DJ, producer, remixer, and label boss Peter Rauhofer dies at age 48
It is with great sympathy and sadness that we report that the Austrian-born DJ/producer Peter Rauhofer has died at 48 after a battle with brain cancer. The head of the Star 69 Records was a household name in the New York house scene for decades. Resident at the Roxy and Stereo; he performed and produced under the names Club 59 and Size Queen; remixed the likes of Cher, Madonna, Whitney Houston, Jessica Simpson, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Yoko Ono, and Pink. His remixing capabilities brought him Grammy honors for his Christina Aguilera remix of 'Beautiful'.
A statement from Rauhofer’s that was posted on his Facebook page reads:
“Today the music industry has lost one of its true heroes. With a heavy heart I must now report that Peter Rauhofer has lost his battle with brain cancer. He passed quietly today and is survived by his mother, Helga, who resides in Austria. She will transport Peter back home to his final resting place there, but to all that knew Peter, his heart will always be in New York City. It makes me sad, not only that I have lost a friend, but that the world has lost an amazing talent and that future generations will never get to understand the magic that Peter created night after night all over the world. He is gone too soon but we will always have the vast body of music that Peter left for us. Through his music, Peter will live forever. The brightest stars always burn out too soon. Peter, you were loved and you will be terribly missed. Goodbye my friend. Please rest in peace knowing that you have brought so much joy to so many of us. I ask that his true fans keep his legacy alive by sharing his music with anyone who may not have had the opportunity to experience it for themselves.”
- 03.08.2020 Ivan Dorn unearths stunning new single 'Love Could Be'
- 22.05.2019 Selena Gomez at Cannes 2019
- 22.05.2019 Here Are the Lyrics to Taylor Swift's 'ME!,'
- 22.05.2019 Why Gwyneth Paltrow Has Worked Hard'
- 20.05.2019 Netherlands wins Eurovision
- 22.05.2019 Julia Roberts Reveals Why Shes Never Watched Game of Thrones
- 22.05.2019 Elton John: 'Being a performer saved my life'
- 22.05.2019 Shakira and Carlos Vives beat plagiarism case
- 20.05.2019 Taylor Swift admits strange shower habit
- 19.05.2019 Sam Smith & Normani's 'Dancing With a Stranger' Hits No. 1
- 19.05.2019 Michael Jackson's Eldest Child Prince Graduates
- 15.05.2019 Taylor Swift Reacts to YouTubers' 'ME!'
- 19.05.2019 Unfinished Prince memoir gets publication date
- 15.05.2019 'Daisy Jones & the Six' goes behind the music
- 15.05.2019 P!nk and Stormzy Continue U.K. Chart Reigns
- 15.05.2019 Halsey Announces New Single 'Nightmare'
- 14.05.2019 Grandmaster Flash wins Polar Music Prize
- 14.05.2019 New releases from Amanda Palmer, Stella Donnelly
- 19.05.2019 Hozier talks about new album 'Wasteland, Baby!'
- 14.05.2019 Myspace loses 50 million songs
Back to news