The Blueprint: Behind the Epic Cross of Justice
The most recent episode of Jay Z's Life + Times, 'The Blueprint', goes behind the epic cross to reveal what's behind the live show of the French electro duo Justice. The duo has come a long way since their first album in 2005, Malik Malki, their sound engineer, has been with them every step of the way. He gets a word in on how the duo made the transition from analog to digital. Vincent Lerisson stepped in only recently as the light designer. With “respect the visual precedent that had been set for the first shows,” Vincent had to come up with ingenious solutions for a duo that doesn't want images nor colors for their live performances.
Gaspard Auge and Xavier De Rosnay have been at the forefront of French electro, and their taste in music as well as stage performance, is of another league. They've managed to incorporate LED screens, LED balls and all that jazz into an epic live show. The signature Marshall stacks have gotten a 21 century re-make with other disregard to the rainbow colors of today's EDM 'culture'.
Enjoy the mini-doc, and get yourself excited for an epic May. Not only is Daft Punk going to give you 'Random Access Memories', but Justice will also give you 'Access All Areas', the live recordings album out May 6th.
- 03.08.2020 Ivan Dorn unearths stunning new single 'Love Could Be'
- 22.05.2019 Selena Gomez at Cannes 2019
- 22.05.2019 Here Are the Lyrics to Taylor Swift's 'ME!,'
- 22.05.2019 Why Gwyneth Paltrow Has Worked Hard'
- 20.05.2019 Netherlands wins Eurovision
- 22.05.2019 Julia Roberts Reveals Why Shes Never Watched Game of Thrones
- 22.05.2019 Elton John: 'Being a performer saved my life'
- 22.05.2019 Shakira and Carlos Vives beat plagiarism case
- 20.05.2019 Taylor Swift admits strange shower habit
- 19.05.2019 Sam Smith & Normani's 'Dancing With a Stranger' Hits No. 1
- 19.05.2019 Michael Jackson's Eldest Child Prince Graduates
- 15.05.2019 Taylor Swift Reacts to YouTubers' 'ME!'
- 19.05.2019 Unfinished Prince memoir gets publication date
- 15.05.2019 'Daisy Jones & the Six' goes behind the music
- 15.05.2019 P!nk and Stormzy Continue U.K. Chart Reigns
- 15.05.2019 Halsey Announces New Single 'Nightmare'
- 14.05.2019 Grandmaster Flash wins Polar Music Prize
- 14.05.2019 New releases from Amanda Palmer, Stella Donnelly
- 19.05.2019 Hozier talks about new album 'Wasteland, Baby!'
- 14.05.2019 Myspace loses 50 million songs
Back to news