Kontrol S4 Mk2 + MF3D or DDJ-SX

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: Kontrol S4 Mk2 + MF3D or DDJ-SXReply
Kontrol S4 Mk2 + MF3D or DDJ-SX
Posted on: 21.10.2013 by Maranda Kite
Hi,

I am looking to upgrade my set-up and have been exploring 2 options, a Traktor Kontrol S4 MK2 with a MidiFighter 3D or a DDJ-SX.
I don't mind about software as I have used Traktor Pro 2 and Serato DJ and liked them both.
I would like to find out peoples general opinions on what would be better as I am in a bit of a predicament.

Thanks,
DJ Foo
Maranda Kite
Hi,

I am looking to upgrade my set-up and have been exploring 2 options, a Traktor Kontrol S4 MK2 with a MidiFighter 3D or a DDJ-SX.
I don't mind about software as I have used Traktor Pro 2 and Serato DJ and liked them both.
I would like to find out peoples general opinions on what would be better as I am in a bit of a predicament.

Thanks,
DJ Foo
Federico Vilas
S4 has DVS capabilities SSX does not
Maranda Kite
Hey,
I went to the shop to try the out and I believe I will choose the S4. Until your post I hadn't thought much about portability and when in the shop I realised the SX is quite big.
Thanks,
DJ Foo
Maranda Kite
I went to a shop to try them out and I believe I will choose the S4 as I hadn't really though about portability and the DDJ-SX is quite big.
So thanks for that
DJ Foo
Petra Arra
Try them both out. feel what it is right for you.

The only points for me on the s4 over the sx is that the s4 is lighter and comes with compatibility with traktor dj for ipad/iphone.
though you said that you like both software, of which do you see yourself playing the most?

s4 mk2 for traktor
sx for serato

There are mappings for each, i know, but if you do not dabble in mappings like I am, my choice will be solely based on the software I will use

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy