VCI-100 Dead! Help?

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: VCI-100 Dead! Help?Reply
VCI-100 Dead! Help?
Posted on: 01.03.2013 by Jeanine Steinhart
After good 3-4 years of use as my go to controller in the studio mainly used for sampling, last evening my vci just died after I tried plugging it out from one pc and moving it to the other one. I have tested multiple cables and multiple computers, the only light I get is under the jog wheels but just for a second. I was using the usb connector.

Here are my questions. If I find the adapter, is it possible to have it working this way and still use the usb?
Does anyone know of a place in the Los angeles area that would be able to fix a vci-100? and last, does djranking s offer repair of the units?

I haven't opened the unit yet but just wanted to ask here first before I start digging into it.

Thank for the help im new here, mostly been reading the boards in the past.
Armando Waithour
someone with soldering knowledge should have a look inside. maybe it is something very simple like a loose cable or the defect usb port has be replaced... don
Armando Waithour
someone with soldering knowledge should have a look inside. maybe it is something very simple like a loose cable or the defect usb port has be replaced... don
Armando Waithour
Armando Waithour
Armando Waithour
Armando Waithour
Armando Waithour
Armando Waithour
Armando Waithour
Armando Waithour
Armando Waithour
Armando Waithour
Armando Waithour
Jeanine Steinhart
After good 3-4 years of use as my go to controller in the studio mainly used for sampling, last evening my vci just died after I tried plugging it out from one pc and moving it to the other one. I have tested multiple cables and multiple computers, the only light I get is under the jog wheels but just for a second. I was using the usb connector.

Here are my questions. If I find the adapter, is it possible to have it working this way and still use the usb?
Does anyone know of a place in the Los angeles area that would be able to fix a vci-100? and last, does djranking s offer repair of the units?

I haven't opened the unit yet but just wanted to ask here first before I start digging into it.

Thank for the help im new here, mostly been reading the boards in the past.
Kellie Myrum
Give it a shot and fill ticket to Vestax support! Let them know everything so at least they can locate the issue before sending it anywhere for repair.

Luck!
Armando Waithour
Lilliana Perris
Mine is dead too....more than a year ago. It worked 100% the evening and I packed it away.
Next morning, dead as a doornail.

Still have no idea why.

Had someone take a look and they said there was power flowing via it....but still no dice.

Sorry mate...
Warner Rotberg
My guess is you didnt "disconnect" is correctly when pulling it out. But who does, right? I've seen many hard drives fail like this without correctly disconnecting it (Windows). Cant answer for MAC.

Sorry for being off topic, but how do you use this for sampling in the studio?
Romaine Zoretic
I would rather buy one
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Maude Milesky
I might be interested in buying it if you cant fix it. Not sure if the adapter will help though.

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy