DB2 with K2, X1 or PL-1?

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: DB2 with K2, X1 or PL-1?Reply
DB2 with K2, X1 or PL-1?
Posted on: 16.10.2013 by Horacio Stranathan
Really having a hard time deciding. So many different options on each piece to accompany my DB2.

K2 - X-link and pages of midi (which I probably won't use)
X1 - All around great traktor controller for any mixer (no jog wheels)
PL-1 - Jog wheels and fantastic price

Anyone have any input on these devices from real world use, suggestions and recommendations?
Horacio Stranathan
Originally Posted by darkstuff
i know it's off topic but does anyon erecommend a bag for a db2 and x'1s?
I found this:

505_1.jpg
http://www.zomo.de/en/Products/Bags/...-12-Mixer.html
Horacio Stranathan
I still have my bag from my old S4 that I sold. I might try that. I also found a really nice case that ZOMO makes for a 12" mixer with room for their MC-1000, pretty sick!

490_0.jpg

I am guessing the DJM-800 and DB2 are very similar in size.
Horacio Stranathan
Really having a hard time deciding. So many different options on each piece to accompany my DB2.

K2 - X-link and pages of midi (which I probably won't use)
X1 - All around great traktor controller for any mixer (no jog wheels)
PL-1 - Jog wheels and fantastic price

Anyone have any input on these devices from real world use, suggestions and recommendations?
Horacio Stranathan
Originally Posted by darkstuff
I found this:

505_1.jpg
http://www.zomo.de/en/Products/Bags/...-12-Mixer.html
Horacio Stranathan
I still have my bag from my old S4 that I sold. I might try that. I also found a really nice case that ZOMO makes for a 12" mixer with room for their MC-1000, pretty sick!

490_0.jpg

I am guessing the DJM-800 and DB2 are very similar in size.
Ronald Verellen
Horacio Stranathan
Well I got the X1 MK2 and I am very impressed. I love this thing. It makes a killer combo with the Xone DB2. The fact that I can route all my decks through the DB2 and record post DB2 with full traktor and db2 effects.
Horacio Stranathan
Well, the ZOMO might not be coming. They want to send it UPS, but the problem is UPS charges 50% duties/taxes of the purchase price and I am not paying $90 in duties/taxes.

I will see if they want to send it via USPS, but if they don't I will need a refund.
Horacio Stranathan
Well here are my plans.

1. I picked up a Zomo MC-1000 with the PMK-03 mount for $180 shipped (Canadian)
2. Picking up a brand new Kontrol X1 MK2 and stand for $160 (Canadian) from Kijiji (Canadian Craigslist)

So for the time being I will use the sound card from the DB2 with the X1, and try both DB2 and Zomo sound card.

Not sure if I am going to get another X1 or not? I might pick up a CMD MM-1 and PL-1 as well to give a try. Anyone have experience with the CMD series?
Joline Koyle
X1 MK2 or K2. X1 if you have a soundcard and want the touchstrip. K2 if you dont have a soundcard and want tons of extra functionality.
Monroe Vandeslunt
Get 2 X1's and go Felix da Housecat style.
Delena Katherman
Yeah, X1. I actually just got a DB2 about 6 months ago and considered the EXACT same options. I'm really happy with the X1 MK2. I actually ended up getting a K2 eventually also to use as a portable controller, and its layout seems more appropriate for mixing internally rather than for transport/effects/etc (IMO).
Horacio Stranathan
Never even seen a Zomo. Going to look it up now. I kind of agree with the X1 comment. I only considered the other two because of price and functionality with the mixer.
Brunilda Kora
For me, I'd only consider the X1. The X1 will allow you to go completely hands free on the laptop.

How do you see yourself using either of the other controllers?

Have you thought about the Zomo MC-1000? really nice controller that would go GREAT with the Xone mixer.

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy