Sl1210/Sl1200 Mk3 pitch fader into Mk2

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: Sl1210/Sl1200 Mk3 pitch fader into Mk2Reply
Sl1210/Sl1200 Mk3 pitch fader into Mk2
Posted on: 05.12.2013 by Marybeth Vengoechea
Can you replace the Sl1210 Mk2 pitch fader for a Mk3 one.

The reason I am asking is because mine could do with replacing anyway and the Mk3s don't have a centre de-tent

Thank you in advance
dan samo
Originally Posted by LoopCat
You can buy plenty of mk3/5 pitch sliders
I was referring to the whole pitch assembly, including the PCB. As far as I know, the pitch-sliders are basically the same on all (analogue) versions of the TT's.
dan samo
Originally Posted by nobbycossie

The reason I am asking is because mine could do with replacing anyway and the Mk3s don't have a centre de-tent

Thank you in advance
Mk3's will be relatively hard to find, as far as I know, because of limited availability of the stock. M3D's will be easier to find but their circuit-board comes with a pitch-reset button that you will struggle to fit into the body of the standard 1200/1210MK1/MK2. Your best bet if you want to replace the pitch is to either simply replace the slider-only or the whole circuit-board (which doesn't vary from deck to deck, as far as I know, except in minor specs - and in the case of the M5G digital pitch of course), and then remove the ballbearing that actually causes the centre detent. This is a very small fix and can be done in about 5 minutes, whilst you have the TT open.

Think that's probably the best option for you mate... I say this as someone with an M3D and an ordinary 1210MK2, and I simply removed the ballbearing on the latter to get the smooth pitch transition of the former. No difference in performance at all (except the M3D's calibrate slightly differently).
Marybeth Vengoechea

Thank you in advance
dan samo
Originally Posted by LoopCat
I was referring to the whole pitch assembly, including the PCB. As far as I know, the pitch-sliders are basically the same on all (analogue) versions of the TT's.
Marybeth Vengoechea
I will take them apart in the week and maybe just remove the ball bearing.
I wasn't aware you could just remove that, thought you had to upgrade the slider.

Many thanks again
Ming Devis
dan samo
Originally Posted by nobbycossie

Thank you in advance
Mk3's will be relatively hard to find, as far as I know, because of limited availability of the stock. M3D's will be easier to find but their circuit-board comes with a pitch-reset button that you will struggle to fit into the body of the standard 1200/1210MK1/MK2. Your best bet if you want to replace the pitch is to either simply replace the slider-only or the whole circuit-board (which doesn't vary from deck to deck, as far as I know, except in minor specs - and in the case of the M5G digital pitch of course), and then remove the ballbearing that actually causes the centre detent. This is a very small fix and can be done in about 5 minutes, whilst you have the TT open.

Think that's probably the best option for you mate... I say this as someone with an M3D and an ordinary 1210MK2, and I simply removed the ballbearing on the latter to get the smooth pitch transition of the former. No difference in performance at all (except the M3D's calibrate slightly differently).
Marybeth Vengoechea
Cheers for the reply

Will have a look at just getting the slider, its cheaper anyway!
Ming Devis
Ahh I've never done that sorry mate. Slider replacement is fine though
Marybeth Vengoechea
I was hoping so!

What do I do with the pitch reset button? Just remove it?

I was going to replace the complete pitch fader (including pcb board)
Ming Devis
Yep works perfectly.

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy