Eugguy's Setup (M5Gs & Rotaries...)

Home :: What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup. :: Eugguy's Setup (M5Gs & Rotaries...)Reply
Eugguy's Setup (M5Gs & Rotaries...)
Posted on: 20.05.2013 by Chung Rosaro
This is most current setup. I love it. I've had so many setups, but this one is simple. I mix mostly house. Deep, Soulful, Melodic, Techno. I am contemplating adding CDJs in the near future. I also own a Traktor S2, but haven't really gotten attached to it. I've been using Serato since late 2004, so I'm stuck in my ways. My setup isn't as nice and expensive as some of the other setups posted on the community s, but it is what I am working with now.

UPDATE: August 11th, 2013: I've added CDJ2000's and SpaceTek Stands into the setup.

SETUPS ARE FROM MOST RECENT TO LEAST RECENT.

Xone 92 Rotary
Pioneer CDJ 2000s
SpaceTek Stands
Technics M5G 1210s
Shure M44G/M447S
Traktor X1
Serato SL3
Dell XPS 17
Novation Dicers

My most current setup

My setup in the dark

My setup powered off with the dust cover on

1210 M5Gs with Xone 92

Close ups of the Xone 92 Rotary

My collection of in-ear monitors

The cover of my laptop

Control vinyls

1200s with Empath Rotary

1200s with 56

1200s with 909

1200s with 707
Dia Laryea
Originally Posted by Eugguy
They are M5G 1210s. Blue lights are standard on them. I also have a blue light installed underneath the SL3/Laptop if that is what you are curious about. A little more blue light never hurt anyone!
Oh my bad didn't know that. Regardless they're pretty beautiful man Whole setup is great!
Dia Laryea
Haha, thanks Danek. It's a dream setup for me, and it is a dream mixing on it. I don't know about the trade, but I can show you more pictures!
It's fine I was joking

You even had installed LED lights on your 1200's? Or are they just shiny as fuck and things are reflecting on it?
Chung Rosaro
The whole setup is a joy to use. When someone says "go to your happy place" this is my happy place.
Shellie Folcarelli
Amazingly nice setup. That mixer must be a joy to use..
Chung Rosaro
Haha, good question RTBoston. I play pretty much 100% house now. When I played out I spun hip-hop. I've been using techs for a while, and I've tried both turntable arrangements. I believe the whole battle style and house style arrangement is irrelevant IMHO. I am way more comfortable spinning in battle style anyday. Battle style is used because you have more room to touch the vinyl without hitting the needle, also close to the power & start-stop button. I guess it is what I was used to as a hiphop dj, and also aesthetically the arrangement is more pleasing to the eyes in battle position. Functionally, in the battle arrangement I have way more room to touch the vinyl, and adjusting the pitch isn't a problem. Occasionally...I still do scratch...I don't have to change anything in my setup to do so...the Xone92 has a crossfader adjust. It isn't a 56/57/707/909 etc...but it satisfies my craving to chirp out.
Roseann Heffentrager
I've got to ask:

Battle style turntables typically used by scratch DJ's.
Rotary mixer typically used by house DJ's.

I've got to imagine that setup makes both options more difficult than it needs to be??
Just curious what you mainly play.
Chung Rosaro
The empath rotary is a great mixer. The Xone92 is better. Functionally, they both do a fine job. I believe the Xone has more options at the cue. The empath has a headphone eq, which I miss, but isn't a make or breaker. The sound from the xone is better to me, and probably a lot of other house djs because of the incredible headroom it offers. It is hard to make this mixer distort. Rotaries are smoother on the xone...and the filters are butter. Xone doesn't have a great send/return-effects system, although it can be implemented if needed. The empath may also win there. Empath has three channels, xone92 has four. Empath may be better for a mix of hiphop/house/quicker style blends due to the cueing system and overall smaller layout. The xone92 does house/techno/etc better imo. It is still very popular in many clubs etc from what I am seeing. So that has to mean something. I haven't really seen too many empaths in the field, however, a lot of bedroom djs love the mixer. Either mixer is a win.
Alphonse Hack
How would you compare the Empath rotary with the Zone Rotary in terms of functional use and sound?
Chung Rosaro
Thanks Danek. Blue lights/leds can be installed in standard 1200's, I didn't want to have to go through the trouble of doing it, even though it isn't a hard DIY. I actually prefer the regular 1200's due to the fact that the circuitry is analogue and not a digital pitch. Mixing with analogue is better for long blends and house since the resolution is higher. All in all I am happy with the setup. I do need to add monitors in the future. For right now I just have it hooked up to a Bose Sounddock. I don't even use that as I do 99% of mixing in my headphones. I have a few new pictures of an led system installed. Makes the whole desk and wall light up behind the setup...really gives it a lounge feel.
Dia Laryea
They are M5G 1210s. Blue lights are standard on them. I also have a blue light installed underneath the SL3/Laptop if that is what you are curious about. A little more blue light never hurt anyone!
Oh my bad didn't know that. Regardless they're pretty beautiful man Whole setup is great!
Chung Rosaro
Dia Laryea
Haha, thanks Danek. It's a dream setup for me, and it is a dream mixing on it. I don't know about the trade, but I can show you more pictures!
It's fine I was joking

You even had installed LED lights on your 1200's? Or are they just shiny as fuck and things are reflecting on it?
Chung Rosaro
Dia Laryea
Jesus christ OP, that is a beautiful damn setup, I'm legit jealous.

Wana trade my STR8-80's for your 1200's? please?
Chung Rosaro
Thanks HigherFi. It's easier to feel mixes with rotaries, at least in my honest opinion.

I've just added CDJ2000s with Spacetek Stands. So far so fun!

I've added additional pictures, as well as editing some out. The original post looks a lot cleaner now.
Shan Bauerly
Dope. Rotary Love.
Chung Rosaro
Thanks NitroTix. The slipmats are from a company called SicWax. They have a whole variety of crazy designed slipmats. It's Louie Vuitton on one side, and Chanel on the other. I have more slipmats from them, one of my favorites is the Koi Fish design. It doesn't make too much sense to invest in more slipmats because I rock Serato 99% of the time I am spinning. I do have a crazy collection of Serato Colored Vinyl...
Ashlyn Gaulrapp
Great set up! I don't use vinyl, but I really like the Louis Vuitton - based design on one of the pictures ( brown monogram ). What company is that?
Olin Easley
The 92 is beautiful! Can you give some more information on the phrasing system? It sounds really interesting.
Chung Rosaro
Originally Posted by noah1i8
sick.
Thanks
Catheryn Babadzhanov
sick.
Chung Rosaro
Originally Posted by RodmanSan
I love your first setup with the Xone mixer....really like the looks of this beast....
Thanks RodmanSan. Your setup still wins by a light year, but I appreciate the respect! Haha. My philosophy is to keep things efficient, clean, simple and fun.
Harvey Mcintyre
I love your first setup with the Xone mixer....really like the looks of this beast....
Katie Ahmady
A veteran house DJ I used to spin with had a chart with the same numbers. It is a system of bars that makes mixing tighter, more creative, more interesting. Rather than the standard 16-32 bar count. It was more useful with vinyl, but now everything is digital and you can loop/re-cue to your hearts content. I redesigned the original template. It is actually a sticker I created, along with the other stickers tagged along my 1210s, Xone 92.
Can you elaborate on this? You've piqued my curiosity.

Cool setup btw! dig the rotary mixer.
Chung Rosaro
Thanks man, I am looking into a pair of black CDJ-850s. I'm believeing they can be used with jump-drives. I'm a psycho OCD it comes to organizing/tagging/album art my music, so hopefully all that work can somehow be used with the CDJs. The Xone 92 is a four-channel mixer, I only use two with Serato. I know those two other channels are lonely and need music in them. The Xone is my favorite mixer hands down. I've used too many mixers, and the Xone just does it right for me. I've also used popular known rotaries, and I actually prefer the way the Xone rotary dial feels. Turning those knobs feels so thick and smooth. It is a true joy ride to mix on these. I've ridden out 3-4 minute mixes without even knowing sometimes...plus having four-eqs is amazing, and the filter combinations makes it alotta fun. Mixed in with the M5Gs, the feeling of mixing is something never felt using CDJs or Controllers.
Lewis Stumpf
Sweet! Props on the rotary mixing!

Think you could share that system of bars? I'd be very interested in that
Johanna Eggerson
Looks good dude. Pretty awesome. Add a pair of CDJ's for sure. You won't regret it . How do you find the Xone:92?
Rena Estabrook
Nice. Serato and Technics ftw.
Lon Giger
beautiful
Chung Rosaro
A veteran house DJ I used to spin with had a chart with the same numbers. It is a system of bars that makes mixing tighter, more creative, more interesting. Rather than the standard 16-32 bar count. It was more useful with vinyl, but now everything is digital and you can loop/re-cue to your hearts content. I redesigned the original template. It is actually a sticker I created, along with the other stickers tagged along my 1210s, Xone 92. I used to rock with 25 year old technics, beat to shit. Even put a face plate on them, looked nice. But found a good deal on the 1210s. A pair for $750...tell me that ain't sweet.
Dedra Kreinbring
Nice! What are the numbers on your laptop? Been trying to work out what the pattern is for ages
Toya Spor
Amazingly nice setup. That mixer must be a joy to use.. I just went the DVS route and I love it.

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy