Confusing situation

Confusing situation
Posted on: 28.09.2013 by Britni Pinamonti
hello!

I have a problem i just can not understand!

I have 2 new stanton st.150 turntables and around 80 new records!

All of them play well except 3!

2 of these records keep on skipping on the same place when i play it with stulys/needle 1 (When i play these records with stulys/needle 2 there is no skipping)

And then with one record it is the oposite! stulys 2 skips on the same place while playing the record, while stulys 1 dont skip at all!?

How could i possible now what is the problem? It is really weird!'

Stulys 1 stops skipping if i set anti skate to 0 for some reason...

My first thought was that the records was of a bad press and my second that one of the stulys/needle was bad but since both of the stulys react different depending on record i dont know!

Weight on the tone arm is set to 3 grams and anti skate on 3.

Do you believe it is the records that is the problem here?
Britni Pinamonti
hello!

I have a problem i just can not understand!

I have 2 new stanton st.150 turntables and around 80 new records!

All of them play well except 3!

2 of these records keep on skipping on the same place when i play it with stulys/needle 1 (When i play these records with stulys/needle 2 there is no skipping)

And then with one record it is the oposite! stulys 2 skips on the same place while playing the record, while stulys 1 dont skip at all!?

How could i possible now what is the problem? It is really weird!'

Stulys 1 stops skipping if i set anti skate to 0 for some reason...

My first thought was that the records was of a bad press and my second that one of the stulys/needle was bad but since both of the stulys react different depending on record i dont know!

Weight on the tone arm is set to 3 grams and anti skate on 3.

Do you believe it is the records that is the problem here?
Lauri Reinhart
It could be a number of things but when it gets to where it skips take a look at the vinyl at that point. If its a scratch or debris you can take a small sewing needle and gently remove it or smooth the grove out so it wont skip.
Yong Aptekar
Probably your records problem. 3 out of 80 ain't bad. Might be a scratch, might be something involving he groove that one needle hits.

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy