dj gullum setup

dj gullum setup
Posted on: 24.07.2012 by Ashanti Andreacchio
Changed things around a bit in my (studio) don't produce that much so center myself between the speakers
IMG_5212.jpg
New added 08/02-12013
New Macbook Pro 15" and Flightcase for the DDJ SX
IMG_4432.jpg

I plan to add a NI Scratch 10A and Pioneer RMX-1000 to my setup and modify the flight case a little

New Controller 14/11-2012
Pioneer DDJ SX
IMG_3866 copy.JPG

Here is my trusted setup
Attachment 11306
IMG_3084.jpg
IMG_3086.jpg
IMG_3088.jpg

Her it setup at the club
IMG_3010.jpg

And some of my lights in action
IMG_2103.jpg

And for making music
IMG_3093.jpg
My trusted Jackson that has served me 20 + years and a Yamaha
IMG_3095.jpg

Setup from 27-29 July 2012 in Thorshavn at the national festival
Ashanti Andreacchio
My setup last weekend only using the Kontroler Z1 and F1 (getting the X1mkII next week) with Mixvibes Cross toevening I'll play at same club but will use the CDJ's 2000 in HID mode
IMG_5587.jpg
Kasandra Kreindler
Originally Posted by dj gullum
Yes it's a core 2 duo and 2 Ghz 4GB ram. Sample rate is set to 48000 Hz Latency set to 128 the overal is 4.2 ms and that fast enough for me and I don't expiriance any lag or pops in audio even when using all decks.
@ briankim921 I love the Radius as midi controllers they are fine as just mediaplayers too just don't rely to much on the BPM counter. There are just so much buttons that can be mapped on it that even now I've mapped them to controll almost everything that can be mapped I have some buttons left over not mapped yet

Thanks for the info, im running my setup off the Desktop i built (win7) and want a dedicated computer for my setup as i use the Desktop for way too many things and is not optimized for audio/music, so as much as i loathe apple products im going to be getting a MBP 15" but didnt want to spring for the extra cash for an i5 or i7 as i have a very powerful comp alrdy, im going to be using FX remix decks and my TTs on deck a and b (maybe add maschine in the future) so im glad the C2D can hold up to that kind of workflow.
Ashanti Andreacchio
My setup last weekend only using the Kontroler Z1 and F1 (getting the X1mkII next week) with Mixvibes Cross toevening I'll play at same club but will use the CDJ's 2000 in HID mode
IMG_5587.jpg
Ashanti Andreacchio
Changed everything around a little to center myself between the speakers. Made the Switch from Traktor to Mixvibes Cross planing on adding some cheep Turntables and some sound card to do a little DVS
Ashanti Andreacchio
It's starting to take shape into what I want.
I'm going to add a NI Scratch 10 A and RMX-1000 to the setup. the 10A will be main soundcard connected to each line in on the DDJ SX so it runs as a standalone mixer. Then I'll connect the RMX-1000 to the main I/O on the front and use that as a send/retur inside Traktor. Then I'll mapp a button on the SX in deck c/d to toggle between Remix deck/Live inputwiths will make it possible for me to use FX on any source connected to my setup.
I'll also modify the Flightcase with an I/O plate at the back + intergrating an USB hub so all cables are hidden underneed
Mellisa Calenda
I would take those radius 3000s off your hands if you lived in the states
Ashanti Andreacchio
I just got the Pioneer DDJ SX today I've sold one of my F1's VMS4 and the 2 Radius 3000 are backed away in flight cases no idea what to do to tehm
Nena Leos
what a nice setup! super jealous
Ashanti Andreacchio
Going to change it all around Selling my Radius 3000 and 1 Kontrol F1 but keeping the VMS4 for now and going to buy the Pioneer DDJ SX will post new picture when I have it.
Kasandra Kreindler
Originally Posted by dj gullum
Yes it's a core 2 duo and 2 Ghz 4GB ram. Sample rate is set to 48000 Hz Latency set to 128 the overal is 4.2 ms and that fast enough for me and I don't expiriance any lag or pops in audio even when using all decks.
@ briankim921 I love the Radius as midi controllers they are fine as just mediaplayers too just don't rely to much on the BPM counter. There are just so much buttons that can be mapped on it that even now I've mapped them to controll almost everything that can be mapped I have some buttons left over not mapped yet

Thanks for the info, im running my setup off the Desktop i built (win7) and want a dedicated computer for my setup as i use the Desktop for way too many things and is not optimized for audio/music, so as much as i loathe apple products im going to be getting a MBP 15" but didnt want to spring for the extra cash for an i5 or i7 as i have a very powerful comp alrdy, im going to be using FX remix decks and my TTs on deck a and b (maybe add maschine in the future) so im glad the C2D can hold up to that kind of workflow.
Ashanti Andreacchio
Kasandra Kreindler
Whats your latency?, that macbook (assuming core 2 duo 2.4Ghz) can handle 2 remix decks/mikro and 2 reg decks (CDJs or controller)?
Tilda Hoage
nice setup! how do you like your radius 3000??
Ashanti Andreacchio
the front of the DJ boot was controlled by DMX and there are 4 scanners and 1 moving head in that video. I did not have time to program the othere lights because the are hanging in our club when no out playing. I will be programming them for our next big show whit Rasmus Hedegaard will be here.

The VMS4 I totaly love and I never use micks so the low input there is not a problem for me. I've actualy never had any problems what so ever playing live with my VMS4 but if you deside to get 1 get the VMS4.1 just for the inprovments.

And the CDJ's are American Audio Radius 3000 and they also are realy good cheep but as with all cheep CDJ's don't trust the BPM counter to much
Hanna Ridenbaugh
Very nice, how is the VMS4? have'nt heard to many positive things on it. Do you use it's soundcard or another?
Shoshana Garing
Drop the led light effects they suck... get some scanners or movingheads get a dmx controller you light show looks really messy but nice DJ gear? what cd players are they?
Ashanti Andreacchio
You can make whole songs if you like with it. You can also sync it to traktor and play bouth of them together. Making beats and bass line then draging them into Traktors remix deck the posabileties are endless.
Jeannine Drobney
How are you liking the MAschine Micro? I am debating getting one and it seems like you can do a lot of beat creation.
Germaine Bernadin
Looks like a lot of fun!
Ashanti Andreacchio
Originally Posted by Toastmaster
Your home setup looks like the control console of a spaceship; way cool.
Huston we have a problem ...... mayday mayday .... just resived a bad request :P
Chrissy Kynard
Your home setup looks like the control console of a spaceship; way cool.
Geri Jarra
wow very nice setup man. Im super jealous

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy