My loft setup

My loft setup
Posted on: 02.04.2012 by Caleb Demillo
Here's some pictures of my setup in my loft, which I call "bluedoor" (since all the doors in the building are a very bright blue, why not? Secret lounge.).

The lighting came about over time. The initial idea was that the LED lighting could also be used for accent lighting. It expanded from there...

All lights and visuals are controllable via an iPad, which triggers cues and scenes in ShowCad Artist and Modul8.

DJ Gear:
- DJ Booth by http://dualsf.com
- 2 Technics SL-1200 MG5 turntables w/Shure whitelabel carts
- 2 Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus's
- Rane MP2016s + XP 2016s rotary mixer
- Rane ME15s EQ
- American Audio dbDisplay LED meter
- 2 KRK Rokkit RP6 Gen 2 Monitors
- Macbook Pro 15", i7 2.4GHz
- NI Traktor Scratch Pro 2.0
- 2 NI Kontrol X1 controllers

Lighting:
- ShowCad Artist 3 DMX Console
- 8 Chauvet Colorband Tri LED strips
- 4 Chauvet Q-Spot 260 moving heads
- 3 Chauvet Colorstrip Mini LED strips
- 1 Chauvet Colorband Tri LED strip
- 2 Chauvet LED Shadow black lights
- 1 Chauvet Impulse 648 Strobe
- Chauvet GBC green/blue laser
- Chauvet Hurricane 1100 Fog Machine

Visuals:
- Modul8 Visualization Software
- Epson 8700UB Projector

Control:
- Apple iPad
- Liine Lemur App

Production:
- Apple Logic Pro 9
- Ableton Live Suite 8
- Properllerhead Reason 6
- NI Komplete 8
- NI Maschine II
- M-Audio Axiom Pro 49
- 2 KRK Rokkit RP6 Gen 2 Monitors

(yours truly!)

Caleb Demillo
Originally Posted by Fraa
I just read every friggin post in this thread, this is simply awe-inspiring. What else can I say? I believe what describes it best is this:

Does anyone have the problem sometimes that when you're DJing at home, you're not really feeling it? Like, you're not REALLY in the mood? I don't believe Ryan has that problem, I would go nuts in that place, every single time!

Respect man, you really made it happen!
I used to own the 10s... I had to get rid of it... Bass is super super bass-y in here. It's a very live room, so you get plenty of bass from the Rokkits and my home theater 10" sub.

And yeah, I like my place not trash, plus I'm almost 38, not really interested in raging parties these days... more chillout lounge
Dannie Dimora
Originally Posted by Ryan Ruel
Actually they are Rokkit 6's. The whole booth is also connected up to my home theater setup.

It's more or less an issue of neighbors. There's no way in hell I could run any sort of club sound in my building.
Well that's a shame... But in all honesty i wouldn't be throwing crazy-arse parties in such a beautiful loft anyways, so i wouldn't probably need club sound.
But still... Damn... I love having thumping bass when i mix :P i don't know how you can go without...
Ever thought about the 10s?
Caleb Demillo
Originally Posted by Polygon
I still wonder... Only two 8" KRKs in a loft that is otherwise competing with top clubs? Why is that?
Actually they are Rokkit 6's. The whole booth is also connected up to my home theater setup.

It's more or less an issue of neighbors. There's no way in hell I could run any sort of club sound in my building.
Keitha Prichard
what i should say as i am speechless and mindless to see the sheer beauty .. loving it a lot man
Temple Cervelli
Woah!!! This isn't a setup, it's a RAVE!!! Haha, seriously man, that is the most impressive home DJ room ive ever seen.. I'd love that, parties all the time!!

Very very nice
Marci Pavloff
This is........................ DJ HEAVEN
Galen Fraile
thissss guyyy
Dotty Petteys
wow thats amazing!!
Ngoc Ninow
You are my hero. This my friend, is pure class!
Caleb Demillo
Originally Posted by Fraa
I just read every friggin post in this thread, this is simply awe-inspiring. What else can I say? I believe what describes it best is this:

Does anyone have the problem sometimes that when you're DJing at home, you're not really feeling it? Like, you're not REALLY in the mood? I don't believe Ryan has that problem, I would go nuts in that place, every single time!

I used to own the 10s... I had to get rid of it... Bass is super super bass-y in here. It's a very live room, so you get plenty of bass from the Rokkits and my home theater 10" sub.

And yeah, I like my place not trash, plus I'm almost 38, not really interested in raging parties these days... more chillout lounge
Dannie Dimora

Well that's a shame... But in all honesty i wouldn't be throwing crazy-arse parties in such a beautiful loft anyways, so i wouldn't probably need club sound.
But still... Damn... I love having thumping bass when i mix :P i don't know how you can go without...
Ever thought about the 10s?
Caleb Demillo
Originally Posted by Polygon
I still wonder... Only two 8" KRKs in a loft that is otherwise competing with top clubs? Why is that?

Dannie Dimora
Cori Ozanich
Holy mother of god, I believe we have a winner.
Treva Carinio

Haydee Timlin
wow, congrats to your awesome setup. btw. i found this thread because i just ordered a rane mp/xp 2016s mixer. i like to fit the mixer in the table, but the 2016 has such a small overlap at the top/bottom it seems hard to fit it in without a little gap top/bottom. do you have any advice to avoid the gaps? or maybe more detailed photos how its done in your setup? thanks in advance!
Lorraine Vandemark
That's amazing. Really wish I could afford something like that. Then again I would be happy with just the cdjs
Dannie Dimora
Originally Posted by thesalivationarmy
yes. yes you do.
+1
Caleb Demillo
I actually downgraded today. Took down the fog machine, panels in the kitchen, and the laser and sold them.

They were the most visible lights in my space, decided to make it look a bit less club like and am sick of cleaning up the fog film.

I still have plenty lol.
Rachael Tureson
I own.
yes. yes you do.
Caleb Demillo
Originally Posted by dirty moose
Did you buy or are you renting?
I own.
Rita Debar
Did you buy or are you renting?
Gema Misselhorn
Dude that set up is amazing! I just got so much inspiration from looking at it haha gonna work so much harder now thanks for that!
Freddie Farringer
holy shit epic set up
Janyce Henningson
Such a cool place to party.

I don't normally bother commenting in this section because most are just stuff people have bought and put on an Ikea bookshelf
(thats what I have as well btw not having a go)

But yours is different, I believe everyone on here - shit everyone anywhere - would like somewhere like that to hang out - and if you get to be the dj, even better.

Very very nice Ryan
Sylvia Greener
Thanks a lot! Totally made my day!
I believe they will have to exclude you from this year's setup competition, otherwise there's no chance you won't win it again
Caleb Demillo
Originally Posted by RockingClub
Still freaking awesome! I bet I could watch thousands of pics of your living room and still wouldn't get tired of it.
If you sometime get another chance to provide some motion pictures, I assure you DJTT will go nuts!
Your wish is granted. I added a new video to the top of the thread.
Anh Pagliuco
kevin flynn of dj lighting
lmfao
Sylvia Greener
Still freaking awesome! I bet I could watch thousands of pics of your living room and still wouldn't get tired of it.
If you sometime get another chance to provide some motion pictures, I assure you DJTT will go nuts!
Caleb Demillo
A few new pics:

Georgie Lukowiak
Originally Posted by Excluded
jizzed in my pants
that makes two of us
Yukiko Spruell
I really love this set up and the apartment but if it were mine I would definatley be replicating this in it

hacfloor_zps8579cd3e.jpg
Caleb Demillo
Originally Posted by larry82
Those day time photos explain a lot. I see its open plan, I wondered why the living room ceiling was so high. Looks very industrial with that grey pipe running across. Very nice setup there. If I had a quarter of your kit I would be happy :-)
Yes, it is an old factory building, built in 1903 to manufacturing printing presses.
Katina Vonarx
Those day time photos explain a lot. I see its open plan, I wondered why the living room ceiling was so high. Looks very industrial with that grey pipe running across. Very nice setup there. If I had a quarter of your kit I would be happy :-)
Caleb Demillo
Originally Posted by larry82
Your energy bill must be as high as your ceilings !
It is slightly elevated. I don't exactly leave the system on for long periods All of the lights are LED as well.
Katina Vonarx
Your energy bill must be as high as your ceilings !
Caleb Demillo
Originally Posted by Aleeeeeks
wow wtf this is epic as shit. you live in LA?
Nope, Boston.
Javier Rowinsky
would love to shoot a video or stills in your pad. maybe we can work a deal out i got some people wanting to make promo dj videos but in an interesting set up. your spot looks perfect for this idea
Javier Rowinsky
wow wtf this is epic as shit. you live in LA?
Caleb Demillo
Thanks!

Oh I just added Ableton Push. Oooh. I don't have many pics of the production side.

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy