Ozei's setup

Ozei's setup
Posted on: 02.09.2013 by Arielle Goodling
I started DJ'ing from scratch about two years ago. With nothing to play with, I bought Numark Mixtrack and Lexicon Alpha USB-interface. With Alpha hooked up to my JVC BoomBlaster and some cheap headset to my computer sound card, and Traktor LE loaded on my shi**y laptop, I was rockin... trainwrecking all over my one room apartment.

My beloved Mixtrack

Two different sound cards caused some troubles; first of all, the Alpha was really bad quality (volume knob didn't affect both stereo channels in the same way) and different sound cards drifted out of sync after a while (yea...).

Big improvement was when I picked up a pair of monitors, Behringer B2030A Truths. For the price they are propably the best piece of studio speakers there are; clear sound with punchy bass.

So then, last christmas, my girlfriend gave me NI Komplete Audio 6 and I was all like
We also moved together and now we have this HUGE apartment and I got my own corner for all my stuff.

Komplete Audio 6 & B2030A Truth

Then, few months back, I bought Traktor Kontrol F1. I don't really use it for anything groundbreaking, mostly launch some complimentary loops and samples out of there. Neat piece of hardware and great build quality, though.

My current stuff

My corner in our apartment

And yes, I am mostly a bedroom DJ. I have done a couple of "gigs" for local sports club, playing at their events (and it's been great for everyone), but really nothing that would have paid me some money. At the moment this is my beloved hobby, but maybe in the future...

Speaking of future; I'm selling my Mixtrack (hurts a bit, though, it has served faithfully) and I'm waiting for my new gear to arrive... Not telling what, at least not yet But more controllerism, I promise

Edit: Tried to fix the pics, derpbox is a new thing for me...

Update 9/8/2013:

New gear:

Mixtrack sold.
Got myself CMD MM-1 and X1 Mk2.

Update 10/31/2013

Kontrol stands.

(And yes, that's foam from Kontrol Stand package under the MM-1, kind of impromptu stand for it )

Gearlist
Acer laptop
Behringer CMD MM-1
Traktor Kontrol X1 Mk2
Traktor Kontrol F1
NI Komplete Audio 6
Behringer B2030A Truth's
Sennheiser HD438 headphones (not the best there are, but good enough)
Traktor Kontrol Case
Magma KNTRL RMX case (for MM-1)
2x Traktor Kontrol Stand
Millenium laptopstand (for occasional gig, if I happen to get any)
Logan Lassey
Cool, cheers for the info.
Arielle Goodling
Originally Posted by Paco Loco
One question: how well does the MM-1 fit in that Magma case? You got a pic of it in there?
It's almost like the case is made for it; fitting almost perfectly. MM-1 is a couple of centimeters shorter than the case, but there are two small foam blocks that are meant to "tighten" the controller inside the case so by using them it's fitting great.

No pics, sorry
Logan Lassey
Great setup! This is exactly the combination I am considering myself right now....

One question: how well does the MM-1 fit in that Magma case? You got a pic of it in there?
Arielle Goodling
Originally Posted by neogeo
question: is the MM-1 and kontrol F1/X1 the same size?? i do realize the MM-1 is higher. the reason i'm asking is because i want to a DC-1 to my setup (Kontrol S2 + X1 MK2) and i want it to sit flush!!!
It's somewhat bigger in every direction. Not by great margin but it's noticeable. They're about the same length (difference is like 1cm), but MM-1 is noticeably taller and "much" (around 3cm, 25%) wider. I believe that the length matters the most, so they do fit together nicely IMO
Arielle Goodling
Originally Posted by arsman
how does the behringer truth sound? i am contemplating on getting a used pair for 100$ a pc.
Well, the sound is clear and truthful (pun semi-intended). Of course without a subwoofer lowest frequencies are left out, but with reasonable volumes (i.e. ones you can use comfortable when in front of them) there's nice, punchy bass also. Truth's also provide some tweaking options for the sound; I've set high freqs to -2dB as personal preference (and for room related reasons), but you get also some settings for bass. The bigger B2031A Truths give even more tweaks if I recall correctly.

(Disclaimer thingy: ) I'm not really expert when it comes to monitors (these are the only ones I've had), but for the price I've been more than satisfied.
Arielle Goodling
Originally Posted by Exuro
Nice man! I too am using a mixtrack still with an old laptop but at least it runs traktor well. Are those stickers on your mixtrack jog wheels? Looks good i might have to do that to mine.
Thanks Yes they are stickers, got a bunch of different kinds of them when I bought the F1, and those round ones were just perfect for the jog wheels.
Arielle Goodling
Originally Posted by Jester
Welcome. Mate you need to fix your pics, with dropbox you need to post the image url, not the actual link. tags are correct but you need to choose the "copy public link" option
Does it work now? Because I saw the pics even previously (and there is no "copy public link" option )

This derpbox thing is so new to me...
Arielle Goodling
I started DJ'ing from scratch about two years ago. With nothing to play with, I bought Numark Mixtrack and Lexicon Alpha USB-interface. With Alpha hooked up to my JVC BoomBlaster and some cheap headset to my computer sound card, and Traktor LE loaded on my shi**y laptop, I was rockin... trainwrecking all over my one room apartment.

My beloved Mixtrack

Two different sound cards caused some troubles; first of all, the Alpha was really bad quality (volume knob didn't affect both stereo channels in the same way) and different sound cards drifted out of sync after a while (yea...).

Big improvement was when I picked up a pair of monitors, Behringer B2030A Truths. For the price they are propably the best piece of studio speakers there are; clear sound with punchy bass.

So then, last christmas, my girlfriend gave me NI Komplete Audio 6 and I was all like
We also moved together and now we have this HUGE apartment and I got my own corner for all my stuff.

Komplete Audio 6 & B2030A Truth

Then, few months back, I bought Traktor Kontrol F1. I don't really use it for anything groundbreaking, mostly launch some complimentary loops and samples out of there. Neat piece of hardware and great build quality, though.

My current stuff

My corner in our apartment

And yes, I am mostly a bedroom DJ. I have done a couple of "gigs" for local sports club, playing at their events (and it's been great for everyone), but really nothing that would have paid me some money. At the moment this is my beloved hobby, but maybe in the future...

Speaking of future; I'm selling my Mixtrack (hurts a bit, though, it has served faithfully) and I'm waiting for my new gear to arrive... Not telling what, at least not yet But more controllerism, I promise

Edit: Tried to fix the pics, derpbox is a new thing for me...

Update 9/8/2013:

New gear:

Mixtrack sold.
Got myself CMD MM-1 and X1 Mk2.

Update 10/31/2013

Kontrol stands.

(And yes, that's foam from Kontrol Stand package under the MM-1, kind of impromptu stand for it )

Gearlist
Acer laptop
Behringer CMD MM-1
Traktor Kontrol X1 Mk2
Traktor Kontrol F1
NI Komplete Audio 6
Behringer B2030A Truth's
Sennheiser HD438 headphones (not the best there are, but good enough)
Traktor Kontrol Case
Magma KNTRL RMX case (for MM-1)
2x Traktor Kontrol Stand
Millenium laptopstand (for occasional gig, if I happen to get any)
Arielle Goodling
Setup update!

Kontrol stands!

Very solid and fit perfectly (as expected ofc). They were on sale, it was that ~30€ a piece, so I believe it was a good deal Initial launch price (50€/pc) was a tad high, but the price drop won me over.

And yes, that's packaging foam from Kontrol Stand box under the MM-1, kind of makeshift stand. Temporary solution, I hope; maybe it's time for some DIY when I happen to have spare time.
Arielle Goodling
Originally Posted by neogeo
question: is the MM-1 and kontrol F1/X1 the same size?? i do realize the MM-1 is higher. the reason i'm asking is because i want to a DC-1 to my setup (Kontrol S2 + X1 MK2) and i want it to sit flush!!!
It's somewhat bigger in every direction. Not by great margin but it's noticeable. They're about the same length (difference is like 1cm), but MM-1 is noticeably taller and "much" (around 3cm, 25%) wider. I believe that the length matters the most, so they do fit together nicely IMO
Alycia Niederriter
Mixtrack Pro 2 looks so much bigger than Mixtrack Pro!!
Thomas Dresel
Arielle Goodling
Originally Posted by arsman
how does the behringer truth sound? i am contemplating on getting a used pair for 100$ a pc.
Well, the sound is clear and truthful (pun semi-intended). Of course without a subwoofer lowest frequencies are left out, but with reasonable volumes (i.e. ones you can use comfortable when in front of them) there's nice, punchy bass also. Truth's also provide some tweaking options for the sound; I've set high freqs to -2dB as personal preference (and for room related reasons), but you get also some settings for bass. The bigger B2031A Truths give even more tweaks if I recall correctly.

(Disclaimer thingy: ) I'm not really expert when it comes to monitors (these are the only ones I've had), but for the price I've been more than satisfied.
Petra Arra
Arielle Goodling
SETUP UPDATE

Got my new gear!

(Pics, so did happen)

It's goodbye mixtrack, but now it has been replaced with CMD MM-1 for all mixing needs and X1 Mk2 for effects & transport. Almost needless to say, but I'm really satisfied with much greater feature set and increased mobility these units offer.

Also got Traktor Kontrol case and Magma KNTRL RMX case. The latter is ment for Pioneer Rmx-1000 but is perfect for MM-1 too.
Muoi Odonohoe
Nice and clean, I love it
Arielle Goodling
Originally Posted by Exuro
Nice man! I too am using a mixtrack still with an old laptop but at least it runs traktor well. Are those stickers on your mixtrack jog wheels? Looks good i might have to do that to mine.
Thanks Yes they are stickers, got a bunch of different kinds of them when I bought the F1, and those round ones were just perfect for the jog wheels.
Malorie Suriano
Latoria Kavulich
lookin good
Arielle Goodling
Originally Posted by Jester
Welcome. Mate you need to fix your pics, with dropbox you need to post the image url, not the actual link. tags are correct but you need to choose the "copy public link" option
Does it work now? Because I saw the pics even previously (and there is no "copy public link" option )

This derpbox thing is so new to me...
Latoria Kavulich

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy