Pioneer RMX-1000

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: Pioneer RMX-1000Reply
Pioneer RMX-1000
Posted on: 03.05.2012 by Yon Gigler
So I finally go my hands on the RMX-1000 yesterday. Only had a quick play around with it and already very impressed with what it's capable of.

Yon Gigler
Originally Posted by dwdbmills
Dude! Great video, much better than 90% of review videos out there on any product. Sure it was hard to hear you, but you showed every aspect of the RMX and I like that you actually used the effects instead of just flipping them on and off real quick.
Thank you. Yeah it was quite rushed and never had time to re-do it so thought it was better just to upload in the meantime. If no others come out soon I will do it again but this time fix the camera and audio.
Carlee Newhoff
Originally Posted by hesitant
I uploaded a short video demonstrating some of the features of the RMX if you want to check it out. It's not the best but will hopefully give you an idea of some of the things it can do.
Dude! Great video, much better than 90% of review videos out there on any product. Sure it was hard to hear you, but you showed every aspect of the RMX and I like that you actually used the effects instead of just flipping them on and off real quick.
Yon Gigler
Originally Posted by Liambo
Does the RMX come with some sort of stand?
It doesn't come supplied with a stand. I made my own so it fits perfect. It's still not finished as I haven't had time but does for now:

Carlee Newhoff
Originally Posted by stevenjames
Currently writing a review -in-depth of this unit and will post once done. Keep your eyes peeled!
Awesome, will it include any video or sound? The clips from the ean golden review didn't quite do it for me. Of course I would like to try it out, but until then I'd like to see some more video.
Yon Gigler
Originally Posted by deevey
Wondering can you control the VST + Live Effects simultaneously without rebooting the unit so I could in theory:

1. Control the VST within channels in Ableton
2. Control a Master Effects S/R using the hardware though a sound card.

Also how taxing is the VST on CPU ?
I'm unsure of this at the moment. I will try out using Ableton tomorrow and let you know.
Brock Ricapito
Originally Posted by AtgAni
So how does it work? Your master output from the mixer goes into the Rmx and then output form that goes to the speakers? I've seen it plugged into a computer, is that just to set it up with effects you want?
when you plug it into a computer via USB you can have it control a RMX 1000 VST, to recreate exactly what the hardware does in the software, and to record the modulation.
Joesph Kasian
So how does it work? Your master output from the mixer goes into the Rmx and then output form that goes to the speakers? I've seen it plugged into a computer, is that just to set it up with effects you want?
No. It goes into send/return and you turn that on through the Pioneer's FX section.
Yon Gigler
So I finally go my hands on the RMX-1000 yesterday. Only had a quick play around with it and already very impressed with what it's capable of.

Juliann Kemnetz
Thanks for posting such a great tutorial vid!

Has helped me loads watching this while at work. Now I wanna get home and play with my new toy
Yon Gigler
Originally Posted by dwdbmills
Thank you. Yeah it was quite rushed and never had time to re-do it so thought it was better just to upload in the meantime. If no others come out soon I will do it again but this time fix the camera and audio.
Carlee Newhoff
Originally Posted by hesitant
I uploaded a short video demonstrating some of the features of the RMX if you want to check it out. It's not the best but will hopefully give you an idea of some of the things it can do.
Yon Gigler
Originally Posted by Liambo
It doesn't come supplied with a stand. I made my own so it fits perfect. It's still not finished as I haven't had time but does for now:

Yon Gigler

Palma Hanslip
Carlee Newhoff
Originally Posted by stevenjames
Currently writing a review -in-depth of this unit and will post once done. Keep your eyes peeled!
Awesome, will it include any video or sound? The clips from the ean golden review didn't quite do it for me. Of course I would like to try it out, but until then I'd like to see some more video.
Lu Wubbenhorst
Yon Gigler
Originally Posted by deevey
Wondering can you control the VST + Live Effects simultaneously without rebooting the unit so I could in theory:

I'm unsure of this at the moment. I will try out using Ableton tomorrow and let you know.
Yon Gigler
To be honest it's a bit early to tell. At the moment I'm mainly using the effects on the RMX but that may, mainly be down to understanding what everything does. I have the DJM900 and I will probably use the colour effects alongside the RMX. As for the main effects section I'll probably hardly use now. Might be a different story in a few weeks once I've got the hang of the RMX though.
Carlee Newhoff
Do you believe the RMX would do well as being the only source of effects, or are there effects the mixer provides that you still use with the RMX?
Rolanda Clodfelder

Brock Ricapito
when you plug it into a computer via USB you can have it control a RMX 1000 VST, to recreate exactly what the hardware does in the software, and to record the modulation.
Joesph Kasian
No. It goes into send/return and you turn that on through the Pioneer's FX section.
Khadijah Bucker
Kecia Wnukowski
I'm officially jealous (cool for you anyway, that's not really jealousy. Mmmh, well, no actually it is). I'd like to get one.

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy