Official Pioneer DDJ-SX Traktor mapping

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Official Pioneer DDJ-SX Traktor mappingReply
Official Pioneer DDJ-SX Traktor mapping
Posted on: 09.12.2013 by Trula Willadsen
So they've finally decided to release it...

It's for download on their page right here:
http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/support/so...J-SX/page.html

Curious to hear your experiences!
Oswaldo Appeldorn
Originally Posted by DJ Launch
Works extremely well - it is midi so not perfect for scratching, but you can somewhat adjust. I didn't play with my Latency so maybe you can get it tighter.

In sync mode it handles the pitch slider really well - this works great in Searto. In most mappings I've played with when you switch your current deck to Sync Master and adjust the pitch fader it jumps back to the original tempo.

It doesn't do loop rolls which the other mappings do.

Otherwise great. I'll probably stick to my personal mapping which is closer to Serato - I don't have the remix decks on the pads for instance since I use the F1's...
Oh good to know but i'm wondering How to get a tighter scratch i see in the mapping That we CAN change the Jog turn percent... Maybe we CAN get it.
Trula Willadsen
So they've finally decided to release it...

It's for download on their page right here:
http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/support/so...J-SX/page.html

Curious to hear your experiences!
Oswaldo Appeldorn
Originally Posted by DJ Launch
Works extremely well - it is midi so not perfect for scratching, but you can somewhat adjust. I didn't play with my Latency so maybe you can get it tighter.

In sync mode it handles the pitch slider really well - this works great in Searto. In most mappings I've played with when you switch your current deck to Sync Master and adjust the pitch fader it jumps back to the original tempo.

Otherwise great. I'll probably stick to my personal mapping which is closer to Serato - I don't have the remix decks on the pads for instance since I use the F1's...
Oh good to know but i'm wondering How to get a tighter scratch i see in the mapping That we CAN change the Jog turn percent... Maybe we CAN get it.
Rochel Papillion
Its not officially for the SR but I guess both controllers share same codes so it works (kinda).
I tried it and it did same thing on Mixvibes Cross
Trula Willadsen
They released it for the SR as well? Might as well test it myself btw, just waiting for some spare time!
Drew Leifker

Rochel Papillion
I have the ddj sr, and I used the mapping and it works pretty well. Kinda glad I bought a DDJ
Jeanene Bartmess
Anyone had a chance to test how well integrated this is?

Whilst this sounds like great news, I'm guessing the integration is all MIDI based, i.e. non NHL (which is 4x higher resolution I believe?), so the jog wheel resolution for example will be lower than the NI hardware (S2/S4 etc) or HID hardware (like the CDJ2000's).

Is anyone able to comment on their experience?

I would LOVE for this to work perfectly and would pick up an SX in an instant if it does, but I'm a bit dubious as I doubt NI had any part to play in this mapping, and therefore it's only going to be about as good as most other 3rd party mappings already available?

Would love to be wrong!
Drew Leifker
I'll go through this today and let you know my thoughts.

I was just finishing my own mapping... Really interested to see if the jog wheels perform any better for scratch...

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy