Watch: Mind-blowing technology transforms brainwaves for music production
A truly spectacular project has been carried out. Smirnoff and the Queen Elisabeth Foundation teamed up with DJ Fresh and three physically disabled men. The team set out to produce a track. How? By using the most important instrument of creativity: the mind.
The amazing was made possible by PhD Julian Castet’s. Using the trailblazing technology, the emotions and thoughts were interpreted as brainwaves; which in turn were transformed into sound waves.
In this way, the physical limitations were overcome and with the help of DJ Fresh, a banging original track was finished. The extremely developed technology that made the project possible gives evidence that the pictures painted by futurists and sci-fi novels aren't as far from reality anymore. However, there are obvious restraints and complications waiting to be overcome, until this technology can become widespread.
Watch the making-of video below! The project's outcome 'Mindtunes', is available in the iTunes store, with the Queen Elizabeth’s Foundation for Disabled People!
- 03.08.2020 Ivan Dorn unearths stunning new single 'Love Could Be'
- 22.05.2019 Selena Gomez at Cannes 2019
- 22.05.2019 Here Are the Lyrics to Taylor Swift's 'ME!,'
- 22.05.2019 Why Gwyneth Paltrow Has Worked Hard'
- 20.05.2019 Netherlands wins Eurovision
- 22.05.2019 Julia Roberts Reveals Why Shes Never Watched Game of Thrones
- 22.05.2019 Elton John: 'Being a performer saved my life'
- 22.05.2019 Shakira and Carlos Vives beat plagiarism case
- 20.05.2019 Taylor Swift admits strange shower habit
- 19.05.2019 Sam Smith & Normani's 'Dancing With a Stranger' Hits No. 1
- 19.05.2019 Michael Jackson's Eldest Child Prince Graduates
- 15.05.2019 Taylor Swift Reacts to YouTubers' 'ME!'
- 19.05.2019 Unfinished Prince memoir gets publication date
- 15.05.2019 'Daisy Jones & the Six' goes behind the music
- 15.05.2019 P!nk and Stormzy Continue U.K. Chart Reigns
- 15.05.2019 Halsey Announces New Single 'Nightmare'
- 14.05.2019 Grandmaster Flash wins Polar Music Prize
- 14.05.2019 New releases from Amanda Palmer, Stella Donnelly
- 19.05.2019 Hozier talks about new album 'Wasteland, Baby!'
- 14.05.2019 Myspace loses 50 million songs
Back to news