about the iOS stuff, it would seem that this one is not a massively compelling upgrade if you own the first gen model. But a worthy investment if you don't.
So with that being said If I am probably not going to be djn with a ipad anytime soon, would the s4 mk2 even be worth it at all? Or would just picking up the s4 mk1 for like half the price make more sense for me. I am pretty torn..
Larita Smaga

Alphonso Deitchman
The encoders have always been metal, just checked my X1 Mk1 too. I assume the pots will be plastic as before or they would have advertised it as a new "feature".
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by dfinch805

IMG_2723.jpg
Thanks for reply.

My question was addressed to rotary pots (EQ, FX) and not rotary encoders

I believe the encoders are metal in S4 mkI too. Probably same as for an X1.
Michell Wehrmeyer
Originally Posted by Stewe
Nice vid man. Can you please let me know what material are rotary pots build out? I really wish they have moved from plastic

IMG_2723.jpg
Michell Wehrmeyer
Originally Posted by eggy
Thanks for the vid. Do you believe the mk2 is worth it to buy over the first gen??
I picked one up today and I believe if you have a first gen already, there isn't a reason to upgrade. But the buttons feel a lot better, the jogs feel better, sound quality and max volume output are improved, among other small things. If you are looking at buying an s4 and deciding between a mk1 or mk2, I would put the mk2 as worth it assuming you aren't on a super tight budget.
Kellie Myrum
Ryan Raczek

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy