Serato Performace Vinyl

Home :: Anything on the Serato :: Serato Performace VinylReply
Serato Performace Vinyl
Posted on: 14.06.2012 by Cristian Carmona
Holy COW! i got my glow in the dark timecodes yesterday and talk about a huge upgrade from the previous timecodes. Its said that the signal is +6db louder, I really couldnt hear it, cause well im 1/2 deaf. But the tracking was amazing.

Anyone else try this suckers out yet? Im going to pick up some black ones for home & practice use next.
Audrey Pinda
Originally Posted by DJ
anyone else get to jump on the Lost My Marbles Orange/Blue/Purple TC's?
I went with the orange ones, really like them. Orange is kind of thing I really love though, so go figure. Thinking about getting a second set as a backup actually. I'm kind of a whore for these colored vinyl honestly. I have the glow-in-the-dark which I had been using mainly in the past few months, and the green for home practice.

Audrey Pinda
Originally Posted by DJ JesC
it was a pain in the butt with the really slow scratches. I had set my threshold to -60 or so and it felt like regular vinyl to me. With the new vinyl it pretty insane. Not to be a fan boy, it beats the crap out of the traktor vinyl. I have tried the MK2. Im still jelly about about the hybrid rel/abs with the traktor vinyl with you put the needle at the start of the vinyl.

Cant wait for Q-bert to do a Traktor & Serato timecode follow up video with the new vinyl.
Have you tried relative mode with absolute drop? That solved a LOT of the issues I had enjoying absolute mode, but then wanting the features from relative. It's a check mark somewhere in the settings.

I'm really interested in this glow-in-the-dark vinyl. Has it been released already or are we still waiting? Going to buy a pair of those IMMEDIATELY if I still can. Otherwise, the Deep Purple is pretty damned sexy.
Cristian Carmona
Originally Posted by Patch
Really? You couldn't do chirps with the previous timecode???

Anyone know if the new timecode works with other DJ software? I currently use serato vinyl with DJ Decks - might consider some new 12's if they work.....
it was a pain in the butt with the really slow scratches. I had set my threshold to -60 or so and it felt like regular vinyl to me. With the new vinyl it pretty insane. Not to be a fan boy, it beats the crap out of the traktor vinyl. I have tried the MK2. Im still jelly about about the hybrid rel/abs with the traktor vinyl with you put the needle at the start of the vinyl.

Cant wait for Q-bert to do a Traktor & Serato timecode follow up video with the new vinyl.
Dione Haimes

Anyone know if the new timecode works with other DJ software? I currently use serato vinyl with DJ Decks - might consider some new 12's if they work.....
i could, but not properly. compared to real scratch vinyl there was a delay and i would miss the sound completely with the cf, the ps gives less of a lag
Danial Sawn
Originally Posted by ctg23
link for these??
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=serato+performance+vinyl
Cristian Carmona
Holy COW! i got my glow in the dark timecodes yesterday and talk about a huge upgrade from the previous timecodes. Its said that the signal is +6db louder, I really couldnt hear it, cause well im 1/2 deaf. But the tracking was amazing.

Anyone else try this suckers out yet? Im going to pick up some black ones for home & practice use next.
Tonita Mujanovic
i got : purple marble ( x2 ) , green performance ( x4 ) , clear ( x4) , black first editions sealed ( x2 ) , newer black ones ( x4 ) , 4 of each from the LYM series. opened 2 of each keeping 2 of each sealed because their value increases 8) ( orange / blue / pink )
personally for scratching i prefer the clear ones, for me they feel more confortable and easier, for just mixing i like using the green ones or purple marble since they have the crate browse and the track browse on them, if you get used to moving your needle to those sections of the timecode you can do your whole show only using the turntables / vinyls 8)
Audrey Pinda
Originally Posted by DJ
I went with the orange ones, really like them. Orange is kind of thing I really love though, so go figure. Thinking about getting a second set as a backup actually. I'm kind of a whore for these colored vinyl honestly. I have the glow-in-the-dark which I had been using mainly in the past few months, and the green for home practice.

Rena Estabrook
Impressive. Got my second pair and not warped or bowled. Just flat.
Chet Gatts
I personally loved the original blacks. They had the weight I needed for scratching. But since the 2.0 all of them feel slightly heavier and the tracking is much better. Have the glow in the darks and the doo doo browns as I like to call them. I use the browns a lot more. The glow in the darks don't really glow unless you keep them under some light. I'm sure they show up better in black lights.
Rena Estabrook
Finally got a pair. The pair I have doesn't appear warped at all. I can't expect the standard control vinyl to be perfect. Getting another pair and checking for consistency. In terms of performance, I can't tell a difference.
Cristian Carmona
Federico Vilas
i'm waiting on my blue performance control records now BUT my clear mk1's work just fine...although I set the innofader extra, extra sharp so DVS scratching would feel normal...idk if its the inno or the ttm57 latency is just that good...BUT I hated DVS scratching in TSP
Freddie Henrichs
Just bought a pink pair, sound great, but I cant tell!
Audrey Pinda
FYI most of the colors are available now at the online serato store. Just picked up some Greens and Glow-in-the-Dark earlier this week, already in. LOVE EM
Dione Haimes
Apart from the blacks theyre all limited AFAIK, gotta keep your eyes open at GC, 1stopDJshop and agiprodj, theyre the main stockists of the ps series.
Audrey Pinda
Originally Posted by DJ JesC

Have you tried relative mode with absolute drop? That solved a LOT of the issues I had enjoying absolute mode, but then wanting the features from relative. It's a check mark somewhere in the settings.

I'm really interested in this glow-in-the-dark vinyl. Has it been released already or are we still waiting? Going to buy a pair of those IMMEDIATELY if I still can. Otherwise, the Deep Purple is pretty damned sexy.
Cristian Carmona

Dione Haimes

i could, but not properly. compared to real scratch vinyl there was a delay and i would miss the sound completely with the cf, the ps gives less of a lag
Brunilda Kora
I got the blacks through yesterday, tried em for a bit basic scratching i can can finally do chirps on timecode now!

Danial Sawn
Originally Posted by ctg23
link for these??
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=serato+performance+vinyl
Leigh Dollyhigh
link for these??
Dione Haimes
I got the blacks through yesterday, tried em for a bit basic scratching i can can finally do chirps on timecode now!
serato > traktor.

<< Back to Anything on the SeratoReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy