midi fighter clone build log!

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: midi fighter clone build log!Reply
midi fighter clone build log!
Posted on: 01.05.2011 by Suzi Darbe
so heres my progress on my first ever build midi controller based on a pc game pad. altought its my first midi controller project, it is not my first electronic project.

the buttons i bought on dealextreme, cheaper in any way (price and quality -____- )

drawing the buttons location was harder then i thought, took me 4 tries untill they were alligned perfectly (or almost)

heres the first prototype i made (to figure out how i wanted it)

then i figured i didnt want to buy a plexi glass, and found a transparent plastic that would be perfect for the project (i would use the black foam core+ the transparent plastic)

here you see the plastic glass and were to drill

then i assembled the faceplate and its final look (face plate, still missing the case)

now all thats left to do is the brains (solder the arcade switches on the game pad) and the botton box

more to come soon
Jacqualine Arroyos
Originally Posted by mr.drumer.boy
sorry am i missing something. What does "pov" mean ? i have built technically the some thing you have and mine works fine with fergo. I don't see what your problem is because mine works fine with little to no latency.
pov, point of view, the arrows on your left buttons of the gamepad
Jacqualine Arroyos
what do you mean pov's cause mine works just fine and you can turn the refresh rate right down so there isn't much latency.
fergo doesn't support pov...

i had a lot of latency (even with a akay lpd8) after installing asio i don't have latency...

:-)
Suzi Darbe
What is that thing in the background looks like a camera taped onto a cd
lol!, its my webcam and my homemade tripod for it!, cuz the usb wire on it always drags it somewhere else :P
Marva Cupid
Originally Posted by salomon102
so heres my progress on my first ever build midi controller based on a pc game pad. altought its my first midi controller project, it is not my first electronic project.

the buttons i bought on dealextreme, cheaper in any way (price and quality -____- )

Suzi Darbe
Originally Posted by smashah
Looking good! *insert picture of poopcorn-eating smilie here*
thanks!, and the space where theres nothing on the right is for future modifications, probably a crossfader
Suzi Darbe

drawing the buttons location was harder then i thought, took me 4 tries untill they were alligned perfectly (or almost)

heres the first prototype i made (to figure out how i wanted it)

then i figured i didnt want to buy a plexi glass, and found a transparent plastic that would be perfect for the project (i would use the black foam core+ the transparent plastic)

here you see the plastic glass and were to drill

then i assembled the faceplate and its final look (face plate, still missing the case)

now all thats left to do is the brains (solder the arcade switches on the game pad) and the botton box

more to come soon
Chante Marcher
hey ! Can i have the schematics for this project or the wirings plssssssss
Evelina Estopinal
Not bad but why are you using happ style buttons? They take more pressure to push down thus lowring your timing. Take it from a fighting game fan use sanwa or semitsu style buttons. They are cheapper and have faster response times.
Jacqualine Arroyos
sorry am i missing something. What does "pov" mean ? i have built technically the some thing you have and mine works fine with fergo. I don't see what your problem is because mine works fine with little to no latency.
pov, point of view, the arrows on your left buttons of the gamepad
Marva Cupid
Jacqualine Arroyos
what do you mean pov's cause mine works just fine and you can turn the refresh rate right down so there isn't much latency.
fergo doesn't support pov...

i had a lot of latency (even with a akay lpd8) after installing asio i don't have latency...

:-)
Marva Cupid
Jacqualine Arroyos
did you try the asio plugin?
Suzi Darbe
so!, sorry for the wait, i was occupied till now!, i finished the whole project, here are some pictures ignore the cracks x)

and the brainss

and now, the only problem left is software!, i was using rejoice + midiyoke and the latency was so high, it wasnt possible to be on time for sampling. so for now im transforming the button presses on the midi fighter to keypresses on the keyboard, but its not the best since potentiometers only work midi.. so do any of you know a alternative way? i was going to use fergostick but fergostick doesnt recognize pov's ..
Suzi Darbe
lol!, its my webcam and my homemade tripod for it!, cuz the usb wire on it always drags it somewhere else :P
Marva Cupid
Originally Posted by salomon102

Suzi Darbe
Originally Posted by smashah
Looking good! *insert picture of poopcorn-eating smilie here*
thanks!, and the space where theres nothing on the right is for future modifications, probably a crossfader
Rashida Stieb
Looking good! *insert picture of popcorn-eating smilie here*

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy