Map choke groups for remix deck possible?

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Map choke groups for remix deck possible?Reply
Map choke groups for remix deck possible?
Posted on: 26.06.2013 by Jayna Hallworth
Would it be possible to map a controller (F1, Midi Fighter, or similar) in a way where you trigger a remix deck cell and it chokes all others? Currently that only works when going up and down a single row.
Caryn Liberato
Originally Posted by Patch
A statement like that deserves a complete thread of it's own!!!

Please?????
which particular element, the mapping or the rmx set scratch tool?

After an evening of playing with 2.6.2 I'm rolling back to 2.6.1! For the last few months I've mostly used deck A as a remix deck for scratching without any issues, 2.6.2 has made Punch mode a bit hit or miss, plus I've had occasional sticker drift

Yet to test 2.6.2 in a more standard layout but setting Traktor the way I normally run it has exposed sum bad flaws in this update.
Jayna Hallworth
Would it be possible to map a controller (F1, Midi Fighter, or similar) in a way where you trigger a remix deck cell and it chokes all others? Currently that only works when going up and down a single row.
Caryn Liberato
Yep, already said so in previous comment in this thread, but perhaps I wasn't that clear so my bad.

It's quite simple map really but a lot of commands. Trying to explain how to setup the modifier is difficult though, especially on a phone so when I get a proper chance I'll try to write instructions how to achieve this.
Jayna Hallworth
Has anyone been able to achieve this yet?
Caryn Liberato
Originally Posted by Patch

Please?????
which particular element, the mapping or the rmx set scratch tool?

After an evening of playing with 2.6.2 I'm rolling back to 2.6.1! For the last few months I've mostly used deck A as a remix deck for scratching without any issues, 2.6.2 has made Punch mode a bit hit or miss, plus I've had occasional sticker drift

Yet to test 2.6.2 in a more standard layout but setting Traktor the way I normally run it has exposed sum bad flaws in this update.
Brunilda Kora
Originally Posted by Dubba Dutch
I'm doing this from a scratching point of view as I have tailored rmx sets with a different looped scratch sentence in each cell taken from skip less battle records. Page one complete, works like a charm!

Please?????
Caryn Liberato
Funny enough I've spent the majority of the day applying this to my Maschine mk2 map, but mines a straight up solo mode to save having to mute one sample after choosing another one. If you wanna do all four pages your looking at 256 commands in total! (4 commands for each button)

I'm doing this from a scratching point of view as I have tailored rmx sets with a different looped scratch sentence in each cell taken from skip less battle records. Page one complete, works like a charm!
Nedra Fresneda
The thing is if you want that particular cell to always work that way or not, hence the modifier.
Kellie Myrum
Nope. You need to assign each command separately... It require some hard work.
Jayna Hallworth
I don't believe there is a mapping to stop all, is there?
Kellie Myrum
I believe that modifier isn't necessary as long as all other cells are mapped to directly stop once the certain cell is triggered.

All commands should be mapped to same button.
Jayna Hallworth
Thanks Padi. That's what I thought. Any pointers how I can start figuring this out?
Nedra Fresneda
Natively? no.

You need to work around it using modifiers so when you trigger that particular cell it stops/mutes the rest.

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy