Vestax VCI 100 MK2 and Traktor

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: Vestax VCI 100 MK2 and TraktorReply
Vestax VCI 100 MK2 and Traktor
Posted on: 11.07.2013 by Brandy Widmer
Hi there,

I have a query about the above named controller.

I have recently bought it and have just downloaded Traktor pro 2. Thing is, I have connected my Vestax to my (brothers) Mac book pro but the "data send" light on the controller is not working. The controller is on and going through USB but the controller is not working in conjunction with Traktor.

Now, I've gone to the set up wizard on Traktor pro but for some reason, I simply (and I'm sure it's something very simple that I am not doing) cannot get my controller linked. I have tried various ways to set up but it's just not happening.

I have only started getting back into dj'ing (Technics 1210 fan) after 8 year respite. Technology is presenting a slight challenge, to say the least.

Any help/advice would be very much appreciated.

Cheers
Ben
Armando Waithour
that
Brandy Widmer
Hey mate,

thanks for your detailed reply. I went through the following steps, as instructed.

Turn the macbook on and plug in the vci.
-First press "⌘ + Shift + U" and open the Audio-MIDI-Setup.app.
is the vci
Armando Waithour
so it seems your controller is not broken! the sync problem on traktor LE might come from firmware changes. The LE version doesn
Brandy Widmer
[QUOTE=c0nsul;635798]connect your vci to your macbook. turn vci on.
do any leds light up? do you use a power adapter?

The Power light is on and I am using USB, "not" Power adaptor.

I go to "Set-up wizard", click on Yes for external controller. Click on "Vestax" and "VCI-100 MK2 PRO". Click "No" for external mixer. Click "2 decks + 2 remix decks" and close.

In "Audio set up", it says "Please check your audio routing". It says in Audio device - VCI-100MK2 DJ-Controller (not connected). I click on arrow, it offers "Built-in (Core Audio) or "BoomDevice (Core Audio). I choose "Built in".

Output routing - Internal - I go to Output Master, Output L for L and Output R for R

Internal routing - Input Deck A - L Mono - 1. Microphone L. 2. R - Microphone R
Input Deck B - L (Mono) 1. Microphone L. R. Microphone R

I am using it on my brothers Mac book pro, my Macbook wouldn't download Traktor2 pro (capabilities). Now, I have just switched my controller over to my Macbook, and the controller works fine with Traktor Le, except that it doesn't mix in synch. Power light on and Data send light flashing when I adjust knobs, crossfader etc.

did you import a tsi-file for your vci into traktor? (look into traktor
Armando Waithour
connect your vci to your macbook. turn vci on.

Luigi Lacayo
i also have the same problem with this particular Device, i have tried numerous USB cables with it and that is while going throught all the headache of removing and reinstalling the Asio drivers before trying again and have also tried the same method while using the external power cable as opposed to running it from a USB connection but they just dont seem to want to work again, im distraught to say the least they are less than 12months old! i suppose i can take comfort with one small positive discovery which is although they fail to be recognised as a midi device an any of my 3 laptops i have at home it does seem to function when connected to my friends 2 month old lenovo i7 system. i believe ive come to the conclusion that the USB ports in 2 of my laptops have some how become ever so slightly loose (although this is unnoticable when plugging any other external peripheral into them, and to be clear these include USB and mains powered HDD/optical drives, docking stations and My numark NS6 controller) i was looking forward now to parting with the Vestax now as i have of course recently upgraded to an NS6 controller but if they really do have an underlying I/0 power fault with the usb interface id like to know in advance before selling them on at substantially less than what they originally cost me just because i simply dont know wether they have a fault or not, and of course as they really have served me well and brought nothing but joy to me the past year apart from this small discrepancy Vestax really knew what they were doing when they made these things, putting other controllers such as the pionerr Ergo and hercules models of similar value to shame with there build quality. i hope someone can answer this mystery more accurately than i can as i would like piece of mind that im not passing onto the next owner a device that doesnt even work.

Cameron
Armando Waithour
that
Brandy Widmer
Hey mate,

thanks for your detailed reply. I went through the following steps, as instructed.

is the vci
Armando Waithour
so it seems your controller is not broken! the sync problem on traktor LE might come from firmware changes. The LE version doesn
Brandy Widmer

I go to "Set-up wizard", click on Yes for external controller. Click on "Vestax" and "VCI-100 MK2 PRO". Click "No" for external mixer. Click "2 decks + 2 remix decks" and close.

In "Audio set up", it says "Please check your audio routing". It says in Audio device - VCI-100MK2 DJ-Controller (not connected). I click on arrow, it offers "Built-in (Core Audio) or "BoomDevice (Core Audio). I choose "Built in".

Output routing - Internal - I go to Output Master, Output L for L and Output R for R

I am using it on my brothers Mac book pro, my Macbook wouldn't download Traktor2 pro (capabilities). Now, I have just switched my controller over to my Macbook, and the controller works fine with Traktor Le, except that it doesn't mix in synch. Power light on and Data send light flashing when I adjust knobs, crossfader etc.

Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by c0nsul
make sure the input/output is set to the vci.
This.
Armando Waithour

Brandy Widmer
Hi there,

I have a query about the above named controller.

I have recently bought it and have just downloaded Traktor pro 2. Thing is, I have connected my Vestax to my (brothers) Mac book pro but the "data send" light on the controller is not working. The controller is on and going through USB but the controller is not working in conjunction with Traktor.

Now, I've gone to the set up wizard on Traktor pro but for some reason, I simply (and I'm sure it's something very simple that I am not doing) cannot get my controller linked. I have tried various ways to set up but it's just not happening.

I have only started getting back into dj'ing (Technics 1210 fan) after 8 year respite. Technology is presenting a slight challenge, to say the least.

Any help/advice would be very much appreciated.

Cheers
Ben
Valeri Babiak
May sound obvious but has the macbook got all the latest driver updates?
Armando Waithour
that
Brandy Widmer
Hey mate,

is the vci
Armando Waithour
Brandy Widmer

Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by c0nsul
make sure the input/output is set to the vci.
This.
Armando Waithour

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy