Boys Noize Records celebrates 100th release: Double a-side single featuring The Chemical Brothers and Justice
The land of precision, quality - and yes - superb electronic music. Germany may be credited with originating trance music in the early '80s, but it is also the place where techno had established itself on the party scene by 1987. Around then, Sven Väth became a god-like DJ, and the first of many to run his own techno club. Building on that legacy, Alex Ridha aka Boys Noize, established his label in 2005. Now, after 8 successful years of operating, Boys Noize Records celebrates its 100th release with a big one!
Bringing us banging tunes from the likes of Strip Steve, D.I.M., Erol Alkan, SCNTST and Ridha himself to name a few; Boys Noize Records has left a huge imprint on electronic music.
The critically acclaimed 'Out of the Black' has already been remixed by Chromeo, Jacques Lu Cont, Jimmy Edgar, Van She and D.I.M. 'What You Want', the D-Train sampling single was accompanied by a surreal video of a uni-browed superhero society. Now, to commemorate its 100th release, BNR has published a single with remixes by two worthy duos: The Chemical Brothers and Justice.
The Chemical Brothers turned the electro hit “XTC” to a seven-minute techno track, and a must-have warehouse rave banger! An intense ride, no doubt!
Justice did not disappoint with their spin on 'Ich R U' either. Somewhat sinister in their approach, the French duo pay no respect to the fact, that Ridha himself described 'Ich R U', as 'one of the more melodic and uplifting tracks of 'Out of the Black''. Then again, they had every right to do so, because the result is every bit as epic as it needed to be for the 100th release!
The split single is available to purchase via download or 12” vinyl here . Listen to the tracks below! May BNR have another successful 100 releases in times to come!
Also: Check out Boys Noize's latest project with Skrillex: Dog Blood's more than impressive set at UMF 2013, showing off new, original material
- 03.08.2020 Ivan Dorn unearths stunning new single 'Love Could Be'
- 22.05.2019 Selena Gomez at Cannes 2019
- 22.05.2019 Here Are the Lyrics to Taylor Swift's 'ME!,'
- 22.05.2019 Why Gwyneth Paltrow Has Worked Hard'
- 20.05.2019 Netherlands wins Eurovision
- 22.05.2019 Julia Roberts Reveals Why Shes Never Watched Game of Thrones
- 22.05.2019 Elton John: 'Being a performer saved my life'
- 22.05.2019 Shakira and Carlos Vives beat plagiarism case
- 20.05.2019 Taylor Swift admits strange shower habit
- 19.05.2019 Sam Smith & Normani's 'Dancing With a Stranger' Hits No. 1
- 19.05.2019 Michael Jackson's Eldest Child Prince Graduates
- 15.05.2019 Taylor Swift Reacts to YouTubers' 'ME!'
- 19.05.2019 Unfinished Prince memoir gets publication date
- 15.05.2019 'Daisy Jones & the Six' goes behind the music
- 15.05.2019 P!nk and Stormzy Continue U.K. Chart Reigns
- 15.05.2019 Halsey Announces New Single 'Nightmare'
- 14.05.2019 Grandmaster Flash wins Polar Music Prize
- 14.05.2019 New releases from Amanda Palmer, Stella Donnelly
- 19.05.2019 Hozier talks about new album 'Wasteland, Baby!'
- 14.05.2019 Myspace loses 50 million songs
Back to news