[Traktor] Livid CNTRL:R advanced mapping

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: [Traktor] Livid CNTRL:R advanced mappingReply
[Traktor] Livid CNTRL:R advanced mapping
Posted on: 11.12.2012 by Kellie Myrum
Hi guys,

I've been working on this for past few days and I'm happy to share my first CNTRL:R mapping for control over four decks and four FX units like a boss

I have mapped Double Deck Focus concept in to this mapping which gives you ability to have control aver any of four decks at both sides of the unit using shift button to enable deck selectors. Also, you'll find four banks of controls for 4x4 pad grid together with push encoders available via shift buttons as well. This mapping is divided in to sections so check the image to get idea.

CNTRLR sections.JPG Update: CNTRLR sections.JPG

Download links:

https://maps.djranking s.com/mappings/1055
http://www.traktorbible.com/freaks/m...ew.aspx?id=535

Importing and engaging:

While importing make sure to use IMPORT button at the bottom of preferences window and I actually want you to do it twice so list of effects can be imported in proper order along with controller mappings. Once the mapping is imported note that you'll see two buttons in transport section are lited in 'red' - those are your powerful shift buttons. Press them and four buttons above shift will lite up in 'white' suggesting you to press it and select which deck you wish to control, release shift and focus selector (white) will go out leaving those same buttons for transport controls for deck that is currently selected.

Here are diagrams of controls for all decks. Note that decks 'C' and 'D' are flavor switchable (track, remix, live input).

Decks 'A' and 'B':

CNTRLR decks A and B.JPG
Decks 'C' and 'D':

Note that left focus loads sample from deck 'A' and right focus loads sample from deck 'B'.

CNTRLR decks C and D.JPG

Four bank modes:

Shift buttons are universal. Not just it enables deck focus selectors but those are enabling four bank selectors as well. While any of both shifts are on hold note that LED's at upper push encoders row will lite up in 'yellow' showing you where all four banks are located. So, while shift is pressed hit any of four encoders to select which bank you want to use and LED will lite up in 'red' to show that bank is activated. Release shift and there you are, LED's are working for commands related to bank that's currently on. Full LED feedback supported!

Bank 1:

The image explain it all. There is also a shift state for this bank which brings second layer for pads matrix. Note that right faders are also mapped for 'unit on' when any of units is in single effect mode - holding shift and moving same faders disables effect but still controls effect dry/wet amount.

CNTRLR bank 1.JPG

Bank 2 and 3:

These are mapped for pre-selected effects. Upper pads row controls unit deck assignment and it's easy to use - just hit any of pads and all four units will become assigned to that deck leaving other three decks disengaged. Second bank is popular Instant Gratification effect concept with three supercombos which are color labeled in image and third bank keeps Beatmasher button row and echo-out with addition of some other effects to it. Encoders are mapped for related pad triggers so you can easily modulate effect after engaging. Full LED feedback for pads and encoders is supported and there is some fancy encoder LED trickery while supercombos are performing

CNTRLR bank 2 and 3.JPG

Bank 4:

The image says it. Here are browser controls, loop recorder etc..

CNTRLR bank 4.JPG

Edit: New Bank.

Bank 5:

Activating this bank gives you ability to assign any of effects to specific EQ frequency using deck duplicate command. Basic idea is to use deck focus buttons (A, B, C) to select deck you wish to use Isolator for and then use 'LOAD' button to duplicate track in to deck D.

-First encoder row is dedicated for 3 band EQ knobs and Key adjust regards to focused deck. How to apply effect to EQ? - Simple, just turn any EQ knob over 12 o'clock and LED will lite up to indicate that Isolator is engaged for selected frequency (rmx-1000 replicate). Basically, when any of frequency isolators are engaged current track deck EQ kill become on and the same EQ at duplicated deck become off and ready for effect to be applied.
-Second encoder row is dedicated for FX unit 2 in group FX mode and it's been designed for Macro FX. Pressing any of push encoders will directly engage effect on and reset parameter to center (dry).
-Third encoder row is dedicated for FX nit 4 in single FX mode and it's related to effect preset buttons (see pic).
-Four faders on right side are dedicated for instant effects. First two are actually a superfaders and they are designed to be used in combination for best result. Other two are smart knobs. Note that this four faders are controlling instant effects only in 5th bank and FX unit dry/wet when using other banks.

CNTRLR bank 5.JPG

For any additional information and questions you might have feel free to leave your comment below and I'll be answering it ASAP.

Have fun!

Stewe

Ardelle Bertovich
Originally Posted by jamz
Okay Stewe...Thanks to you I managed to make it work for the Kontrol X1 in Midi Mode: Here is what my video description is:
The mapping I did is based on Stewe's "Livid CNTRL:R" mapping from http://djranking s.com community . All credit goes strictly to him. I just figured it out and remapped it for Kontrol X1 in Midi Mode. There are few ways to map and execute the cut/add like feature on the kontrol X1. I decided to make it as it's in the video. 3 EQ kils before 12 o'clock and the same knobs when turned after twelve o'clock makes the amount ot effects 1,2 and 3 of effect unit 1 goes from 0 to 100. I used Deck C as source for deck A....and Deck D for Deck B. For example I can apply effect on highs on the left and effects on the mids on the right deck...Ckeck the video for more.
It's important to mention that I use only deck A and Deck B for mixing and since Deck C and D are free I decicided to use not only one deck as source.
I found some minor bugs, but will fix them soon and will upload the mapping over here.
Thanks again. The lines that made me clearly understood were these:
"
The idea [behind the mapping] is to map a modifier that can toggle between two different values, but to make this value change at rotary pot center (12 o
Ardelle Bertovich
Okay Stewe...Thanks to you I managed to make it work for the Kontrol X1 in Midi Mode: Here is what my video description is:
The mapping I did is based on Stewe's "Livid CNTRL:R" mapping from http://djranking s.com community . All credit goes strictly to him. I just figured it out and remapped it for Kontrol X1 in Midi Mode. There are few ways to map and execute the cut/add like feature on the kontrol X1. I decided to make it as it's in the video. 3 EQ kils before 12 o'clock and the same knobs when turned after twelve o'clock makes the amount ot effects 1,2 and 3 of effect unit 1 goes from 0 to 100. I used Deck C as source for deck A....and Deck D for Deck B. For example I can apply effect on highs on the left and effects on the mids on the right deck...Ckeck the video for more.
It's important to mention that I use only deck A and Deck B for mixing and since Deck C and D are free I decicided to use not only one deck as source.
I found some minor bugs, but will fix them soon and will upload the mapping over here.
"
The idea [behind the mapping] is to map a modifier that can toggle between two different values, but to make this value change at rotary pot center (12 o
Ardelle Bertovich
"
Ardelle Bertovich
"
Ardelle Bertovich
"
Ardelle Bertovich
"
Ardelle Bertovich
"
Laila Rifai
Thank you for taking the time Stewe !
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by anodd
Hi Stewe !
First of all a big THANK YOU for your incredible mappings, i just had my Cntrl:r and i'm blown away by the amazing work you've done !
But i have a question. On the advanced mapping we have 4 banks + the 5th isolator bank. I was wondering if it's possible to integrate on this mapping a 6th bank, on which i could store my own FX presets and combos, and if it's possible, how? ( I tried to looking into the details of your mapping but i'm completely lost. )

Namaste.
Cheers for the feedback anodd. It is possible to add another bank but it's something I should look into first - didn't play with this mapping for long time now so I need some catching up to do. I promise to get into this in about week or two when I'll hopefully grab some time to update.
Laila Rifai
Hi Stewe !
First of all a big THANK YOU for your incredible mappings, i just had my Cntrl:r and i'm blown away by the amazing work you've done !
But i have a question. On the advanced mapping we have 4 banks + the 5th isolator bank. I was wondering if it's possible to integrate on this mapping a 6th bank, on which i could store my own FX presets and combos, and if it's possible, how? ( I tried to looking into the details of your mapping but i'm completely lost. )

Namaste.
Ardelle Bertovich
"
Kandi Odom
Originally Posted by Stewe
Wow, just found this http://createdigitalmusic.com/2013/0...mapping-video/

Truly honored
Totally deserve it!!!!!!!!
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by MrAybar
Loving this isolator efx!!!!
Having much fun with it right now
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by andykrow
Love this mapping! Thanks for all the hard work. Is there any reason this wouldn't play nice with the F1? I have full remix sets and I really need to easily drill down into them. Thanks!
Welcome mate! Didn't test it with F1 or midifighter 3D/Spectra but I don't see why it shouldn't be compact. CNTRL:R communicates via MIDI and F1 via HID so signals can't conflict between each other.
Johnsie Zike
Alright, this was easier than I expected.

A&H Xone:K2 Isolator FX mapping (v 0.8):

Remember, this is a work-in-progress mapping! I still have to figure out some things:
- find a convenient way to map a FX-Unit Selector page
- FX Unit 3 controls on the Isolator layer is not included, but will be soon!
- Still haven't used the shift-button too much. Any ideas?
edeoldisK2mapping.jpg
Link to high-resolution-scheme: http://imgur.com/2gtpXxf

Download: https://maps.djranking s.com/mappings/1145

First you'll have to activate latching layers in your K2. In this mapping, I used the Latching Layer option 2.
(Only the bottom part will change layers)
Import the .tsi file TWICE, otherwise you'll have problems with the FX.
When you start up Traktor, push the layer-button (L) 3 times to setup the modifiers correctly.
Also activate and deactivate the Isolator knobs (green layer) once, before you start.

Let me know if you have any difficulties and/or ideas on how to improve the mapping!
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by edeoldi
#1: The mapping got quite complex due to the LED stuff I am trying to do. I have 3 separate generic devices working together now. When I am finished, how should I export it so that all the devices come in one .tsi file?
Using big EXPORT button will do the job.

#2: Is there a reason, why you add "FX Store Preset" to every preset-fx-button?
Yes. It helps to properly re-store all parameters when switching between effects while FX is activated.

Feel free to share your result in community once your mapping is completed
Ardelle Bertovich
"
Kandi Odom
Originally Posted by Stewe

Truly honored
Totally deserve it!!!!!!!!
Kellie Myrum

Truly honored
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by MrAybar
Having much fun with it right now
Kandi Odom
Kellie Myrum
Livid CNTRL:R ultimate tool for Traktor is online. Check my other thread here:

http://community .djranking s.com/showthr...671#post594671

Traktor freak,
Kellie Myrum
Glad that helps. Let me know if you got other questions
Destiny Livers
I see! For some reason I thought that upper row was just for capturing loops, not playback... Thanks! I can hold off on the F1 for a while now... Sets with just one controller are very appealing to me

Take care,
AK
Kellie Myrum
This mapping has ability to control first sample row in remix deck using decks C and D.

Hold shift to select C or D > hold shift again and press button in left next to it so toggle between deck flavors > switch to remix deck.

Now check this diagram:

Note that upper four pads are looped and bottom four pads are labeled in one shot. This means that any time you hit different row the remix deck will automatically change slot play mode between loop/one shot.
Destiny Livers
Awesome! In the meantime before I pick up a couple F1's, is it possible to alter the mapping so that the remix samples don't convert automatically to one shot when fired from the cntrlr? Sorry if that's a newb question, but hey I'm new to traktor and mapping within it (ableton convert ) I'm probably missing something obvious...
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by andykrow
Love this mapping! Thanks for all the hard work. Is there any reason this wouldn't play nice with the F1? I have full remix sets and I really need to easily drill down into them. Thanks!
Welcome mate! Didn't test it with F1 or midifighter 3D/Spectra but I don't see why it shouldn't be compact. CNTRL:R communicates via MIDI and F1 via HID so signals can't conflict between each other.
Destiny Livers
Kellie Myrum
Seems nice! Don't own K2 to check it tho...
Johnsie Zike
Alright, this was easier than I expected.

A&H Xone:K2 Isolator FX mapping (v 0.8):

Remember, this is a work-in-progress mapping! I still have to figure out some things:
- find a convenient way to map a FX-Unit Selector page
- FX Unit 3 controls on the Isolator layer is not included, but will be soon!
- Still haven't used the shift-button too much. Any ideas?
edeoldisK2mapping.jpg
Link to high-resolution-scheme: http://imgur.com/2gtpXxf

Download: https://maps.djranking s.com/mappings/1145

First you'll have to activate latching layers in your K2. In this mapping, I used the Latching Layer option 2.
(Only the bottom part will change layers)
Import the .tsi file TWICE, otherwise you'll have problems with the FX.
When you start up Traktor, push the layer-button (L) 3 times to setup the modifiers correctly.
Also activate and deactivate the Isolator knobs (green layer) once, before you start.

Let me know if you have any difficulties and/or ideas on how to improve the mapping!
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by edeoldi
#1: The mapping got quite complex due to the LED stuff I am trying to do. I have 3 separate generic devices working together now. When I am finished, how should I export it so that all the devices come in one .tsi file?
Using big EXPORT button will do the job.

Yes. It helps to properly re-store all parameters when switching between effects while FX is activated.

Feel free to share your result in community once your mapping is completed
Johnsie Zike
Originally Posted by neilmcm
going to try this on my k2 or the Faderfox I have .
I am working on a Xone:K2 mapping at the moment. (The k2 is perfect for this mapping due to its layout.)
Everything (including Isolator FX) is working so far, except the "Preset FX" in bank 5. I am currently in the process of finishing it and I will post an overview soon to see what you guys are believeing.
Also, I managed to get some nice LED feedback going on to make navigation in 3 banks easier.

@Stewe: #1: The mapping got quite complex due to the LED stuff I am trying to do. I have 3 separate generic devices working together now. When I am finished, how should I export it so that all the devices come in one .tsi file?
Lynetta Stanislav
going to try this on my k2 or the Faderfox I have .
Jenniffer Corales
Just need to fix some minor bugs I saw and will upload it in few days after tests. Thank you!
Kellie Myrum
Niceee work mate! Glad to see somebody has finally replicate my mapping on X1 and thanks for props and video

Can't wait to see solution for Isolator in DJTT official mappings!
Jenniffer Corales
"
The idea [behind the mapping] is to map a modifier that can toggle between two different values, but to make this value change at rotary pot center (12 o’clock) giving me value ’0′ at one side and value ’7′ at other. I managed to map this using encoder-relative in modifier settings. [...] To be honest, it took a while to find correct modifier settings to achieve RMX-1000 result.

"
And the video:
Kellie Myrum
Update 4:

-Added filter on/off functionality. Turning knob directly activate filter ON and holding 'shift' and twisting knob deactivate it.

Here is a little demo for mapping using INSTANT gratify and Isolate FX:

Updated OP with demo vid as well
Kellie Myrum
You are welcome. Please make a demo vid once you got it all set and share.
Jenniffer Corales
That was helpful...I am almost there mapping the X1 in midi mode to have that isolator effect. I am using 2 decks and duplication A to C and B to D. At the point I am now is okay to apply effects on different frequencies, but I wanted to make it your way. Thats why I had those two questions. I will try to get more deep into it.
Thank you for your reply
Kellie Myrum
How did you made a knob to react different before 12 o'clock and after 12 o'clock...
I used modifiers.

is it possible to reset all the values when it is in the center-12 o'clock?
I believe so but that should require a double up the modifiers and another modifier slot - probably new generic device too. I made this 'reset' at push encoders instead.

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy