z2 faceplate replacement process?

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: z2 faceplate replacement process?Reply
z2 faceplate replacement process?
Posted on: 11.07.2013 by Rufus Ondrick
Hey guys my z2's crossfader and line faders paint are chipping and wearing off even though i've only had it roughly a month and its been lightly used. ive read on the NI Forum that i could get it replaced but i could not find the process on how to do this. does anyone have a similar issue? or have any idea how i could get a replacement?
Gaynell Shillito
Best way is to open a ticket or if no response ( give them some time ) give them a call under tech support
Tanner Adis
Originally Posted by fokaisnake
anyone receive their replacement yet? Got mine but its not shiny like the original at all Looks like they skipped the clear coat process
The replacements aren't shiny they kinda match the side-panels on the mixer.
Federico Vilas
Looks like ima have to submit a ticket finally after all that smack I talked haha... Mine is not bad at all. It's weird

image.jpg
Tanner Adis
Originally Posted by DjLiquitATL
I don't understand how everyone is having issues with the faceplate paint. don't drag your hand on the faceplate and/or CUT your long ass nails I have never had issues with any of my mixers and faceplate being worn out from my lazy ass resting my hand on the mixer...

haha, sorry, just saying, i've had mine for almost a month now, practice 1-2 hours a day and it still looks brand spankin new
Mine actually faded and I'm not rough on my stuff at all. I believe its a matter of which batch you purchased. The 1st generation are shit!!
Ervin Calvery
haha, sorry, just saying, i've had mine for almost a month now, practice 1-2 hours a day and it still looks brand spankin new
Are you just mixing or are you a turntablist? In my first week I began to lose paint. Shiftee (best groomed fingernails in the business) cut on it once, and all of the paint was gone on one side. My crossfader paint, in all, lasted about eleven days.

I'm on the list for a replacement. Maybe someone on the NI community s has received one by now?
Izola Tamborello
Originally Posted by dripstep
In the spirit of diy, I believe you should make your own faceplate.
or u could get a decal rap...
Rufus Ondrick
Hey guys my z2's crossfader and line faders paint are chipping and wearing off even though i've only had it roughly a month and its been lightly used. ive read on the NI Forum that i could get it replaced but i could not find the process on how to do this. does anyone have a similar issue? or have any idea how i could get a replacement?
Federico Vilas
If you use the service center link it will take you right to it
Reda Holdsworth
I don't see where you can open a support ticket on NI's website?
Rufus Ondrick
yeah i got mine about 2 weeks ago.. finally. and its not bad i actually kind of like the new faceplate.
Tanner Adis
Originally Posted by fokaisnake
anyone receive their replacement yet? Got mine but its not shiny like the original at all Looks like they skipped the clear coat process
The replacements aren't shiny they kinda match the side-panels on the mixer.
Federico Vilas
Looks like ima have to submit a ticket finally after all that smack I talked haha... Mine is not bad at all. It's weird

image.jpg
Nevada Edgette
Federico Vilas
Final testing ...right...they should have done that before they released it
Nevada Edgette
Got an email from NI Support about my replacement:

"Hello,
Native Instruments is performing final testing before shipping. It is my understanding that our replacement
facility will be shipping by the end of July."
Federico Vilas
I also believe since I know there is an issue I'm more careful. I still have never bad any wear at all with all the mixers I have owned in 13 years. Turntabilist or not I'm on this thing scratching more then mixing... I would say I'm intermediate skill level on scratching and got mixes on point
Tanner Adis
I don't understand how everyone is having issues with the faceplate paint. don't drag your hand on the faceplate and/or CUT your long ass nails I have never had issues with any of my mixers and faceplate being worn out from my lazy ass resting my hand on the mixer...

Mine actually faded and I'm not rough on my stuff at all. I believe its a matter of which batch you purchased. The 1st generation are shit!!
Nevada Edgette
Put a ticket out about 3 months and im still waiting for my replacement.
Federico Vilas
I mix and scratch... Everyone's style is different... I don't drag my fingers on the mixer
Ervin Calvery
Are you just mixing or are you a turntablist? In my first week I began to lose paint. Shiftee (best groomed fingernails in the business) cut on it once, and all of the paint was gone on one side. My crossfader paint, in all, lasted about eleven days.

I'm on the list for a replacement. Maybe someone on the NI community s has received one by now?
Federico Vilas

Izola Tamborello
Originally Posted by dripstep
or u could get a decal rap...
Yong Aptekar
Rufus Ondrick
i did but i didnt get a reply yet itsbeen 3 days so is there a specific department i have to contact?
Nedra Fresneda
Did you open a support ticket at their site?

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy