Running Scratch Live & Serato DJ on one machine: can i have two seperate databases?

Home :: Anything on the Serato :: Running Scratch Live & Serato DJ on one machine: can i have two seperate databases?Reply
Running Scratch Live & Serato DJ on one machine: can i have two seperate databases?
Posted on: 14.05.2013 by Yen Trichell
Looking for some insight on how I might do this.

I want to use Serato Scratch Live and Serato DJ on one laptop, but
keep their databases seperately. Serato DJ can't handle my Scratch Live database.
It's too big and crashes. I figure if i keep a seperate DB for DJ, then I can keep it small,
and make use of my VCI-380 controller.

Anyone have a guide on how I might do that? Is it possible?
Yen Trichell
Looking for some insight on how I might do this.

I want to use Serato Scratch Live and Serato DJ on one laptop, but
keep their databases seperately. Serato DJ can't handle my Scratch Live database.
It's too big and crashes. I figure if i keep a seperate DB for DJ, then I can keep it small,
and make use of my VCI-380 controller.

Anyone have a guide on how I might do that? Is it possible?
Jacquie Whipp
It's possible, yes. Basically you just need to rename your _Serato_ folder in your Music folder (or external drive if you use one). I assume you current _Serato_ folder is for Scratch Live, so rename it something like _Serato_SL. Now, open Serato DJ, and you should have a blank library/database. Make your crates and whatnot. Now close Serato DJ. You should now notice you have a new _Serato_ folder. Rename this one something like _Serato_SDJ.

Now, depending on which program you want to use, just rename the respective folder back to just _Serato_ and open then program. Repeat steps when wanting to use the other program.
Larita Smaga
Search for 'Scratch Live - How to make multiple libraries' on YouTube.

It's a hassle though.

<< Back to Anything on the SeratoReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy