ThinAir's Setup

ThinAir's Setup
Posted on: 10.01.2013 by Ngoc Ninow

About 4 weeks ago; much tidier now and the floorstanders are only used as temporary speaker stands until I have money!
Ngoc Ninow
Ok then.... a question for you? I want to treat myself to a little something with some extra money that I have in my pay this month, but don't really know what to get. I'm probably looking around
Ngoc Ninow
Ok then.... a question for you? I want to treat myself to a little something with some extra money that I have in my pay this month, but don't really know what to get. I'm probably looking around
Ngoc Ninow
Ngoc Ninow
I've got my TT's invloved again, now that I have my CDJ's on stands, which has freed up some real estate on my work surface!

Next addition is probably going to be an Ableton Push

1383905_10153376336655300_1764717253_n.jpg
Ngoc Ninow
Ngoc Ninow
So here is what is likely to be the last update for some time, due to the fact that I have added an iMac to my setup, and cash is now at a premium.

I have also installed a shelf into my studio, to mount the mac on and have added a separate screen, which is an hdtv, with pretty poor resolution, but it will have to do for now, this shelf also elevates my speakers to a nice height, and so the floor-standers which used to double as speaker stands have re-assigned elsewhere in the house!

I will be fully happy with it when I have managed to find a decent solution to getting all those pesky wires hidden out of the way!

Big push on the savings front now for my new mixer and CD players, but looking at moving house too, which I hope comes with a bigger spare room for my studio set-up and ever growing collection of vinyl.

IMG_0838.jpgIMG_0839.jpgIMG_0840.jpgDSCF0998.jpgDSCF0999.jpgDSCF1001.jpgDSCF1013.jpgDSCF1014.jpg
Ngoc Ninow
Originally Posted by SwedeDreams
How are those CDJ's treating you ? Cannot decide whether its worth the extra $$$$$$ for the 2000's or the cdj-900 !
They are only CDJ 1000MK3, but I love them. Paid less than a grand for the pair, second hand on Gumtree and have definitely found a bargain. I'll be going for the 2000Nexus when I upgrade, but having finally shelled out for an iMac this month, I fear that this may be sometime away!

Cant give a great deal of thought on the whole 2000 Vs 900 debated, but I have spent a little time playing on both, and would always say the 2000!
Ngoc Ninow
Originally Posted by JesusJuice
omg the rmx 1000 is such a creative tool! its amazing what some people do with it
Yes it is, but I dont believe I will be reaching full capacity on it for some time!
Ngoc Ninow
i feel you im the same way about pioneer gear! lol im bout to by a djm 900 nexus lol ive thought really hard bout the 200 but i just dont believe i would use it to its full potential and it kinda intimidates me just a little. maybe if i knew someone with one and ive learned to used it maybe
I have a massive amount of spare time most weeks, so having the 2000 to play with and figuring out what it can, should be good fun... Ivebhad my RMX1000 for around 4months now, and feel like I have only just scratched the surface with it!
Ngoc Ninow
why do you want the djm 2000 nexus? just curious lol
I like the X/Y touch pad nd the range of on-board effects, I guess it's like havin an EFX1000 and Kaoss pad built into the machine. I like the Size of it too, it's well spaced out. Plus I am a bit of a Pioneer whore. I'd like any Pioneer mixer, but there is just something the Nexus that I love. Pus it has all the integration for other bits of kit that I want such the CDJ 2KN.
Ngoc Ninow
I've got my TT's invloved again, now that I have my CDJ's on stands, which has freed up some real estate on my work surface!

Next addition is probably going to be an Ableton Push

1383905_10153376336655300_1764717253_n.jpg
Dedra Kreinbring
A festival in summer?

Or gear wise I would just put it into your Pioneer fund.
Ngoc Ninow
Ngoc Ninow
So here is what is likely to be the last update for some time, due to the fact that I have added an iMac to my setup, and cash is now at a premium.

I have also installed a shelf into my studio, to mount the mac on and have added a separate screen, which is an hdtv, with pretty poor resolution, but it will have to do for now, this shelf also elevates my speakers to a nice height, and so the floor-standers which used to double as speaker stands have re-assigned elsewhere in the house!

I will be fully happy with it when I have managed to find a decent solution to getting all those pesky wires hidden out of the way!

Big push on the savings front now for my new mixer and CD players, but looking at moving house too, which I hope comes with a bigger spare room for my studio set-up and ever growing collection of vinyl.

IMG_0838.jpgIMG_0839.jpgIMG_0840.jpgDSCF0998.jpgDSCF0999.jpgDSCF1001.jpgDSCF1013.jpgDSCF1014.jpg
Ngoc Ninow
Originally Posted by SwedeDreams
How are those CDJ's treating you ? Cannot decide whether its worth the extra $$$$$$ for the 2000's or the cdj-900 !
They are only CDJ 1000MK3, but I love them. Paid less than a grand for the pair, second hand on Gumtree and have definitely found a bargain. I'll be going for the 2000Nexus when I upgrade, but having finally shelled out for an iMac this month, I fear that this may be sometime away!

Cant give a great deal of thought on the whole 2000 Vs 900 debated, but I have spent a little time playing on both, and would always say the 2000!
Georgie Lukowiak
Ngoc Ninow
omg the rmx 1000 is such a creative tool! its amazing what some people do with it
Yes it is, but I dont believe I will be reaching full capacity on it for some time!
Armanda Yankauskas
Ngoc Ninow
i feel you im the same way about pioneer gear! lol im bout to by a djm 900 nexus lol ive thought really hard bout the 200 but i just dont believe i would use it to its full potential and it kinda intimidates me just a little. maybe if i knew someone with one and ive learned to used it maybe
I have a massive amount of spare time most weeks, so having the 2000 to play with and figuring out what it can, should be good fun... Ivebhad my RMX1000 for around 4months now, and feel like I have only just scratched the surface with it!
Armanda Yankauskas
Ngoc Ninow
I like the X/Y touch pad nd the range of on-board effects, I guess it's like havin an EFX1000 and Kaoss pad built into the machine. I like the Size of it too, it's well spaced out. Plus I am a bit of a Pioneer whore. I'd like any Pioneer mixer, but there is just something the Nexus that I love. Pus it has all the integration for other bits of kit that I want such the CDJ 2KN.
Armanda Yankauskas
Ngoc Ninow
Here is the latest update, nothing much has changed, but I have used the messiest drill bit in the world to bore some holes through my desk so that I can hide the cables away, and I believe you will agree that it looks much tidier!

Should hopefully be investing in either an iMac or MBP this week. Obviously the MBP will sit on the stand where my existing laptop is, but what would you guys suggest as a mounting solution for an iMac? If I have it just sat on the desk, its gonna be obscured by my RMX 1000.

Hoping to install some sort of sliding shelf underneath the desk to accommodate my keyboard and input device (If I decided on this route as opposed to using my Clavinova (Its a space issue).

Any thoughts/suggestions/comments?

Cheers Guys!

SETUP FEB 13.jpg
Ngoc Ninow
Cheers, dude... The mixer may be going on sale in the next couple of months...Will message you nearer the time and see if you are still interested.
Debra Lagrua
Message me if your interested in selling that DDM 4000 nice setup, really loving the LEDS
Ngoc Ninow
As promised here...are some better pictures....

DSCF0973.jpg
DSCF0976.jpg
DSCF0977.jpg
DSCF0978.jpg
DSCF0981.jpg
DSCF0982.jpg
DSCF0985.jpg
DSCF0986.jpg
DSCF0987.jpg
DSCF0991.jpg
Spent most of yesterday moving furniture, unplugging gear, moving it and plugging it back in and found
Ngoc Ninow
Same kit but I have now moved into a more dedicated studio-room in my man-pad, so I have everything in one place.

Pics are a little bit shaky, thanks to the good ol iPhone, but will put up some more from my decent camera when I get chance tomorrow.

image.jpg
Ngoc Ninow
It's not a DVS setup, I'm still using CDs; I only run traktor pro.

It's only there so I can control traktor without messing about with my laptop. It is quite a big piece of kit but cost was a factor, it will probably find its way to eBay by trend if the year when I upgrade my CD players. It's just running through 1 channel of my mixer, from the laptop n through an audio interface; it's getting the job done for now!
Margaretta Hebenstreit
thanks for your reply. i was just a bit surprised to see that controller in a dvs setup as there is mostly an x1 in such a setup. so are you also using it to control a 3rd deck? i was believeing about getting a modular controller with a jogwheel, but i'm just not that happy with this one, not a big fan of reloop tbh and it looks so big... just gonna wait for the behringer cmd pl-1
Ngoc Ninow
Cheers, man!

I hadn't given this particular controller much thought to be honest with you, and went into the shop with the intention of walking out with an X1...

Price was a factor and I only really want the controller for triggering cue points and effects within traktor, so I had a little play with the controller in the store, and decided that it was ideal for what I needed it for, and saved myself around
Margaretta Hebenstreit
nice setup! what made you choose the reloop controller and what do you use it for? is the jogwheel any good?
Ngoc Ninow
Made a few adjustments and additions....

Heres the whole thing
photo.jpg

The whole thing again, shot in the dark with my uber-cool new blue LED strip lamps turned on
photo (2).jpg

My new HDJ2000's and reloop contour controller.
photo (1).jpg

Big push now for a pair of CDJ 2K Nexus and avDJM 2K Nexus.
Ngoc Ninow
Originally Posted by DarioJ
I believe you'll see me in that thread if you start it.
It's done!
Judi Sissel
Lol... You might break even on the mixer after shipping.

The 15th you say? :looks in box - 1 cig left:... I believe you'll see me in that thread if you start it.
Ngoc Ninow
Originally Posted by DarioJ
http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=64931

Just sayin'...

Nice balance of gear you got going there. Good luck with the drive, I may need to join the cause ...
Cheers, Dario....

Think I might be a bit far for local pickup pn that badboy in the link...I'm in Manchester UK!

The cause....d-day as it were is the 15th; join me! Might a thread in the off topic area, see if I can muster some support!
Judi Sissel
http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=64931

Just sayin'...

Nice balance of gear you got going there. Good luck with the drive, I may need to join the cause ...
Ngoc Ninow
Its a Behringer DDM4000.

Not the greatest mixer in the world, and I want to upgrade it, but for now, it works and I quite like it and there is other stuff I want/need! Gonna be going Pioneer when I get it, possibly DJM2000Nexus, which will be financed by imminent stop smoking drive....should have enough by Christmas :-s
Joya Heiberg
DOPE! what mixer?
Ngoc Ninow
Cheers, dude...

Not sure what to add next...possibly a controller for Traktor, as the iPad app I use is pants to say the least.

Was going to buy a Mac this month but believeing now I might get new headphones, Traktor controller and a KP3 instead....
Dick Korus
Nice setup!

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy