Traktor s4 and macbook pro setup issues with headphones - numark phx usb

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: Traktor s4 and macbook pro setup issues with headphones - numark phx usbReply
Traktor s4 and macbook pro setup issues with headphones - numark phx usb
Posted on: 22.11.2013 by Kristofer Novel
Hi there everyone

I have just treated myself to the new S4 mk2. I have 2011 Macbook pro.

I simply connected the S4 and it auto mapped itself to the my exsisting Traktor pro software already installed on my mac.

Now my issue is the headphones and speakers. I simply want to run my logitech laptop speakers. NI instructed me to:

Just open Traktor - Preferences -> Audio Setup -> Audio Device and chose "build
in", then the sound will come out of your computer speakers and you can still
control the software with the S4.

So i did that, but I still have no sound coming through the headphones via the jack at the front of the S4 - am I right to expect that the headphones will act as monitor headphones( via the front jack) or do I have to set something else up like my Numark PHX USB headphones, which Is what I used to use before with Traktor and a M-Audio Torq Xponent.

Please help!

Cheers

Shane
Kristofer Novel
Originally Posted by VanGogo
You can just go to Radio Shack and get an adapter that takes the 3.5mm stereo jack from your speakers, and turns it into 2 RCA's that you will plug into the outs on the S4. Then select the S4 sound card in Traktor.
Ok, I did wonder if I had speakers plugged in at the back then all would be fine.

Can I ask you then, the headphone jack at the front - once I plug in my headphones, these will auto be monitor headphones?
Kristofer Novel
Hi there everyone

I have just treated myself to the new S4 mk2. I have 2011 Macbook pro.

I simply connected the S4 and it auto mapped itself to the my exsisting Traktor pro software already installed on my mac.

Now my issue is the headphones and speakers. I simply want to run my logitech laptop speakers. NI instructed me to:

Just open Traktor - Preferences -> Audio Setup -> Audio Device and chose "build
in", then the sound will come out of your computer speakers and you can still
control the software with the S4.

So i did that, but I still have no sound coming through the headphones via the jack at the front of the S4 - am I right to expect that the headphones will act as monitor headphones( via the front jack) or do I have to set something else up like my Numark PHX USB headphones, which Is what I used to use before with Traktor and a M-Audio Torq Xponent.

Please help!

Cheers

Shane
Kristofer Novel
Originally Posted by VanGogo
You can just go to Radio Shack and get an adapter that takes the 3.5mm stereo jack from your speakers, and turns it into 2 RCA's that you will plug into the outs on the S4. Then select the S4 sound card in Traktor.
Ok, I did wonder if I had speakers plugged in at the back then all would be fine.

Can I ask you then, the headphone jack at the front - once I plug in my headphones, these will auto be monitor headphones?
Charline Dye

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy