Virtual Dj mappings for Z2

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Virtual Dj mappings for Z2Reply
Virtual Dj mappings for Z2
Posted on: 03.12.2013 by Olga Matusik
Hi Guys,

Anyone know if it is possible to map the Virtual Dj 07 VDJ with the Z2 Traktor mixer?

[B]Thanks guys... just something im trying out [/B]
Olga Matusik
Before i start just like to thank you for the reply "awesome" Dude If you could map Virtual Dj to the z2 Im willing to pay! at this stage i can't even get both Turntables to work? it picks up only one deck and when i change the settings in config's - no difference as shown in the pic below. my email is [email protected] 994074_10202692621499385_1770736035_n.jpg
Olga Matusik
Hi Guys,

Anyone know if it is possible to map the Virtual Dj 07 VDJ with the Z2 Traktor mixer?

[B]Thanks guys... just something im trying out [/B]
Dedra Kreinbring
Just to confirm, the Z2 works as a standalone mixer.
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
you will need to map in the headphone volume and mix which is "headphone_volume" & "headphone_mix" respectively. To test check if changing the knob on the skin changes anything. Same story with the crossfader, you will need to map it to "crossfader" for it to work.. this is assuming that you have the soundcard correctly set up. You should be able to do it all in simple midi to test it works.

Without ever seeing it I would say you will need to do the following in advanced config:
Master --> kontrol Z2 --> output 1&2
Headphone --> kontrol Z2 --> output 3&4
Timecode 1 --> kontrol Z2 --> input 1&2
Timecode 2 --> kontrol Z2 --> input 3&4
--> then press "timecode config" to clean up the timecode signal

sometime's manufactures reverse the headphone and the master outputs, if that's the case just swap around their outputs in the dropdowns. but I'm still not sure if it is able to be used as an analog mixer or just a controller. If you can use it as an analog mixer the sound setup would be different.
Olga Matusik
Ive gone into advance settings and made the changes which allowed me to have both Turntables active. I have both tables plugged into phono inputs on the mixer and i have changed the vinyl and are using the earlier ones which made a big difference. What is happening now is the crossfader is not working with the software. the headphones is working but can hear both decks.

1210 Mk2 Technic's / z2 Traktor mixer
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
I would be inclined to believe it's not an external mixer just a controller with a soundcard, I couldn't see anything in the manual about using it as an external mixer, so you should probably pick the output as "single output". I could be wrong about the though.

with regard to the turntables, you need to make sure that you are using the mk1 timecode, the mk2's don't work as they are newer that the timecode engine and output at 2.5Hz last I checked. VDJ can also use Serato CV2's aswell if you can't find the traktor timecodes stocked anywhere. Also make sure you have the correct side facing up, you have selected side A in that picture.

The other thing is that the view of your sound setup is obscured so I can't see what channels you have selected. but I setup in "Advanced config" so I can manage my inputs and outputs, have a look at that, it's at the bottom of the list of either the input or output dropdowns.

Lastly make sure you have the turntables plugged into the phono socket not the line unless they have a line output like the ST150's.. and make sure you have them grounded into the mixer. In saying that I have never had the signal of my tables look like that, it always resembles a circle, but I use Serato vinyl not Traktor.
Olga Matusik
Before i start just like to thank you for the reply "awesome" Dude If you could map Virtual Dj to the z2 Im willing to pay! at this stage i can't even get both Turntables to work? it picks up only one deck and when i change the settings in config's - no difference as shown in the pic below. my email is [email protected] 994074_10202692621499385_1770736035_n.jpg
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
I would love to take your money if you want it in midi and can supply the midi schematic of what messages everything sends and receives as a default. You would get the information from the controller editor. I would also need the information the device is recognized with "SysEx or VID&PID"

I would charge $40 one can pay or you can both split it I'm not fussed... For that you would get a midi definition file and a mapping with any functionality you want. But I can't guarantee the loopsize screen will work as it may be strictly NHL, if it's midi it can work in VDJ but I can't see it in the recent mapper for the X1 mk2 by djdad so it's doubtful. and this guy can't even get the headphones to work in traktor so that probably wont work either.

Gene Beauplan
Would pay money to get this mapping.. *hint*
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
It will be possible if the Z2 sends midi. If it's HID you could do it too but I know nothing about it, and you would need to contact techNZ in the VDJ Forum for any help.

To map in midi you first need to make a definition file. It is just a simple xml document that tells vdj the details about your controls. If you have a registered version of VDJ Pro you can get a windows app to help with definitions. Otherwise you can use any text editor to create one.

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Contro...efinition.html

this thread is where cstoll explained it to me very thoroughly.

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy