VCI-400 with incorrect mappings for Serato DJ

Home :: Anything on the Serato :: VCI-400 with incorrect mappings for Serato DJReply
VCI-400 with incorrect mappings for Serato DJ
Posted on: 13.07.2013 by Jacquiline Delony
I recently purchased a used VCI-400 mixer off eBay. It seemed to work for the most part when I first fired it up with Serato DJ, but I found some oddities. For decks C/D, the play/cue buttons were off by one on both sides. The cue points seemed to be working fine, until I tried to cear one after setting a loop and then suddently Cue1/2 turned into Loop in/out. I tried updating all the firmware to the latest versions for Serato DJ according to their website, rebooting my laptop, and I still have the same issues. Here are my firmware versions:

FirmUp: 00 02 00 03
Audio Device Contorl Panel:
Version ID: 0x1AA1
Product ID: 0x0231
Revision ID: 0x2100
Serial Number: 0000

I'm on Windows 8/x64 on an i5 laptop. I've got a question posted on the Serato fourms, but since it's the weekend, I don't expect an answer until next week.

http://serato.com/community /discussion/1055333

I was just wondering if anyone here might have had a similar problem and know how to resolve it.
Jacquiline Delony
Originally Posted by geminimech
There's one for Intro available on Vestax's website that seems to cover most of the controls, but I wouldn't know if it misses any layered functionality available (if there is any)
Oh cool. I totally missed that on their website. It's free too! I just sent off for mine, but even having the screen shot up helps a ton. Thanks!
Jacquiline Delony
I recently purchased a used VCI-400 mixer off eBay. It seemed to work for the most part when I first fired it up with Serato DJ, but I found some oddities. For decks C/D, the play/cue buttons were off by one on both sides. The cue points seemed to be working fine, until I tried to cear one after setting a loop and then suddently Cue1/2 turned into Loop in/out. I tried updating all the firmware to the latest versions for Serato DJ according to their website, rebooting my laptop, and I still have the same issues. Here are my firmware versions:

FirmUp: 00 02 00 03
Audio Device Contorl Panel:
Version ID: 0x1AA1
Product ID: 0x0231
Revision ID: 0x2100
Serial Number: 0000

I'm on Windows 8/x64 on an i5 laptop. I've got a question posted on the Serato fourms, but since it's the weekend, I don't expect an answer until next week.

http://serato.com/community /discussion/1055333

I was just wondering if anyone here might have had a similar problem and know how to resolve it.
Malka Wickerham
VCI 400DJ
Looks like it may have a different sound card? Nice anyways.
Jacquiline Delony
Originally Posted by geminimech
There's one for Intro available on Vestax's website that seems to cover most of the controls, but I wouldn't know if it misses any layered functionality available (if there is any)
Oh cool. I totally missed that on their website. It's free too! I just sent off for mine, but even having the screen shot up helps a ton. Thanks!
Verlene Geevarghese
Jacquiline Delony
I'm a moron. Since I bought it used, I didn't realize it still had the Traktor decales on it. My last controller was an NS7, one specifically built for Serato and I forgot the VCI-400 was more general purpose.

Are there Serato DJ overlays for the VCI-400? I know there's a VCI-400DJ special edition that has the Serato DJ controls printed on the controller itself, but are those available as their own sticker sheet?

<< Back to Anything on the SeratoReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy