New (Straight) Headphone Cable MDR-7506

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: New (Straight) Headphone Cable MDR-7506Reply
New (Straight) Headphone Cable MDR-7506
Posted on: 25.11.2013 by Rolanda Clodfelder
Yes I've come to a solid conclusion - I hate Coiled Cables with a Vengance!

So I went on the hunt for something half decent that I could butcher and solder into my MDR-7506's, I've seen this kinda weaved Plastic Fabric before which I liked the look of and went e-baying and found a seller in Hong Kong who has tons of Cables and HIFI parts in stock and found the one I wanted 1.5meters of extension cable (which I quickly removed the female end from) - Also came with an almost identical 3.5 > 1/4 screw on adaptor to the original Sony's for a whole $8 (inc. shipping). My expectations as you can imagine were not high, worst case scenario was I'd use the exterior coating for something else or lose 8 bucks.

But honestly I was surprised at how nice the quality was on them, I expected when I took the heads off that there would only be about 2 strands of copper once I stripped it back, but was happily greeted by at least as thick cable as the original Sony one (if not more) with a fairly thick coating of rubberized plastic cable with the "weave" plastic fabric on top.

20 mins later and behold:

Sometimes its the smallest, simplest things that can give the biggest grins. Not having a heavy coiled cable hanging off my headphones is saving my neck and is less of a PITA with not getting tangled - I've never needed a 10+ft cable, EVER !

Source of Cable: http://www.ebay.com/usr/low20101020 They also do direct Plug-in replacements for Sennheisers, Shure (including IEM's), AKG and a few other brands.
Rolanda Clodfelder
Yes I've come to a solid conclusion - I hate Coiled Cables with a Vengance!

So I went on the hunt for something half decent that I could butcher and solder into my MDR-7506's, I've seen this kinda weaved Plastic Fabric before which I liked the look of and went e-baying and found a seller in Hong Kong who has tons of Cables and HIFI parts in stock and found the one I wanted 1.5meters of extension cable (which I quickly removed the female end from) - Also came with an almost identical 3.5 > 1/4 screw on adaptor to the original Sony's for a whole $8 (inc. shipping). My expectations as you can imagine were not high, worst case scenario was I'd use the exterior coating for something else or lose 8 bucks.

But honestly I was surprised at how nice the quality was on them, I expected when I took the heads off that there would only be about 2 strands of copper once I stripped it back, but was happily greeted by at least as thick cable as the original Sony one (if not more) with a fairly thick coating of rubberized plastic cable with the "weave" plastic fabric on top.

20 mins later and behold:

Sometimes its the smallest, simplest things that can give the biggest grins. Not having a heavy coiled cable hanging off my headphones is saving my neck and is less of a PITA with not getting tangled - I've never needed a 10+ft cable, EVER !

Source of Cable: http://www.ebay.com/usr/low20101020 They also do direct Plug-in replacements for Sennheisers, Shure (including IEM's), AKG and a few other brands.
Rolanda Clodfelder
Yes you could ..

Or do this ...http://www.head-fi.org/t/665531/sony...able-cable-mod
Alena Horten
I have the MDR-V6 (which is almost identical to the 7506 right?). Anyway, is it possible to add a female end to the headphone so I can have multiple length cables that I can switch out as needed?
Brunilda Kora
Victory is yours!!!

Direct Plug-in replacements for Sennheisers, you say??? I'll be checking this seller out.....

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy