DIY Tutorial (>40

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: DIY Tutorial (>40Reply
DIY Tutorial (>40
Posted on: 13.03.2011 by Allene Manitta
I've been busy with buildung my custom controller for the last couple of days, and proudly introduce to you the:

the build was pretty easy, and especially cheap.

there is also room for another four analog controls (eg faders, knobs).

feel free to ask questions or give me feedback on this!
read the full feature on my Blog:

http://derschaich.blogspot.com/2011/...-tutorial.html
Allene Manitta
Originally Posted by Robin Raydon
I can press these buttons at the same time. As long as it is switched from digital to analog, there should be no problem with. I have four gamepad pcbs in my controller and did not recognize such conflict. Maybe you trie a different HID-Midi-Translator?
interesting, which translator do you use?
Allene Manitta
I've been busy with buildung my custom controller for the last couple of days, and proudly introduce to you the:

the build was pretty easy, and especially cheap.

there is also room for another four analog controls (eg faders, knobs).

feel free to ask questions or give me feedback on this!
read the full feature on my Blog:

http://derschaich.blogspot.com/2011/...-tutorial.html
Chante Marcher
hey man ! nice work can i request you a schematics or the wirings i want to build my own mf too
Jacqualine Arroyos
i have the same problem with the hat switch in my controller, but, you can take advantage of it...

for instance, you can ad more key combinations with the diagonal directions, i did that in my project.

just keep in mind that down + up will not work and that down + left = left/down and so on...

again, rejoice seams to be the best software to work with...

fergo is great but no hat switch...
Allene Manitta
hey guys,

just to give you an update:

I've been working on a custom mapping for the past weeks, but still not satisfied with what i came up with...

+ I'm working on a VCI-100 mapping for Traktor pro2 which goes first by now.
help me develop it by giving me feeback on my work here:

http://www.traktorbible.com/freaks/m...ew.aspx?id=156

stay tuned!
Allene Manitta
thanks, just get going, its really easy! (once you got your ass off the couch... )
Alise Kupiszewski
Thats brilliant! Really handy tutorial. I've wanted to build one of these for a while but was a bit daunted as I know nothing of electricals. These pics have convinced me to get cracking.
Cheers
Margo Gilb
oh I'm sorry... I didn't notice that

By the way - I believe then there is no way to avoid this conflict, because the gamepads are described as "2 Analog Sticks + 12 Buttons"
Allene Manitta
thx, just read your thread on the german community , nice work there.

as far as i can see, you only use 12 buttons + 4 analogs from your gamepads.

i also use the 4 directions from the d-pad as buttons, what drives me into that conflict!
Margo Gilb
I am using Fergos HID to Midi, it is the only (free) one which allows me to use more than one gamepad at the same time. I postet a link in the Midi-Program thread.

http://www.djranking s.com/community /sho...?t=2862&page=3
Allene Manitta
Originally Posted by Robin Raydon
I can press these buttons at the same time. As long as it is switched from digital to analog, there should be no problem with. I have four gamepad pcbs in my controller and did not recognize such conflict. Maybe you trie a different HID-Midi-Translator?
interesting, which translator do you use?
Margo Gilb
Allene Manitta
following thing happens:

press "left" button -> "left"-midi is high
press "right" button -> "right"-midi is high

press "left" button -> "left"-midi is high
+press "right" button -> "right"-midi is low, and "left"-midi is low
Arcelia Siebeneck
nice one man - good to see someone has actually constructed a gamepad midifighter from start to finish. Interesting that certain combinations of arcade buttons won't work at the same time due to the gamepad not accepting certain directions on the d-pad simultaneously... certainly the first time I've heard about this and it's a worthwile disadvantage to be aware of.
Leeanna Ayla
Nice
Allene Manitta
thanks guys,

I'm half way through mapping this beast (only for FX, my vci talkes care of the transports) and have 4 buttons left to map.

SO I NEED YOU GREAT IDEAS!!!

+ I still have my 4 analogs for possible superfaders 'n stuff!!!
Suzanna Paddock
this rocks!

Congrats man
Ryann Elmaleh
sick!

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy